Which bank offers the highest Fixed Deposit rates?

2 hours ago, Lala81 said:

It is there. But u will see it under your detailed investments. It shows as the t bill specific code and 1 unit for every $100 holdings. It doesn't appear in your portfolio or what. 

Can't share my screen shot as I just migrated phone. 

CDP can improve on this. took me quite a bit of time to look for it too.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

39 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

CDP can improve on this. took me quite a bit of time to look for it too.

Not difficult at all!🤔

Spoon feed you.🤔

--------

Step 1: Log in to your Portfolio (CDP Internet) using Singpass (for Singaporeans/Permanent Residents/Singapore Work Pass Holders1) or CDP Internet User ID2 (for Foreigners/Corporates) on SGX Investor Portal or via SGX Mobile app.

Step 2: Once you are logged in, click on "View Details" on Portfolio.

Step 3: Click on "E-Statements" (top right tab) to access account statements and notifications.

Step 4: Click on selected account statements and notifications to view or download.

4 hours ago, Tkseah said:

I checked CDP like cannot find leh.. jialat.. hopefully not MIA..

I can see my SSB in CDP though

T + 3 to view your tbill transact details. 

-----------------

You may log in to CDP Internet after the 4th business day of the month to view the e-statement of the previous month, and after 3 trading days to view CDP notifications if you have any holdings and/or transactions.

2 hours ago, Kopites said:

Not difficult at all!🤔

Spoon feed you.🤔

--------

Step 1: Log in to your Portfolio (CDP Internet) using Singpass (for Singaporeans/Permanent Residents/Singapore Work Pass Holders1) or CDP Internet User ID2 (for Foreigners/Corporates) on SGX Investor Portal or via SGX Mobile app.

Step 2: Once you are logged in, click on "View Details" on Portfolio.

Step 3: Click on "E-Statements" (top right tab) to access account statements and notifications.

Step 4: Click on selected account statements and notifications to view or download.

would be good if the interest and the due date can also be shown in the CDP account portfolio page and not refer to the statements.

thats the purpose of gathering all the holdings in one location in CDP.

• Praise 2

7 hours ago, TangoCharlie said:

You bought with cash or cpf? Cpf ones will not be reflected in CDP. 

Me use cash.. think I found some mention of units in CDP..

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

Everyone only using cash so far? Think the rate is high enough to start using cpf oa. 

Waiting for someone to do it and share. Since it can't be done online, there might be waiting/ holding period whereby the money is debited but not earning interest.  That may lower the overall effective rate.

• Praise 1

2 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

Waiting for someone to do it and share. Since it can't be done online, there might be waiting/ holding period whereby the money is debited but not earning interest.  That may lower the overall effective rate.

Oh can't do online. Oh yeah I read need to take leave if want to do SA shielding. Lol. OK abandon idea lol. 

• Praise 1

25 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Oh can't do online. Oh yeah I read need to take leave if want to do SA shielding. Lol. OK abandon idea lol. 

Can only be done over ther counter. Fill up a simple form, info similar to those doing it using app.  

DBS will print out the hardcopy of the certificate. While OCBC sighting will do. Can be done by logging into cpf website to extract the certificate (cpf investment questionairs: SAQ) with time and date stamp. 

main point is the cutting off timing. Different bank with different cut off times. 

Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 3

21 minutes ago, TangoCharlie said:

Who angmo good please write in to MAS... Still need form when so many services have gone online. 🙏

If I remembered correctly the hardcopy application with the bank is more to do with cpf board than the mas. 

I have already given up using CPF for investment purposes. 😁

• Haha! 1

15 minutes ago, Kopites said:

If I remembered correctly the hardcopy application with the bank is more to do with cpf board than the mas. 

I have already given up using CPF for investment purposes. 😁

If shares can be bought using CPF online, wonder what reason other than interest rate was super low in the past. Now situation has changed, CPF board or whichever agency should move to address this issue. 

1 hour ago, TangoCharlie said:

Who angmo good please write in to MAS... Still need form when so many services have gone online. 🙏

Slowly it will be fully online...still too many silver gens not tech or investment savvy...garment needs to protect their retirement assets from any misguided fund out...which in a way also protect theirs when retire from office...😁

• Praise 3

49 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

Slowly it will be fully online...still too many silver gens not tech or investment savvy...garment needs to protect their retirement assets from any misguided fund out...which in a way also protect theirs when retire from office...😁

Go banks more dangerous.... They used to sell minibonds, single premium insurance.... 🤣

• Haha! 2

1 hour ago, TangoCharlie said:

If shares can be bought using CPF online, wonder what reason other than interest rate was super low in the past. Now situation has changed, CPF board or whichever agency should move to address this issue. 

To certain extent yes thua the SAQ come into play. 

Cpf still need to take into consideration those not IT, investment savvy members. 

Anyway, currently SA still giving out 4%. The margin between OA 2.5 and Bill/bond/FA etc still insignificant to warrant a mass withdrawal of OA yet.  

2 cents. Continue to play with cash rather. 

2 hours ago, TangoCharlie said:

Go banks more dangerous.... They used to sell minibonds, single premium insurance.... 🤣

This happened to me. Sometime around 2007 or 08, I visited a local bank branch to apply for t bills. There was no online app then, you have to go down personally to apply. Since for tbils/sgs, banks earn $0 and they had to do some work, the staff naturally tried to persuade you to invest in other things which they can earn comm. And minibonds were hot on the menu at that time. But I already did my homework and i knew then that those bonds were unfairly structured for consumers and I had zero interest in them. So I already mentally fixed to just get the t bills or nothing. The staff persuaded me for a long time and finally gave up and did the t bills for me. I even had to remind them that MAS required them to perform the task for customers.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4
  • Haha! 3