Which bank offers the highest Fixed Deposit rates?

10 hours ago, Voodooman said:

Looks like rates have yet to peak and there is rooms to lock in some long term fixed income in the next 6 months. 

Awaiting T2 to pull trigger.

913760A5-C739-4907-8EBE-DF70D418E4B3.jpeg

For latest T bill got credited the payment last night ...... was about 2.85% for 6 months ( ok lah .... not bad)  

• Praise 8

On 8/6/2022 at 11:25 AM, Fitvip said:

The fall below amount is 1 K.

For 15 months tenor, there is no auto renewal on maturity.

We need to set aside another $1K for the savings account when we put money in FD?

12 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

We need to set aside another $1K for the savings account when we put money in FD?

Yes, when you open a savings account, you need to have the minimum balance amount of 1 K. Falling below that, the bank will charge a monthly account fee of 2 dollars. 

As long as you have the minimum balance, your acc is save. 

• Praise 1

2 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

Yes, when you open a savings account, you need to have the minimum balance amount of 1 K. Falling below that, the bank will charge a monthly account fee of 2 dollars. 

Thanks bro.

Wait for those straightforward type better. 😁

11 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

Or they can have your FD upfront interest credit concurrently with the opening of saving account. Timings issue. Mine was done this way. A month or two (couldn't remembered exactly) you can proceed to close the saving account and withdraw the interest out. 😁

Done it for a few FD deposits previously.  The downside I have lost track of one saving (passbook) with a few Ks of interest sitting there. Maybank didn't send any annual statement! I don't have Maybank app.

🤣

Edited by Kopites

17 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

Actually... I just checked my maybank isavvy and I savvy-Islamic accounts. Both didn't get deductions. Only have 500+ inside them for the last few years. I haven't used maybank fd for several years already. 

Maybe the fall below fee is lower for isavvy accounts. I remember reading something about this before. Cos I think my wife has a non I-savvy account. 

6 minutes ago, Kopites said:

Or they can have your FD upfront interest credit concurrently with the opening of saving account. Timings issue. Mine was done this way. A month or two (couldn't remembered exactly) you can proceed to close the saving account and withdraw the interest out. 😁

Done it for a few FD deposits previously.  The downside I have lost track of one saving (passbook) with a few Ks of interest sitting there. Maybank didn't send any annual statement! I don't have Maybank app.

🤣

Yes, I had this type before. Upfront crediting of interest in the savings acc. Since then, I have moved away from MB for some years liao. Now it offers better rates.

2 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Actually... I just checked my maybank isavvy and I savvy-Islamic accounts. Both didn't get deductions. Only have 500+ inside them for the last few years. I haven't used maybank fd for several years already. 

Maybe the fall below fee is lower for isavvy accounts. I remember reading something about this before. Cos I think my wife has a non I-savvy account. 

Mine is not isavvy. 

When I wanted to take out funds from my Savings acc, I asked the counter staff about the fall below amount and I was told 1 K. 

Ps. I notice POSB does not charge the monthly fee for seniors with fall below acc.

• Praise 1

16 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

Yes, I had this type before. Upfront crediting of interest in the savings acc. Since then, I have moved away from MB for some years liao. Now it offers better rates.

I doubt Maybank is the highest now. BOC should be the higher now. 

28 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Iirc. Few banks require u to have savings account for FD. ICBC also has. 

My wife has the ICBC. 👍

She use it for taobao. According to her better rate. Don't ask me how but she claimed so. 

We have the joint FD cum joint saving. What I have noticed icbc if not the best in term of security than should be one of the top few! Firstly, the app default keyboard always changes position. Not the traditional keyboard position. Required super long keyword till on many occasions it logged me out. Need wife to save me. 😁

Also even 0.01cents transaction it would alert with text message. Annoying but good I reckon. 

Anyway last check for August their rate isn't the highest now. 🤔

Edited by Kopites

A check discloses this. I am confused by the highlighted below.

Minimum Balance Fee

Resident
(Singapore NRIC Holder)S$2 per month if average daily balance falls below:

S$1,000 (for Savings Account and Savings Account-i)

S$200 for Regular (Savings Account-i) 

13 minutes ago, Kopites said:

My wife has the ICBC. 👍

She use it for taobao. According to her better rate. Don't ask me how but she claimed so. 

We have the joint FD cum joint saving. What I have noticed icbc if not the best in term of security than should be one of the top few! Firstly, the app default keyboard always changes position. Not the traditional keyboard position. Required super long keyword till on many occasions it logged me out. Need wife to save me. 😁

Also even 0.01cents transaction it would alert with text message. Annoying but good I reckon. 

Anyway last check for August their rate isn't the highest now. 🤔

ICBC is damn annoying their IB. I had to write down instructions on how to use it. Fast transfer is 10k each time. The verification code is like 12 digits/character. Wtf. And u have to type in fast enough. 

• Haha! 2

14 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

ICBC is damn annoying their IB. I had to write down instructions on how to use it. Fast transfer is 10k each time. The verification code is like 12 digits/character. Wtf. And u have to type in fast enough. 

wah … $250K means have to do 25 times? 

asking for T2 only … lol

↡ Advertisement