Which bank offers the highest Fixed Deposit rates?

8 minutes ago, Columbian78 said:

This happened to me. Sometime around 2007 or 08, I visited a local bank branch to apply for t bills. There was no online app then, you have to go down personally to apply. Since for tbils/sgs, banks earn $0 and they had to do some work, the staff naturally tried to persuade you to invest in other things which they can earn comm. And minibonds were hot on the menu at that time. But I already did my homework and i knew then that those bonds were unfairly structured for consumers and I had zero interest in them. So I already mentally fixed to just get the t bills or nothing. The staff persuaded me for a long time and finally gave up and did the t bills for me. I even had to remind them that MAS required them to perform the task for customers.

I used to buy T bill via DBS. They never try to sell me other products.

As I usually go to Suntec branch, only 1 staff knows how to do the transaction.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

9 minutes ago, Columbian78 said:

This happened to me. Sometime around 2007 or 08, I visited a local bank branch to apply for t bills. There was no online app then, you have to go down personally to apply. Since for tbils/sgs, banks earn $0 and they had to do some work, the staff naturally tried to persuade you to invest in other things which they can earn comm. And minibonds were hot on the menu at that time. But I already did my homework and i knew then that those bonds were unfairly structured for consumers and I had zero interest in them. So I already mentally fixed to just get the t bills or nothing. The staff persuaded me for a long time and finally gave up and did the t bills for me. I even had to remind them that MAS required them to perform the task for customers.

agree. suffered thru the same shit when i place FD long time ago. Staff Black faced after repeated telling him to please just process the FD only, not interested to buy or hear anything else. I almost wanted to get up and say "KNN, Lim Peh says FD and FD only, cannot understand is it?"🤣

Thus T-Bills online is the best!

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

3 hours ago, AndrewLee72 said:

Asking Experts here : Do you think come October - Banks F.D Interest will go up ? Eg now UOB is P.A 2.6% ! Many people chiong go in give $$ !

Wait for 3%

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, AndrewLee72 said:

Asking Experts here : Do you think come October - Banks F.D Interest will go up ? Eg now UOB is P.A 2.6% ! Many people chiong go in give $$ !

1 day sgd also 2.05 or 2.15 now.....if SGD rates doesn't go up to catch up with USD rates, then sgd will depreciate against USD which will not be what MAS wants to fight inflation. 

US rates likely another 0.75 in early Nov. 

• Praise 2

56 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

I used to buy T bill via DBS. They never try to sell me other products.

As I usually go to Suntec branch, only 1 staff knows how to do the transaction.

I thot you were like me...pull a face longer than a horse...they see oredi also very tu beh lan...quickly get it over and done with me and the horse face...😁

• Haha! 3

27 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

I thot you were like me...pull a face longer than a horse...they see oredi also very tu beh lan...quickly get it over and done with me and the horse face...😁

and wanna redeem FD, like waiting for coffin $$$ liddat...

• Haha! 4

46 minutes ago, RadX said:

and wanna redeem FD, like waiting for coffin $$$ liddat...

Tell me about it...ever kena from one chio one who gave me a buay song face when I asked for an envelop...i was like...hello...just an envelop not a date...oh wait 🤔 ...maybe she was expecting a date...😁

• Haha! 3

3 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

Tell me about it...ever kena from one chio one who gave me a buay song face when I asked for an envelop...i was like...hello...just an envelop not a date...oh wait 🤔 ...maybe she was expecting a date...😁

I have no such problem when at the counter. 😁

I suspect either your principle sum too small or your appearances leave much to be desired. 

🤣🤣🤣

• Haha! 2

6 minutes ago, Kopites said:

I have no such problem when at the counter. 😁

I suspect either your principle sum too small or your appearances leave much to be desired. 

🤣🤣🤣

Consperm spot on, on both...😂

• Haha! 1

6 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

Hoot liao ber?

Bo la…where got so much cash to hoot?

Ask my wife to hoot a bit.

You hoot? 😁

Edited by Fcw75

Why is everyone buying T bills when interest rates is rising?

:D

What happens to Treasuries when interest rates rise?

The bonds will fall in price because they're adjusting to higher interest rates. 

Edited by Jamesc