Which bank offers the highest Fixed Deposit rates?

6 hours ago, Throttle2 said:

Definitely true.

a large part of the reason is due to their culture, financial and tax system.

Leads people to spend more borrow more. And Be broke.

😅😁

YOLO is their motto,.

• Praise 3

3 hours ago, Spring said:

Prevailing rate is their normal rate, bonus is the extra rate given for this promo. So all in rate is 1.98% up to $1mil and still got lucky draw. And its online so no need to go down to bank. With deposit insurance of $75k per person, it's safe in my opinion.

wonder what is the interest rate after Apr if don't want to pay the early closure fee?

• S$30 early account closure fee, if the account is closed within 6 months of opening

how much is the monthly service fee?

• Waiver of monthly service fees for February, March and April 2020

Edited by Jp66

19 minutes ago, Jp66 said:

wonder what is the interest rate after Apr if don't want to pay the early closure fee?

• S$30 early account closure fee, if the account is closed within 6 months of opening

waaaaaaaaaaaa still got Monthly service Fee ? What they offer ? free massage ? 

😂

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 3

2 hours ago, Jp66 said:

This is the part that confused me too... Does it means the 1.98% only applied till Apr and after that is another different interest rate or this promo rate is valid from now till Apr? Maybe tomorrow I try call & ask...

• Praise 1

17 hours ago, Angcheek said:

You mean they still having this promo if you put in new funds ? 

SCB also having such similar scheme . Everytime they will adv such promo valid for 2 months (only) , then they will publish similar promo again after the cycle. 

So basically, it is very troublesome for us . I have to trsf money in and out. (Fresh fund meaning you got to withdraw the balance out at lease for 1 month)  So you skip 1 month and put in money again . 

Or you dont withdraw and just dump new funds in ... which means the old fund does not earn the Bonus INT. 

Stupid scheme if u ask me . 😂

yes as of now. if you are interested, just have to look out for the next promo series which i believe will start in march. so its an in out/in out process

Yes the mechanics is stupid 

10 hours ago, Spanly said:

This is the part that confused me too... Does it means the 1.98% only applied till Apr and after that is another different interest rate or this promo rate is valid from now till Apr? Maybe tomorrow I try call & ask...

Just called the bank... indeed this promo rate of 1.98% is only till Apr (meaning just for this 2+ mths) & will fall back to board rate from May onwards... so effectively not going to get the 1.98% for the entire 12 mths... 

Gonna give this a miss... 

• Praise 2

Anything can beat UOB One account for longer term yield? 

min monthly spending of $500 required though, but can also put that amount aside as form of force saving with the bank to meet the requirement for min sum spend on the One card.

4 minutes ago, Spanly said:

Just called the bank... indeed this promo rate of 1.98% is only till Apr (meaning just for this 2+ mths) & will fall back to board rate from May onwards... so effectively not going to get the 1.98% for the entire 12 mths... 

where is this 1.98% for 2 months?

2-months is all i want [laugh] 

42 minutes ago, Spanly said:

Yo. So this promo is put 200k in at 1.98% for 3 months, but after that need to maintain 1k to avoid minimum balance fee deduction for another 3 months before can close account right? 

Am I missing anything? Monthly service fee? 

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

21 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Yo. So this promo is put 200k in at 1.98% for 3 months, but after that need to maintain 1k to avoid minimum balance fee deduction for another 3 months before can close account right? 

Am I missing anything? Monthly service fee? 

Too much hassles ley. 

• Praise 2

6 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

Too much hassles ley. 

To me online bank account opening is easier. 

Of course there is some hassle involved. U want more interest u need to work for it right. 

Or just use cimb 12 month 1.75% lor. 

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 2

36 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

To me online bank account opening is easier. 

Of course there is some hassle involved. U want more interest u need to work for it right. 

Or just use cimb 12 month 1.75% lor. 

Isn’t still less than CIMB 6mths @1.7%? I got 1.7k for CIMB for $200k

put in HL for 6mths, the same $200k is $1641.25. 
hope I didn’t make any calculation errors as I just did it on paper. 
$990 for 200k@ 1.98 for 3mths

$25 for [email protected] for 3mths

$82.5 for [email protected] 

$543.5 for 150k @1.45

• Praise 1

12 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

Isn’t still less than CIMB 6mths @1.7%? I got 1.7k for CIMB for $200k

put in HL for 6mths, the same $200k is $1641.25. 
hope I didn’t make any calculation errors as I just did it on paper. 
$990 for 200k@ 1.98 for 3mths

$25 for [email protected] for 3mths

$82.5 for [email protected] 

$543.5 for 150k @1.45

Eh. Deposit 200k. Leave it in until 30th April. Withdraw the 199k, leave the 1k minimum balance and The 199k go find another of these online accounts. Lol

Edited by Lala81
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1