Comparing Singapore Solar Film Companies

Kev33

Neutral Newbie

BAN: Clone of Dennis78

Hi all,

I been wanting to do up my solar films for my car as the weather is terrible these days. And went on to understand and enquiry about the different types of solar films offered in Singapore.

To my surprise some Top brands do not seem to offer very good types of solar films and instead its the lesser known companies that do sad.gif

I understand that Metallic films will cause IU/GPS interference and are the lesser preferred. And IR% would be most important for heat rejection. I asked for their top specs and for my mid-size saloon BMW 320I and all LTA approved.

Below are my findings for each

Brand_____________Type of Solar Film____________Front IR%________________Rear IR%_______________Cost

Huber Optik___________Nano-Ceramic_________________45______________________87____________________1100
V- Kool______________Metalllic-Film_________________77_____________________98_____________________1200 wub.gif
Absolute Tint__________Nano-Ceramic__________________95_____________________95_____________________480 smile.gif
Rike Cool_____________Nano-ceramic__________________80_____________________90___________________1600 bigcry.gif
Tintsy Cool_____________Nano-Ceramic__________________90_____________________90______________________949

Verdict - I decided on Absolute Tint that proves the best value and highest specs for both front and rear.

It was quite shocking to know that the big brands are over-charging and not proving as good films as I thought they have. dizzy.gif

Edited by BabyBlade
BAN: Clone of Dennis78
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Did they show you or test the film with the meter,i do not mean the bulb feel that most of them do that.

I mean did they show or read the film with meter to prove the IRR.

My experience once is that 1 month ago, i fixed an appointment with a shop at Ubi at 1pm to install a so call 95% IRR's solar film for all the windows but when i go back to the shop at 6pm+,they have only just installed the front windscreen and told me to come back at 8pm!!wow lau..

As I got an appointment to rush,I were so fed up and just left the shop

After a few days drive, I still feel so warm(from front) as compare to my father car with so call 80%IRR.So i sent my car to another shop to install the rest of the of the windows .

This time,I go for the 99%IRR even though it cost me more than the other shop.The boss tested the film with a IR meter that read to me exactly 99%IRR!!

And also I suspect the one that i install for the front windscreen is not "95%IRR" so i asked the boss to tear it out and test..

You guess?? its read only 56%IRR!!..and they sell me at 95%IRR!!I really feel so cheated but fortunely I only done up the front windscreen with this unethical shop.

• Praise 2

They have so may grades, some cost $188, some cost 1K plus. I just wonder if their staff ever made mistakes, mistook low grade film for high grade and vice versa or was wrongly communicated.

The last I installed, I chose the highest grade. Then, the boss gave instruction to his workers in Cantonese. I don't understand Cantonese! Then, I see the worker pulling out the films out from heaps of films.

• Praise 1

You mean, you lived in Singapore & never had solar film until recently? Thats more surprising that the difference in prices for the brands.

Before you put the solar film, maybe you can help me do a test. Put an egg on top of the dashboard in the morning, & see it it turns full boil in open carpark by evening when you drove back home. :p

By the way, didn't know its so expensive to get solar film done up.

Thanks.

• Praise 2

They have so may grades, some cost $188, some cost 1K plus. I just wonder if their staff ever made mistakes, mistook low grade film for high grade and vice versa or was wrongly communicated.

The last I installed, I chose the highest grade. Then, the boss gave instruction to his workers in Cantonese. I don't understand Cantonese! Then, I see the worker pulling out the films out from heaps of films.

I did mine for $170 and chose the lowest grade cos money no enough.

I hope they made a mistake and accidentally installed the higher grade! :D

Neutral Newbie

what about "Cool & Lite" brand?

Do share the name of unethical shop and also the shop you mentioned offer quality spec as claim.

• Praise 1

Actually,I were also unsure weather they really put the 99%IRR or not as I been cheated once..but then..

During the installation process,while the installers lay the film on the window(before paste) this boss even test the film with the meter again to assure me and its read 99% IRR.

haha..This time I end up happily with no doubt.

This film really work,I can say that the best heat cut film which I ever have, even under the current hot Sun.

• Praise 1

what about "Cool & Lite" brand?

Do share the name of unethical shop and also the shop you mentioned offer quality spec as claim.

Sorry bro,think not so nice to mention name.

Just be more careful & kiasu ask for more proven spec(that eye can see)of the products before you buy,esp when the products cost are so much different from each other.

Once bitten twice shy...haha..i learned from experience. :)

Neutral Newbie

infratint lei?

I think highest specs for Infratint is 80% IR for front and back at $400

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

For Absolute tint I am sure they provide IR 95%, because previously I had about IR 60% solar film from the ex-owner and still can fill the heat when parked in open car park...but now with the 95%, I on aircon 1 minute the car cool liao. Somemore uphosltery all not so hot.

Neutral Newbie

For Absolute tint I am sure they provide IR 95%, because previously I had about IR 60% solar film from the ex-owner and still can fill the heat when parked in open car park...but now with the 95%, I on aircon 1 minute the car cool liao. Somemore uphosltery all not so hot.

I'm considering doing my car with solar film from them or RikeCool.

Do Absolutetint has a IR meter to show that they can block 95% of IR?

Their specs seemed really good in terms of IRR, similar to 3M crystaline series.

• Praise 1

i did mine at zen car for $300 only. It's their highest end solar film.

You can check out at www.zencar.com.sg

You can request for dark or darker film. [spec & price same]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1