Which bank offers the highest Fixed Deposit rates?

22 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

Thats why you are my Sifu!

steady ! I like

why bother running up & down for a miserable 1.6%-1.8% ... kai simi wan siao ... 

↡ Advertisement

11 hours ago, Wt_know said:

why bother running up & down for a miserable 1.6%-1.8% ... kai simi wan siao ... 

I was like that before kena retrenched.

every year lose $20-30k opportunity cost in interest becos i left my money just sitting somewhere with no return.  Too busy bohchup...

But now i am more attentive.

not crazy attentive but at least not losing $20k a year in lost interest.

16 hours ago, Throttle2 said:

Limited funds of course not worth but if got seven digits, you say worth or not leh? 

The only person i know who use MMF, is ironically the one who probably has 7 digits lying around...

I've not heard of anyone with  the usual 5-6 digits using MMF. Even people working in financial jobs. 
So Sifu indeed...

@Enye's mention of MMF is interesting, cos I've not heard anyone mention MMF for savings for very long time. In fact, it's been more than a decade since i even looked at MMF.

I'm not talking about bond funds which still has a significant risk. Even your bond ETFs like A35, MBH etc.

Lionglobal SGD money market SGD with 100mil fund size. These are the 3 yr returns.
1.62% 1 YR 
1.38%  2 YR
1.23% 3 YR

And this doesn't even include your expense ratio of 0.35%.
A cursory search on FSM shows comparable or even worse Expense ratios.

So where is this 1.6% actual return he's talking about? Probably something that mere mortals cannot access bah...  

Please enlighten. Thank you.

16 hours ago, Wt_know said:

Internet banking has certainly helped a lot of us peasants (those without relationship managers) ...

15 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

@Enye's mention of MMF is interesting, cos I've not heard anyone mention MMF for savings for very long time. In fact, it's been more than a decade since i even looked at MMF.

I'm not talking about bond funds which still has a significant risk. Even your bond ETFs like A35, MBH etc.

Lionglobal SGD money market SGD with 100mil fund size. These are the 3 yr returns.
1.62% 1 YR 
1.38%  2 YR
1.23% 3 YR

And this doesn't even include your expense ratio of 0.35%.
A cursory search on FSM shows comparable or even worse Expense ratios.

So where is this 1.6% actual return he's talking about? Probably something that mere mortals cannot access bah...  

Please enlighten. Thank you.

doc...1.62 is nav basis...net of expense ratio le

😀

• Praise 1

8 minutes ago, Enye said:

doc...1.62 is nav basis...net of expense ratio le

😀

Ok thanks. Long time since i dealt with funds.

But still don't see the point of using MMF even if u don't want to use the internet savings account with tiered/variable interest rates.
CIMB regular FD for 6 months is 1.7%, 1.8% for 12 months. And it's been holding around there +- 0.1% for the last year at least.
They auto renew for you also on promotional rates when it expires. And it can be setup online.

• Praise 1

1 minute ago, Lala81 said:

Ok thanks. Long time since i dealt with funds.

But still don't see the point of using MMF even if u don't want to use the internet savings account with tiered/variable interest rates.
CIMB regular FD for 6 months is 1.7%, 1.8% for 12 months. And it's been holding around there +- 0.1% for the last year at least.
They auto renew for you also on promotional rates when it expires. And it can be setup online.

earn a little less interest....but got immediate liquidity if any investment opportunities come up

🤗

• Praise 1

Just now, Enye said:

earn a little less interest....but got immediate liquidity if any investment opportunities come up

🤗

Err yeah. Whatever suits your convenience lah.

I use SCB to buy equities at times as well. And the e-saver means the funds are immediately there. Just need to fund the equities SGD account.
That's why these savings account are instantly deployable. And it's immediate, not even T+2/3.

Now u can buy stocks via FSMone also I guess. 

13 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Err yeah. Whatever suits your convenience lah.

I use SCB to buy equities at times as well. And the e-saver means the funds are immediately there. Just need to fund the equities SGD account.
That's why these savings account are instantly deployable. And it's immediate, not even T+2/3.

Now u can buy stocks via FSMone also I guess. 

so other than your e-saver account, other cash goes into fd musical chairs every few months?

😅

the 3-6-12 mths musical chair is for stash leh

immediate liquidity to buy full gold rolex got other accts ... lol

Edited by Wt_know

20 minutes ago, Enye said:

so other than your e-saver account, other cash goes into fd musical chairs every few months?

😅

I mostly use e-saver or maybank i-savvy. Musical chairs but with these types of savings account. 

5 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

the 3-6-12 mths musical chair is for stash leh

immediate liquidity to buy full gold rolex got other accts ... lol

I would put split the money and put 1/4 of the money for 12 mths. every 3 months since it isn't likely that i will need all the cash at 1 go.

If need, then borrow from sifu first.

5 minutes ago, Kusje said:

I would put split the money and put 1/4 of the money for 12 mths. every 3 months since it isn't likely that i will need all the cash at 1 go.

If need, then borrow from sifu first.

borrow 1 pillow can last for awhile liao ... lol

Edited by Wt_know

6 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

borrow 1 pillow can last for awhile liao ... lol

only keen for the money hidden in the pillow.

BTW, what the heck is MMF and how does it work? looks risky?

2 hours ago, Kusje said:

only keen for the money hidden in the pillow.

BTW, what the heck is MMF and how does it work? looks risky?

You dont know meh

i thought you are PM for one of the fund houses

😁

9 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

You dont know meh

i thought you are PM for one of the fund houses

😁

you thought only.

↡ Advertisement