Alfa Romeo Giulietta

Zac

strange thing,

i've always thought the VW Golf is the ultimate German hatchback to get which is really value-for-money....

however,

seems that many are holding their money for the Alfa Giuletta....

seems that many find the Golf Mk6 styling dated and dull....

the Giuletta would be the car for them then!!!

a Golf with a pretty face!!!

but many magazines said the alfas now... no soul and passion.

↡ Advertisement

well,

i guess the thing about the 'Soul and Passion' that i've referred to earlier,

will sure turn away Alfa fans,

but it's the 'Golf with a pretty face' that will attract many youngsters and to the Alfa brand....

i think many people still find the Mk6 Golf a really boring and staid looking car (which doesn't make a proud ownership and useless in showing off as a status symbol)....

they want something more stylish, yet have the practicality of the Golf (5door, proper boot, folding seats, etc)....

i'm sure the 1.4T Multiaire 155bhp version will sell pretty well if priced the same as the Golf (which is possible, just dependent on Alfa Singapore.... )

if that's the case, Fiat would have to close its doors!!!

Cheers

but many magazines said the alfas now... no soul and passion.

soul as in less reliable?

passion as in more electronic hiccups ?

in other words, to these magazines, any car with good reliability and efficient engine, good built quality is souless and passionless?

Anyway, i'd prefer if they revert Alfa to RWD.

And i think the Giuletta is simply fantastic to look at..... if it drives and rides like what the magazines reported... Alfa is back!... soul or passion or not.

Neutral Newbie

soul as in less reliable?

passion as in more electronic hiccups ?

in other words, to these magazines, any car with good reliability and efficient engine, good built quality is souless and passionless?

Anyway, i'd prefer if they revert Alfa to RWD.

And i think the Giuletta is simply fantastic to look at..... if it drives and rides like what the magazines reported... Alfa is back!... soul or passion or not.

I think u should read the whole thread then you will understand what chrispie is talking about in terms of "soul & passion" before jumping to conclusion. :)

Neutral Newbie

"Giulietta... a Golf with a pretty face!!!"

THAT's AN INSULT TO AN ALFISTIS!!! although i'm not yet an Alfitis i think it's not right to use such a reference...

sorry for the abrupt interruption... i know this thread has been going on for awhile & for this i'm glad someone started it.

hoped i'm not to late to add my comments [cool]

Neutral Newbie

i'm so.... looking forward to get my hands on Giulietta steering wheel!

it'll be one hack-of a car to look @... & to drive.

Alfa Mito holds true to its DNA feature. tried it sometime ago & the feature kicks in instantly! u could feel the car as it should. too bad the Mito is smaller than my current ride.

another kudos to Fiat/Alfa is the new engine train - multiair (new engine of the year award eh ", swee) as well as START/STOP feature to keep fuel consumption in the tank (literally) than wasting it while caught in the jam/ waiting for traffic light to turn green.

amazing isn't it?! a stunning looking car with power on demand that keeps fuel consumption in check...

my gut feel tells me Alfa is BACK!!!

(edited)

this is really a very good looking car.. sadly i would never gonna get my hands on them.. It would be ex i think..

Edited by JX83

Neutral Newbie

Have you actually driven the previous gen alfas to understand what's the soul and passion? Unless one have experience, one is unable to appreciate what is lost or changed.

The pre-fiat alfisti will complain about the post-fiat alfas, and the post-fiat alfisti will complain about the gm-ish alfas. It never stops.

i like the way this is put across... well then, you should place me to be most current as i've driven the current 147 & 159 & i love it to the core as well as Mito & Fiat Bravo (which i currently drive) which most people say has little/less "soul". for that i must defend this.

i'm true to manual transmission... how do u put it? i simply love it the way Fiat & Alfa created their manual & selespeed. it's a love-hate thingy peeps ",

having driven a DSG car & a fully auto Alfa before (which i totally dislike), it actually lack the feel & soul of the car. i know the car is moving very fast (speedometer won't lie rite) but there is no kick to the ride at all! very disappointing actually. so i guess that's what the world wants right now - DSG

the lack of "feel & soul" commented on Giulietta I feel is always referencing back to old Alfa 'engaging' style of driving... well, the world is embracing trends & current trend states that car should be less 'nuggy' or 'disruptive' (NOT unreliable ok!)... hence the creation of DSG gear boxes... (haiz) anyhow i'm sticking to manual transmission...

All this talk re Guilietta that we ahve yet to see and rive in SG......it still is an outstanding piece of design that is different and people will love or hate it for that.

A comparison test I read a fortnight ago rated it above Focus and that is saying something given that Focus is such a well put together chassis. So yes Alfa have got it right and as some of you have pointed out - AR is is deep manure financially so lets hope for everone's sakes they sell.

And they are not boring German (chose my Brera over an AUdi A5 sportback - gorgeous piece of kit but soulless - both wife and I looked at Golf amongst other boring VW stuff and as she described it - (I am not getting into that shopping trolley). Enough said. Either you have a style for design and are passionate in life or you go with the flow and live a slightly (IMHO) less fulfilling life.

From a comitted passionate designer

from the pics,

the Giuletta don't make the cut....

but since the front is really a larger MiTo,

and having seen the MiTo in real life,

i'm led to agree that the Giuletta will be a great success here....especially when the looks are pretty easy to stomach....

but the mainstream of buyers will be looking into automatic transmission....

and it's only the Giuletta 1.4 versions that offer a 6DSG gearbox???

120bhp and 155bhp???

All this talk re Guilietta that we ahve yet to see and rive in SG......it still is an outstanding piece of design that is different and people will love or hate it for that.

A comparison test I read a fortnight ago rated it above Focus and that is saying something given that Focus is such a well put together chassis. So yes Alfa have got it right and as some of you have pointed out - AR is is deep manure financially so lets hope for everone's sakes they sell.

And they are not boring German (chose my Brera over an AUdi A5 sportback - gorgeous piece of kit but soulless - both wife and I looked at Golf amongst other boring VW stuff and as she described it - (I am not getting into that shopping trolley). Enough said. Either you have a style for design and are passionate in life or you go with the flow and live a slightly (IMHO) less fulfilling life.

From a comitted passionate designer

i finally find a best suited description!!! [laugh]

VW SE told me that many Golf 1.4 tsi owners up their bhp after purchase. [:)]

he nv tell you that they screw up their gearbox by doing that. there is a reason why the GTI and R are still 6 speeders (:

he nv tell you that they screw up their gearbox by doing that. there is a reason why the GTI and R are still 6 speeders (:

Even if it is stock, some VW owners are suffering issues with the DSG gearbox... the so called "Mechatronics Issue"....think there was petition being created to complain against the AD... Wonder what the status is...

↡ Advertisement