Electricity to cost more

Actan72

Electricity to cost more

05:55 AM Mar 31, 2010SINGAPORE - Electricity will cost more from April 1 to June 30. It will be the fourth consecutive quarter of increase.

With the increase of about 3 per cent, electricity will cost 23.56 cents per kilowatt-hour. On average, families in four-room HDB flats will see a $2.47 increase in their monthly electricity bill for the quarter. SP Services said the hike is due to a continued increase in fuel oil prices. The average fuel oil price over the last three months has increased from $99.38 to $102.95 per barrel.

The Energy Market Authority, the electricity industry regulator, has approved the revised tariff.

[bigcry][bigcry][bigcry][bigcry][bigcry][bigcry]

↡ Advertisement

Change all incandescent bulbs to energy saving type.

Use gas water heater instead of electric heater. (Avoid tank type as this will continually switch on & off to maintain the heated water)

Avoid using those hot water pots that keeps water heated all day.

Use gas cooker instead of electric hobs.

My February ultity bill is already like $295/- liao.

OMG!!!! [:(]

thats why i say nuclear energy is the way to go in the long run. if iran can have it, why cant we ?

Nuke energy is not the solution to these short term utility price increases in Sg. The problem is P|@|P.

Edited by Turboflat4

thats why i say nuclear energy is the way to go in the long run. if iran can have it, why cant we ?

use nuclear they will also have 101 reasons to make you pay...

they can tag utilities prices to follow price of uranium...

up, raise electricity price..... down, diam diam....

you also lan lan...

you kaopeh to Straits Times, they will give you a official reply and thats the end of the story.... you are expected to believe and trust and take their reply as the final answer and solution...

we can, thats y gov is trying to accumulate all the fund from us now loh... [;)][;)]

Change all incandescent bulbs to energy saving type.

Use gas water heater instead of electric heater. (Avoid tank type as this will continually switch on & off to maintain the heated water)

Avoid using those hot water pots that keeps water heated all day.

Use gas cooker instead of electric hobs.

No use one lah, the price is simply really crazy! I even go to the extreme of using LED bulb (at least 200% more efficient than normal energy saving bulb), use fan instead of Aircon, use hand washing instead of washing machine, use gas to cook water instead of electric kettle, use old wired phone instead of cordless phone, use laptop instead of desktop, even my HP and recyclable batt is now charge at office (damn cheapskate rite?).... knn, my bill still 3 figure... WTF??? do i really have to go to the extend of listen radio instead of watching tV??? KNS, our electric price is already the top 5 in the world liao... still have to increase??? Give us a break lah...

Can buy electricity from faraway land?

Can transmit electricity via GPS? (joking).

Who is so abundant, got electricity to sell?

http://www.bernama.com/bernama/v7/wn/newsworld.php?id=1071417

VIENTIANE, Sept 24 (Bernama) -- All 10 member countries of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (Asean) have agreed to integrate their power supplies to cut costs, Thai News Agency (TNA) reported.

The agreement was reached at the 32nd Asean Ministers on Energy Meeting (AMEM) held in Laos' capital Vientiane from Sept 23 to 24.

Under the agreement, all Asean members will connect and integrate their energy markets, cut electricity generating costs, secure regional energy supply in the long run and boost the bloc's competitiveness on the global energy market.

The AMEM on Wednesday issued a joint statement on a regional electricity trade project between Laos, Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore which supports Thailand's potential to become an Asean hub of power trade.

Thai Energy Minister Narongchai Akrasanee, who led a delegation to the event, said Thailand and the three Asean neighbours have agreed in principle that the project begins with Laos selling electricity directly to Singapore.

Narongchai said Singapore will tentatively buy 100 megawatts of electricity from Laos and that the agreement represents a good start of the Asean Power Grid Project.

The four Asean countries will form a joint committee to study technical issues and the price for the cross-border power trade. Thailand will host a meeting of the joint committee later in November.

The AMEM also discussed regional gas pipeline development in paving the way for transnational gas trade in future.

Laos selling electricity to Singapore? Where is the pipeline for natural gas?

Can we have cheaper electricity? Doubt so, as our market is still regulated by SP.

Laos selling electricity to Singapore? Where is the pipeline for natural gas?

Can we have cheaper electricity? Doubt so, as our market is still regulated by SP.

The electricity is not 'transported' all the way from Laos.

Laos, Thailand, Malaysia, Sg agree to share their electricity grid. So, it may just be a matter of linking some grids and the working out the billing part.

Can only work when the political climate amongst these countries are ' not electrifying", LOL

• Praise 1

with the ability to transmit data over electrical cables, are we assured that it will be virus-free? :D

Laos, Thailand, Malaysia, Sg agree to share their electricity grid. So, it may just be a matter of linking some grids and the working out the billing part.

Can only work when the political climate amongst these countries are ' not electrifying", LOL

Edited by Kangadrool

be prepared for price hike again

who is going to pay for the infrastructure

↡ Advertisement