Which bank offers the highest Fixed Deposit rates?

Maybank TD promotion 20,000 9,999,999 0 12 2.2200% 1-Aug-2019 With minimum $2k in Maybank Current or Savings accounts Maybank iSAVvy TD 50,000 249,999 0 24 2.0000% 1-Aug-2019   ICBC SGD FD promotion (online) 20,000 9,999,999 0 12 1.9000% 1-Aug-2019 Fresh funds Sing Finance SGD FD promotion 50,000 9,999,999 0 12 1.9000% 1-Aug-2019 Fresh funds

Use this to search sista. But it doesn't include the bangkok bank sometimes mentioned here. 

https://sgfd.neocities.org/

Sing Finance is SIF? $10k 6mth @ 1.85% on the link provided

https://www.sif.com.sg/fixed-deposit.php

the rates shown on their site diff from the search leh

issit must go down to ask?

19 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Maybank online savings account Isavvy is 2.0-2.1% for the remainder of this year. Better than any 3-6 months FD out there. No brainer.

https://info.maybank2u.com.sg/promotion/deposits-banking/fresh-funds-top-up.aspx

It’s approx 1.942% effective in the end as you need to place $1k for every 10k in the savings account. 

Still pretty good. 

6 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

It’s approx 1.942% effective in the end as you need to place $1k for every 10k in the savings account. 

Still pretty good. 

No. This is just purely interest for the isavvy (and also Isavvy-Islamic) savings account. It's not the FD.
But u have to apply online and do everything online.

Yup it's better deal than even their FD.

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Maybank online savings account Isavvy is 2.0-2.1% for the remainder of this year. Better than any 3-6 months FD out there. No brainer.

https://info.maybank2u.com.sg/promotion/deposits-banking/fresh-funds-top-up.aspx

This is even (a little) higher than some fixed rate mortgage..... 

And has been on going for a year or so already.

• Praise 1

25 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

This is even (a little) higher than some fixed rate mortgage..... 

And has been on going for a year or so already.

SCB Esaver is around 1.7-1.8% depending on how much $ u have inside. 

Yes Maybank Isavvy had 2% for the previous months. That's why i currently don't have much FDs at all other than ICBC step-up FD. They are all inside these type of accounts. 
But u need to move your $ around lor. Cos it's based on incremental balance vs the august balance.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 2

5 hours ago, Lala81 said:

SCB Esaver is around 1.7-1.8% depending on how much $ u have inside. 

Yes Maybank Isavvy had 2% for the previous months. That's why i currently don't have much FDs at all other than ICBC step-up FD. They are all inside these type of accounts. 
But u need to move your $ around lor. Cos it's based on incremental balance vs the august balance.

Yeah... Must have 2 accounts under different names. Latest promotion is for 4 months, instead of 2, so a little less movements.

• Praise 1

6 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

Yeah... Must have 2 accounts under different names. Latest promotion is for 4 months, instead of 2, so a little less movements.

according to hwz money mind guys. Isavvy-islamic and Isavvy are considered different. Transfer out of isavvy into other bank, then transfer into the islamic account, can liao. Apparently Maybank is quite flexible and not as particular about the definition of "fresh funds"

2 minutes ago, Angcheek said:

Maybank promo ..... Sept - Dec . iSavvy account 2.1% 

Maintain Ave 10K daily for the period 

yup i mentioned it above.

• Praise 1

28 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

yup i mentioned it above.

The INT is applied to the entire principal amount rite ? ie not just the only amount over the 10K mark ... 

e.g. say I put in 12K .......... 10K is normal INT while  the 2K is at 2.1% .  Should be entire 12K at 2.1% rite 

I called earlier and they told me is ave daily amount over the whole month ....... But 1 thing I forget to ask was , why they used Aug data for Sept ? 

Shouldnt they used whole Sept ave for Sept INT ? 

Edited by Angcheek
  • Praise 7

45 minutes ago, Angcheek said:

The INT is applied to the entire principal amount rite ? ie not just the only amount over the 10K mark ... 

e.g. say I put in 12K .......... 10K is normal INT while  the 2K is at 2.1% .  Should be entire 12K at 2.1% rite 

I called earlier and they told me is ave daily amount over the whole month ....... But 1 thing I forget to ask was , why they used Aug data for Sept ? 

Shouldnt they used whole Sept ave for Sept INT ? 

Interest should for entire quantum.

? your daily balance must be above august balance (ie bring in fresh funds). interest is calculated on sept balance. 

But honestly i don't count lah. I let the HWZ guys count and update if got any issue lol. I think august interest had some issue and these guys spotted it and informed maybank lol

37 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Interest should for entire quantum.

? your daily balance must be above august balance (ie bring in fresh funds). interest is calculated on sept balance. 

But honestly i don't count lah. I let the HWZ guys count and update if got any issue lol. I think august interest had some issue and these guys spotted it and informed maybank lol

Can put some of ur money in my account ? 😂

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 1

any feedback on ICBC?

looking at the 3 months placement @ 1.8%

apparently this cannot be done online and must go to branch office?

2019-10-08_080137.jpg

Edited by Wt_know

37 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

any feedback on ICBC?

looking at the 3 months placement @ 1.8%

apparently this cannot be done online and must go to branch office?

2019-10-08_080137.jpg

I got icbc step up fd. 

U need to go down and set up IB. Then can do any fd on your own. 

Their IB is complicated one. Need to learn from the staff there. Takes about 40 mins for them to set up. Also need to use their token. Need to use Internet explorer only. And outward transfer is at 10k per clip. But otherwise its like cimb, can do all the fd promotions online. No need go branch anymore. 

• Praise 1

In summary. More effort needed at the start. Their IB interface is clunky. But once u know how to do, can be done online. 

Strongly advised to do over lunch time or something. 

Edited by Lala81
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2