Which bank offers the highest Fixed Deposit rates?

17 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Think max 75k for uob one account

afterwards peanut interest. 

Need to have at least 75k in the account?! [jawdrop]

↡ Advertisement

Just now, 13177 said:

eh whats 75k? peanuts...in fact, not even a peanut hahhaha

22 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Max u can put 75k for good interest rate. 

Put more no use. Thats why radx has 12 uob one account

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

2 hours ago, BanCoe said:

That's very good actually 1% , I know its micro managing; I called up Maybank and their best is only 0.4375% and above 50K is 0.50% (no chq book ) , better than the screwed up 0.05% our so called National Savings Bank as they say , DBS must be flushed with Cash in their Bank  

2 weeks back, put a couple of peanuts in Maybank @ 2.1% for 3 mths (offer period Sept-Dec). 

• Praise 2

4 hours ago, BanCoe said:

So which Bank give the best interest rate for savings account without any strings tied like tier level , dammit POSB giving only 0.05% 

Put $1k there for daily use ie ATM cash withdrawal, Nets, Giro etc and the rest tfr to CIMB Fast Saver like what bro @Lala81 mentioned. No point u hog cash at POSB as it gives the lowest rate.  

• Praise 5

3 minutes ago, Spring said:

Put $1k there for daily use ie ATM cash withdrawal, Nets, Giro etc and the rest tfr to CIMB Fast Saver like what bro @Lala81 mentioned. No point u hog cash at POSB as it gives the lowest rate.  

POSB is the worst.

• Praise 4

Add on: still need to keep 10% of that amt in their savings account.  They didn't require me to put fresh fund into savings, just 'freeze' equivalent amt in my savings acc for Sept-Dec period. 

4 minutes ago, 13177 said:

POSB is the worst.

Yah i closed down my posb account many years ago. Posb atm always queue, branch queue also long, branch close early and very little interest rate. 

Better put at frank account or uob one, earn more interest, less queue, longer branch opening hour and for ocbc its easier to transact mobile banking

• Praise 2

1 minute ago, 13177 said:

POSB is the worst.

Yes that's why no brainer not to put money there.

Most of us have a POSB account cos it was opened years ago to facilitate salary credit n GIROs etc and also in those days savings rate across the local banks were more or less same but fast forward today, POSB gives about the worst savings rate but they still have a big pool of customers cos many are lazy to close the account as plenty of GIROs have been activated and also admittedly their network of ATMs are everywhere.

• Praise 9

3 minutes ago, Spring said:

Most of us have a POSB account cos it was opened years ago to facilitate salary credit n GIROs etc and also in those days savings rate across the local banks were more or less same but fast forward today, POSB gives about the worst savings rate but they still have a big pool of customers cos many are lazy to close the account as plenty of GIROs have been activated and also admittedly their network of ATMs are everywhere.

Actually ocbc and uob can withdraw each other ATM 3x for free in a month. 

9 minutes ago, Spring said:

Some things last time only can use posb/dbs. Example poems.

11 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Yah i closed down my posb account many years ago. Posb atm always queue, branch queue also long, branch close early and very little interest rate. 

Better put at frank account or uob one, earn more interest, less queue, longer branch opening hour and for ocbc its easier to transact mobile banking

Like spring said. Some giros and funds transfer already set up Liao. I give my parents filial piety money via there. My cdp also credit there. Too lazy to change. And since its a monthly transfer, I can't also leave minimal inside cos I only remember to transfer every few months. 

Nowadays also some people only have paylah. Not paynow. 

• Praise 1

i peasant so use posb...

luckily they still have multiplier account to give higher interest lah...not so bad

🙂

• Praise 1

31 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Actually uob now also getting crowded at the bank and queue at ATM. But ATM queue still lesser than posb la. Lol. I find uob ibanking not user friendly, still like posb/dbs ibanking.

• Praise 1

23 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Some things last time only can use posb/dbs. Example poems.

Ya lo, last time some companies only accept posb account to credit salary, so no choice but to open one posb account. Unlike now think no more restriction on the bank account to credit salary, most companies accept any bank.

• Praise 1

37 minutes ago, Spring said:

Indeed true, quite troublesome to change bank account for GIRO deduction lo. Esp lazy people like me. [laugh]

• Praise 1

5 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Ya lo, last time some companies only accept posb account to credit salary, so no choice but to open one posb account. Unlike now think no more restriction on the bank account to credit salary, most companies accept any bank.

And last time posb has the lowest minimum balance amount to maintain, good for students too. But now all banks are good and competitive

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3