Any bros have any suggestions?

Mike1234

I am driving my dad's wish......It is also equipped with an external GPS......

However, i think the speedometer is not really accurate as sometimes it shows 100km/h but the GPS only showed like 90km/h +/- .....

Also, GPS is somehow lagging like a few minutes thus i couldnt get the most accurate reading on time....

Just wondering any bros here have other methods of reading the speed of your car?

↡ Advertisement

Well, don't really have another way of measuring your speed (other than purposely speeding when you see a traffic camera), but...GPS not very accurate. Really does lag behind somewhat. But that's to be expected, I guess, since the satellite is so far away.

I am driving my dad's wish......It is also equipped with an external GPS......

However, i think the speedometer is not really accurate as sometimes it shows 100km/h but the GPS only showed like 90km/h +/- .....

Also, GPS is somehow lagging like a few minutes thus i couldnt get the most accurate reading on time....

Just wondering any bros here have other methods of reading the speed of your car?

i am curious on "why" do you need to read your "km/h" by GPS and not by your speedometer?

anyway, GPS does have lag.

the most accurate reading, well... not 100% accurate, is your own speedometer.

Some of the speedo readings are quite small & important speeds are "-" dash instead of figures. Especially sports car where tacometer sits in center.

Also there may be cars that have MPH instead of KPH (but I think rare), or have bigger Mph display than Km/h.

I prefer to having both readings.

But for those intertested, there are speed readings units from brands like pivot that have LED speed readings.

↡ Advertisement