Which bank offers the highest Fixed Deposit rates?

12 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Eh. Deposit 200k. Leave it in until 30th April. Withdraw the 199k, leave the 1k minimum balance and The 199k go find another of these online accounts. Lol

Hahah. Assuming you put 199k in cimb for the next 3mths. You will get $1835.75. 
for $135.75 have to go to HL 3times a bit Bo Eng right? 
once to open account, 2nd to take out 199k and 3rd to close and take out the 1k. 
😅

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

3 hours ago, Robin said:

yes as of now. if you are interested, just have to look out for the next promo series which i believe will start in march. so its an in out/in out process

Yes the mechanics is stupid 

HL seldom give good promo if i rem correctly 

• Praise 4

57 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Eh. Deposit 200k. Leave it in until 30th April. Withdraw the 199k, leave the 1k minimum balance and The 199k go find another of these online accounts. Lol

Can lend me 199k ?😁

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

3 hours ago, Spanly said:

Just called the bank... indeed this promo rate of 1.98% is only till Apr (meaning just for this 2+ mths) & will fall back to board rate from May onwards... so effectively not going to get the 1.98% for the entire 12 mths... 

Gonna give this a miss... 

If any bank give that rate for 1 yr now ... i think that bnak got cashflow problem 😂😂😂

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Mkl22 said:

Hahah. Assuming you put 199k in cimb for the next 3mths. You will get $1835.75. 
for $135.75 have to go to HL 3times a bit Bo Eng right? 
once to open account, 2nd to take out 199k and 3rd to close and take out the 1k. 
😅

Bro online banking... Or else I won't bother. Yeah lah maybe the closing account need to go. Forgot about that. 

1 hour ago, Angcheek said:

HL seldom give good promo if i rem correctly 

thanks. reading the HL T&C.. so far seems quite ok 

->> SAVINGS (SGD) Minimum Balance Fee S$10 per month if average monthly balance is below S$1,000 Early Account Closure Fee S$30 (if account closed within 6 months) from account opening date

Edited by Robin

8 minutes ago, Robin said:

thanks. reading the HL T&C.. so far seems quite ok 

->> SAVINGS (SGD) Minimum Balance Fee S$10 per month if average monthly balance is below S$1,000 Early Account Closure Fee S$30 (if account closed within 6 months) from account opening date

Thats what happen to my SCB.......... i got 1k stuck in there . 😂 

This SCB really Super CB ..... make people in and out ....... where got time. 

I got a better way .... Go CIMB , do a 3mth-FD for every month or quarter . 

• Praise 4

2 minutes ago, Angcheek said:

Thats what happen to my SCB.......... i got 1k stuck in there . 😂 

This SCB really Super CB ..... make people in and out ....... where got time. 

I got a better way .... Go CIMB , do a 3mth-FD for every month or quarter . 

checked online.. 1.7% only for CIMB 3 mth FD rate... ☹️

1 hour ago, Enye said:

wah...all here chin chai chin chai also have spare 200k in bank account waiting to move into fd

sibeh rich

👍😱

Mai keke lah Sifu

$200k is already laughing stock by my standards.

by your standards, i darent even think....

9 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Yo. So this promo is put 200k in at 1.98% for 3 months, but after that need to maintain 1k to avoid minimum balance fee deduction for another 3 months before can close account right? 

Am I missing anything? Monthly service fee? 

You probably right... I didn't want to pursue further on all these t&c & fees after confirming only gonna to enjoy this 1.98 rate for less than 3 mths...

At the end, I just go back & renewed with BOC for another 12 mths at 1.7%... given the current interest rate situation, likely rates maybe dropping further and perhaps after Apr, all the rates could even drop to below 1.6%... so just make do with 1.7.

5 minutes ago, Spanly said:

Found this RHB also giving quite good rate at 1.8%

https://rhbgroup.com.sg/personal/deposits/fixed-deposit-campaign

But very few branches & none near my place so didn't go for it.

Very very slow processing time. If not online, I won't bother with rhb. Did it once and regretted. The placement took a while but probably not much more longer than other places. 

Actually lost my temper with the staff. I waited almost 35-40 mins to redeem the FD. And the branch was mostly empty. 

If not online nowadays, I won't bother. 

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

8 hours ago, Lala81 said:

in&out strategy ... lol [thumbsup] 

Edited by Wt_know

3 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Actually lost my temper with the staff. I waited almost 35-40 mins to redeem the FD. And the branch was mostly empty.

haha ... staff need 40mins to count your FD ar?

• Praise 1

16 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Very very slow processing time. If not online, I won't bother with rhb. Did it once and regretted. The placement took a while but probably not much more longer than other places. 

If not online nowadays, I won't bother. 

Put in very fast ... want to take out very hard 

😁

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 3

11 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

haha ... staff need 40mins to count your FD ar?

Nothing to do with amount.

I think it's the lepak one corner until probably someone fell asleep. The woman serving us was actually quite nice and chit chatting with my wife cos she also had kids etc... 

Sometimes waiting 20 mins in the slower banks is quite normal. But after 25-30mins I got really annoyed. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2