Which bank offers the highest Fixed Deposit rates?

16 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

This one ok leh.

1.55%pa for next 3 months. Fresh funds only. Capped at $200k. 

no issue leh

Fresh fund is a must for most banks. I tried them once many years ago, lots of fine print and unlike UOB, after FD maturity, must keep certain amount in the account paying almost nothing. 

And $200k is really kns for the trouble but for 1.55? Maybe lah.

↡ Advertisement

3 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

it’s trueeeeeee ….

DBS 2-yr fixed rate mortgage just went up 25 bp to 2.25% from 1.99%.

The local banks are still flushed but if global rates are up and SGD don't, that liquidity is going to dry up, we are a global financial centre, money in money out. 

I will be surprised if we were to decouple from US and global interest rates. It is a competition for yield out there.

• Shocked 1

42 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

Fresh fund is a must for most banks. I tried them once many years ago, lots of fine print and unlike UOB, after FD maturity, must keep certain amount in the account paying almost nothing. 

And $200k is really kns for the trouble but for 1.55? Maybe lah.

Yup the cap is always the pain point. Works out to be a box of cigars after 3mths for me. 
i’ll do it😄

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Mkl22 said:

some are saying the deposit rates might not go up in tandem as banks are flush with cash. dont really need to attract more. 😬 lets see

Confirm will go up in tandem as it already has.    But a 1:1 correlation, that one is left to be seen.   
banks being flushed with cash is bulls**t.  

• Praise 1

19 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

DBS 2-yr fixed rate mortgage just went up 25 bp to 2.25% from 1.99%.

The local banks are still flushed but if global rates are up and SGD don't, that liquidity is going to dry up, we are a global financial centre, money in money out. 

I will be surprised if we were to decouple from US and global interest rates. It is a competition for yield out there.

My loan not due for repricing for a few more months..... Well, maybe will switch to floating rates. 2.25% fixed not so attractive. 

• Praise 1

22 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

My loan not due for repricing for a few more months..... Well, maybe will switch to floating rates. 2.25% fixed not so attractive. 

I will take 2.25% fixed over floating but I am a fixed rate person. 2.25% is still below 2.5% OA. 

25 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

2.25% fixed for how long? 

Supersonic
4 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

some are saying the deposit rates might not go up in tandem as banks are flush with cash. dont really need to attract more. 😬 lets see

The bank guy told me otherwise. He said it will go up. Just monitor for the next 3 to 6 months...

Local banks are finally raising deposit rates to prepare for liquidity outflow to US and other countries 🙂

Hypersonic
7 minutes ago, awhtc said:

Local banks are finally raising deposit rates to prepare for liquidity outflow to US and other countries 🙂

Where? Who? 

7 hours ago, Flying_genie said:

image.thumb.png.a9ff525b9c10f176885669987c0ba3ed.png

Is this correct? Their website only showing this:                                                                                                                                                                                                                 image.thumb.png.fd136ebfa7124b4765a79b6e4c297cf5.png

Supersonic
8 minutes ago, Johnnylim said:

Is this correct? Their website only showing this:                                                                                                                                                                                                                 image.thumb.png.fd136ebfa7124b4765a79b6e4c297cf5.png

Yours is of lowest principle 20k..

53 minutes ago, Kopites said:

Yours is of lowest principle 20k..

Understand, but I can't find the above mentioned in their website.