Which bank offers the highest Fixed Deposit rates?

6 hours ago, Extremme said:

yes already applied and approved! 

well done , so ............. when u transferring some cash over to me ?  $5M ok ? 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 4

so, i didn't get much feedback from here and also didn't have much time to do research.

dumped my usd to fixed deposit at citibank where i already have an account. 1,8% for 3 mths.

Maybank isavvy 1.9% for incremental balance until end Feb 

Still beats any 6-12 Mo deposit out there. 

Edited by Lala81

11 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Maybank isavvy 1.9% for incremental balance until end Feb 

Still beats any 6-12 Mo deposit out there. 

Yes... just have 2 acct names and to move in and out every 2 months....

• Praise 2

17 minutes ago, Dleodleo said:

Any good rates for FD?   My FD is due today.

12 months. Doesn't include those banks like BKK or what.

CIMBSGD FD promotion (online)10,0009,999,9990121.8000%2-Jan-2020Fresh funds; 1-31 Jan

SingapuraFD promotion50,000149,9990121.7800%2-Jan-2020Fresh funds

ICBCSGD FD promotion20,0009,999,9990121.7000%13-Jan-2020Fresh funds

Edited by Lala81

13 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

12 months. Doesn't include those banks like BKK or what.

Thanks.   I'll take a look at Singapure Finance 1.78% cos CIMB I placed last month already.😉

• Praise 2

25 minutes ago, Dleodleo said:

Thanks.   I'll take a look at Singapure Finance 1.78% cos CIMB I placed last month already.😉

wah... place so many fds in so many different banks ah?

cny coming ...keep to bao ang pows lah

i ask my kids go your house 拜年

🤣

• Haha! 2

48 minutes ago, Dleodleo said:

Sing Finance if i recall correctly, gives u a cheque, not a cashier's order. I think similar to SBI if i recall correctly.

not my preferred place to put FD.

Edited by Lala81

12 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Sing Finance if i recall correctly, gives u a cheque, not a cashier's order. I think similar to SBI if i recall correctly.

not my preferred place to put FD.

Meaning they will issue cash cheque and not to my name and I need to pay $5 for the cheque?  

Edited by Dleodleo
  • Praise 1

33 minutes ago, Enye said:

wah... place so many fds in so many different banks ah?

cny coming ...keep to bao ang pows lah

i ask my kids go your house 拜年

🤣

🤣🤣🤣

• Praise 1

17 minutes ago, Dleodleo said:

Meaning they will issue cash cheque and not to my name and I need to pay $5 for the cheque?  

no it just means it's a cheque to your name. But when u switch your FD, the money transfer is not considered immediate until the cheque is cleared. So delay of 1-2 days lor. SBI also has this issue.

Some other banks is cashier's order. So the FD starts on that day itself u place the deposit. Minor issue.

• Praise 1

11 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

no it just means it's a cheque to your name. But when u switch your FD, the money transfer is not considered immediate until the cheque is cleared. So delay of 1-2 days lor. SBI also has this issue.

Some other banks is cashier's order. So the FD starts on that day itself u place the deposit. Minor issue.

Actually be it cheque or CO, if you deposit before 3pm; your bank should give you value same day but of course it will be on hold till 2pm next working day. I'm surprised to hear of banks discriminating between the 2 and this shouldn't be the way.

• Praise 4

17 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Oic.   Many banks like that also. 

So my FD will start on Monday instead of today if I place with them.

• Praise 2

27 minutes ago, Spring said:

Actually be it cheque or CO, if you deposit before 3pm; your bank should give you value same day but of course it will be on hold till 2pm next working day. I'm surprised to hear of banks discriminating between the 2 and this shouldn't be the way.

Usually placing FD is different from deposit into your own account.

IIRC, FD dates usually start only when funds confirmed. But it's bit hazy cos i did these all 3-4 years ago. At least in my limited experience,  getting a new FD via cashing in cheques from SBI or Sing Finance. 

↡ Advertisement