Need advice on a traffic scenario

Saycheese78

Hi Guys

I got into these awkward scenario yesterday near Buang Kok. Luckily no accident but very cheesed. Please advice on what I can do.

I was travelling along a 2 way road, One lane for each direction. At the mid point of this road, there is a kerb seperating the 2 way and this road leads to a T junction. Kerb was throughout the road to the T junction.

There was road work in my direction at the start of the kerb region. A worker directed me to the road on opposite direction. I went forward as instructed and to my shock, there were no worker to prevent traffic coming in! I went straight to the T junction and got stopped by the traffic light. A car on the left side of the T junction turned right and go head on into my direction. Luckily the driver was alert and swerved in through a left filter.

So what will you do if you are in the situation?

Any avenue I can complain to? I want to prevent such things from happening again!

Thanks.

PS: if the uncle is reading this, I am sorry for putting you in risk and thanks for being alert. He swerve to the lane on my right and join back the road through the turn left filter against flow of traffic! Sorry for putting you at risk.

Edited by Saycheese78
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

While the company in charge of the work should have personnel guarding the other side, drivers should also have some common sense. If one sees there is road work on the single opposite lane, apparently the traffic on that lane will be diverted to use the remaining space, and so should be extra careful, like stopping and using the headlight to signal to any oncoming vehicle, and not driving at 50 kph and relying on an emergency brake. Not sure if driving schools these days emphasize the importance of common sense, or just making everyone believe that insurance companies and lawyers can sort everything out. In this case, the "offending" driver probably should have turned on the hazard light, which may be the only way to inform other people he/she discovered or was in a situation that could be dangerous. But then, there may be people who do not look before turning and so missing the light ......

Edited by Hwt

Short answer : Never trust foreign workers to direct traffic properly. Drive defensively at all times.

Fully agreed. [thumbsup]

But in this type of situation, should reduce speed and look far ahead of any on-coming traffic.....