Comparing Singapore Solar Film Companies

Kev33

Woah. Where and how to test for IR arh? I just install new solar film leh. I also scare kenna con!!!! [:(] [:(] [:(]

install Liao don't think so much
↡ Advertisement

Just replace my windscreen due to crack line. Solar film is gone. So now looking to stick back with a new one.

Any bro can recommend a good brand to start? And whats the mkt price for just a front windscreen? My budget is ard $150. Understand that IR99% is the best. But seems like alot of MCF complains that its fake. Any trustable companies to intro?

Just replace my windscreen due to crack line. Solar film is gone. So now looking to stick back with a new one.

Any bro can recommend a good brand to start? And whats the mkt price for just a front windscreen? My budget is ard $150. Understand that IR99% is the best. But seems like alot of MCF complains that its fake. Any trustable companies to intro?

i find it puzzling that vkool n 3M can't do IR rejection 99% film but other brands claim their 99%.. How to verify?

I did mine for $170 and chose the lowest grade cos money no enough.

I hope they made a mistake and accidentally installed the higher grade! biggrin.gif

where did you get your film done ?

Went to Rike Cool website and saw that their prices is quite premium.. Is this the standard nowadays or any cheaper place to recommend? Of course must be good as well. Thanks.

how is it? and what's the damage ah?

I did this in Jan 2007 so it now more than 7 years and not a single bubble.

It works perfectly and I paid $170 for all the windows and $10 for the 5 inch black bit

at the top of the front windscreen.

To me service and product was good, the manager helpful and the price very fair.

I have no regrets not paying more for the more "branded" film.

:D

• Praise 2

I did this in Jan 2007 so it now more than 7 years and not a single bubble.

It works perfectly and I paid $170 for all the windows and $10 for the 5 inch black bit

at the top of the front windscreen.

To me service and product was good, the manager helpful and the price very fair.

I have no regrets not paying more for the more "branded" film.

$180 for the whole car!! That's really cheap bro and proven after 7+ years!!

Must go check this out cos I also keen on doing for home windows.

I did for some of my home windows with Huper Optik and damn ex!! But got another

room which I didn't do for cost reason so may want to do it if they do for room windows as

well. Thks for sharing [thumbsup]

• Praise 5

$180 for the whole car!! That's really cheap bro and proven after 7+ years!!

Must go check this out cos I also keen on doing for home windows.

I did for some of my home windows with Huper Optik and damn ex!! But got another

room which I didn't do for cost reason so may want to do it if they do for room windows as

well. Thks for sharing [thumbsup]

Between you and me bro, they make solar film in very big rolls

and the price of manufacture is not expensive even for the better grade film.

The higher price for the more branded film is just "mark up" and advertising costs.

One day when people find out the true cost of making a lolex watch,

I think they may find paying the retail price a little bit less appetizing.

• Praise 1

Did mine at Tinsycool as well for my first ride. 7 years later when I sold it, no issues.

Unfortunately, my second ride was a resale and came with installed film.

Edited by Sabian

Between you and me bro, they make solar film in very big rolls

and the price of manufacture is not expensive even for the better grade film.

The higher price for the more branded film is just "mark up" and advertising costs.

One day when people find out the true cost of making a lolex watch,

I think they may find paying the retail price a little bit less appetizing.

My wife going to kill me if the price from Tinsycool comes out to be a fraction of the Huper

Optik one haha [knife]

• Praise 4

My wife going to kill me if the price from Tinsycool comes out to be a fraction of the Huper

Optik one haha [knife]

Just don't tell her!

I never tell my wife what I post about my MIL here.

I think if she found about I could be joining the To all the divorce and break up guys thread.

To be honest, after having used really high end (alternative meaning: expensive) and low end (alternative meaning: cheap) solar films I have a few conclusions.

1. You do not need really expensive branded solar films. Anything over $800 is mad.

2. You should not get cheap films either, because they don't work.

3. Dark/black films don't work as well as you think. Black absorbs heat. Get the reflective type.

4. Workmanship matters.

Summary advise: Go for the cheapest film with highest infra-red rejection (IRR) % you can find. I think there are decent ones costs $500-600 for the entire car.

That said, my current car does NOT have solar film because I really don't like how it makes my windscreen look wavy. The workmanship is the biggest variable and they vary from time to time, person to person even for the really expensive vendors, and sometimes they can really mess up your car because they need to remove your panels, unscrew your rear view mirror, remove your IU, remove your car cam, etc.

I ever had once where I replaced the solar film because it failed the inspection (I bought the car with lousy solar film that was turning cloudy over time) then when they took out the old film the rear de-fogger/heating lines were damaged.

If I ever do solar film again, I will only do on the sides, using the highest IRR film I can find to prevent my hand from being chow dar. For the rest, there's sunshade and sunglasses.

Also if you drive a modern car with auto-dim rear view mirrors, the sensor is in the rear view mirror. A dark rear film (for those LTA compliant setup) will cause the dimming mechanism to behave wonky on some cars, especially if it dims the side mirrors too.

• Praise 2

I am considering Tintsy Cool.. Any Bros did their cars over there recently? How is it and what is their prices like? Not shown on their website.. Sometimes abit scare when it is not published, no transparency on the prices..

I am considering Tintsy Cool.. Any Bros did their cars over there recently? How is it and what is their prices like? Not shown on their website.. Sometimes abit scare when it is not published, no transparency on the prices..

I use it and its very good.

You should go down and get the most expensive one,

tell them James sent you and that I will come round

later to collect my introduction fee.

• Praise 1

I use it and its very good.

You should go down and get the most expensive one,

tell them James sent you and that I will come round

later to collect my introduction fee.

Haha thanks James.. How much is the most expensive one? Quote your name got discount anot or more expensive cos they need to pay u referral fee? Mwhahaha!

Haha thanks James.. How much is the most expensive one? Quote your name got discount anot or more expensive cos they need to pay u referral fee? Mwhahaha!

Haha! I did it in 2007 and that time got $170, I think $288, $388, $588 or something like that.

I could only afford the cheap one.

Referral fee huh? I really don't think they can even remember who I am.

I went only once to drop the car and pick up the car and never went there since.

↡ Advertisement