Which bank offers the highest Fixed Deposit rates?

10 minutes ago, BanCoe said:

Here comes 0.75 …… 4% in the works 

In JP last answer at the presser...he said "IF we get to that (restrictive 4.6) level...which I think is likely..." 

Peeps on mortgage loan...brace yourself...peeps looking at T yields...huat AH! 😁

• Haha! 1

29 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

In JP last answer at the presser...he said "IF we get to that (restrictive 4.6) level...which I think is likely..." 

Peeps on mortgage loan...brace yourself...peeps looking at T yields...huat AH! 😁

CPF still stay 4%🤬…….heard on CNA till 2023

18 minutes ago, BanCoe said:

It’s liddat one lah…one side up up up…the other end stay stay stay…elites HuAt HuAt HuAt…peasants scold scold scold…😁

• Haha! 2

21 minutes ago, mikk123 said:

peeps on the car loan too.....COE goes up all the way

Yes…but this one not so painful…easy to offload…those “gurus” advocate to “educate” goondus  are…😅

1 hour ago, BanCoe said:

Yes. I did said under cpf thread. They need to strike a balance between those cpf rate and hdb mortgage rate. Increase 2.5 literally meant many will be assuming highest mortgage rate. That would impact the property market as well. 

Hmmm abit of empathy to those still trying to get their first home.

ok console you.

Wait another two more week in early October. The 12 months tbill issued in July was 3.1. 😁 October 12 months likely to be above that rate. 

Go for it. 12 months surely better than any of those 12 months fixed deposit.

Anyway you can also use the OA to invest in tbill if you know the process. Slightly different from cash though. Minimum 20k retain in OA. The rest can use it for 12 months tbill.  

Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 2

1 hour ago, mersaylee said:

Just locked in 2.75% mortgage refinancing for next 3 years..... 😅

No scared.... 

• Praise 3

15 minutes ago, Kopites said:

Yes. I did said under cpf thread. They need to strike a balance between those cpf rate and hdb mortgage rate. Increase 2.5 literally meant many will be assuming highest mortgage rate. That would impact the property market as well. 

Hmmm abit of empathy to those still trying to get their first home.

ok console you.

Wait another two more week in early October. The 12 months tbill issued in July was 3.1. 😁 October 12 months likely to be above that rate. 

Go for it. 12 months surely better than any of those 12 months fixed deposit.

Anyway you can also use the OA to invest in tbill if you know the process. Slightly different from cash though. Minimum 20k retain in OA. The rest can use it for 12 months tbill.  

tks for the info.... I didnt know that OA after 20k can be utilized for T bills ;   So must log from CPF account izzit; Hmm gotta look into this aspect as normal POSB Banking only allows SRS option; might do it if it nears 4% ;     

• Praise 1

20 minutes ago, BanCoe said:

tks for the info.... I didnt know that OA after 20k can be utilized for T bills ;   So must log from CPF account izzit; Hmm gotta look into this aspect as normal POSB Banking only allows SRS option; might do it if it nears 4% ;     

https://mothership.sg/2022/09/cpf-hdb-interest-rate/

Devil in the details. 

News article keep stressing 4% SA, MA. Ok fine leave the SA untouch then. How about the OA. CPF announced rate unchange till end of 2023. The timing just about right for the upcoming 12 Tbill in early October. mature in Oct 2023. Those savvy would know to earn above 2.5 is to invest their OA in tbill(MAS won't go burst!😁).  

my views only. 

Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 4

18 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Just locked in 2.75% mortgage refinancing for next 3 years..... 😅

No scared.... 

Smart move...siam first...lust one standing mati first...😁

• Haha! 1

4 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

CDP?

I checked CDP like cannot find leh.. jialat.. hopefully not MIA..

I can see my SSB in CDP though

Edited by Tkseah

40 minutes ago, Tkseah said:

you applied thru" DBS izzit ;DBS send me hard copy confirmation already 4 days back on Friday and CDP also got ; I only applied $15k so they put in the unit in CDP as

150 .... this is online one as now CDP also dont send hard copy no more also 

image.png

Edited by BanCoe
  • Praise 4

1 hour ago, Tkseah said:

Shifus, where can I see the holdings of T-Bills that I bought?

It is there. But u will see it under your detailed investments. It shows as the t bill specific code and 1 unit for every $100 holdings. It doesn't appear in your portfolio or what. 

Can't share my screen shot as I just migrated phone. 

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 2

55 minutes ago, Tkseah said:

You bought with cash or cpf? Cpf ones will not be reflected in CDP.