Which bank offers the highest Fixed Deposit rates?

5 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

It is the same for everyone who are allocated at 3.32%.

Don't ask me about the maths. It is on discounted basis and a little complicated to calculate.

https://www.mas.gov.sg/bonds-and-bills/auctions-and-issuance-calendar/Auction-T-bill?issue_code=BS22118H&issue_date=2022-09-20

03413ACA-AC7A-447D-B4FE-4BC138D36211.jpeg

There are online calculator

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, Mkl22 said:

Like the rest said… banks take your FD and put into T-bills. Minimal effort for some pocket money for the bank.

happy with your 1st time ang Bao? 🤣

Take banks equity loan mortgage at 2.75% and put into treasury.....they can we also can! 

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, BanCoe said:

Check your POSB or DBS account or other Bank account ; i just recieved about (agak agak) maybe 1 hour or so back 

Again my won't get credited so soon. 🤔

Anyway the October 12 months will be very interesting. The July 12 month t Bill was 3.1% so coming October surely will be higher. My guess 3.4 to 3.5 for 12 MTHS. 😁

• Praise 2

6 minutes ago, Starry said:

Wah I only know SSB, dunno T-bills.  But this one got any allocation limit? Or put any amount also can get?

Lai lai bro come n join in the fun, i also just lose my t bill virginity last night... wahaha.

I think limit is 1M n yes u can put in any amount as long as u have the moola in ur account.

Later u put le also must kum siah @Voodooman, he is the 1 who started this trend, at least in mcf lah.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

1 minute ago, Cheesey74 said:

Lai lai bro come n join in the fun, i also just lose my t bill virginity last night... wahaha.

I think limit is 1M n yes u can put in any amount as long as u have the moola in ur account.

Later u put le also must kum siah @Voodooman, he is the 1 who started this trend, at least in mcf lah.

Haha ok thanks bro.  Appreciate it. 👍

• Praise 2

Is there a pictorial guide? I read the MAS portal until I see shining stars🤩 instead of 🤑

Is it I go ATM press press buttons and choose bt competitive or "leisure" then place the desired amount and then go home wait for the lottery result liddat? 😁 

Why cannot do over digital banking and must use bank portal huh? So mah fun for ole skool plantmanytree peeps...😅

• Haha! 1

47 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

Is there a pictorial guide? I read the MAS portal until I see shining stars🤩 instead of 🤑

Is it I go ATM press press buttons and choose bt competitive or "leisure" then place the desired amount and then go home wait for the lottery result liddat? 😁 

Why cannot do over digital banking and must use bank portal huh? So mah fun for ole skool plantmanytree peeps...😅

Digibank can bro. OCBC, UOB, DBS.

• Praise 2

55 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

This link has some pics on how to buy using iBanking.

https://investmentmoats.com/saving-and-investing-my-money/buy-singapore-treasury-bills-t-bills-sgs-bonds/

• Praise 2

10 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Digibank can bro. OCBC, UOB, DBS.

Just found it...was looking for the T word...hidden under apply SRS 😅

Edited by mersaylee
  • Praise 2

Tbill is good but must make sure you won't be needing those sum at least for the next 6months. Is very hard to trade your thill in secondary market. 

You do need to has a CDP account link to your banking app. You can use cash through the app, machine or OA/SA to be submit over the counter. 

For my case I got my pb to do it for me. 

Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 2

3 hours ago, Kopites said:

Again my won't get credited so soon. 🤔

Anyway the October 12 months will be very interesting. The July 12 month t Bill was 3.1% so coming October surely will be higher. My guess 3.4 to 3.5 for 12 MTHS. 😁

Yours Swiss Bank lah …..will take T+2 days extra 🤓🤓

• Haha! 4

Only in China I reckon won't affect local branch here. 🤔 I have existing FD with icbc. Doubt will deposit new sum anytimes soon. 

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/business/big-chinese-state-owned-banks-cut-personal-deposit-rates-2939636

Five of China's largest banks cut personal deposit rates from Thursday, according to information available on the lenders' mobile apps, a move that could ease the pressure on their margins after recent lending rate cuts to revive the economy.

The banks, including Industrial and Commercial Bank of China Ltd (ICBC), the world's largest bank by asset, cut the interest rate for three-year term deposits by 15 basis points, the information showed.

• Praise 2

On 9/17/2022 at 11:22 PM, Wt_know said:

after FOMC meeting, no 3% no talk ... [sly] 

2022-09-17_232114.png

Looks quite pathethic dunno if it will even be undersuscribed??.......... but there will be suscribers around , closing in a few days time 

image.png.a267d848fbccfca6904b3f6016f237ea.png

↡ Advertisement