Which bank offers the highest Fixed Deposit rates?

1 minute ago, Volvobrick said:

😮 The real investment guru!

The problem is I dun have a huge war chest for me to draw from...all from my own puny savings...:-((

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

14 hours ago, BanCoe said:

What’s mmf?? 

@BanCoe 

I bet u must be thinking .... is it new MILF difinition that you not aware of...

On a more serious note, was trying to avoid queing for 3 hours. I saw on the Mobile App. Only requirement for OCBC is MUST be 18 years old and above and Singaporean or Foreigner with Valid Pass.

While I do acknowledge that Singapore is what it is with the highly regulated way of preventing Money Laundry, dispite what KDrama show in the little woman, the way OCBC left out is you MUST have a Fixed deposit account in order for you to have a Fixed Deposit in the Bank.

What a nice way to keep the retail banking space as it is . No wonder the cost for retail is kept so high. LOL

42E20A9F-9D1B-42FD-9665-201100AC63E9.png

4AA17F0C-F841-491D-9DE2-0736A6550F46.png

Edited by Sdf4786k

1 hour ago, Sdf4786k said:

@BanCoe 

I bet u must be thinking .... is it new MILF difinition that you not aware of...

On a more serious note, was trying to avoid queing for 3 hours. I saw on the Mobile App. Only requirement for OCBC is MUST be 18 years old and above and Singaporean or Foreigner with Valid Pass.

While I do acknowledge that Singapore is what it is with the highly regulated way of preventing Money Laundry, dispite what KDrama show in the little woman, the way OCBC left out is you MUST have a Fixed deposit account in order for you to have a Fixed Deposit in the Bank.

What a nice way to keep the retail banking space as it is . No wonder the cost for retail is kept so high. LOL

Just now, BanCoe said:
1 hour ago, Sdf4786k said:

@BanCoe 

Expand  

@TangoCharlie I have no idea of how MMF works ….. maybe anyone with experience can share share this info ….. or is it just mutual funds ??

5 hours ago, Spidey10 said:

dun have account with Maybank...unfortuntaely!!

Should I sell my shares now and place in FD?? i bought my shares when STI was 2300 points.....hhhmmmm....good proposition boh?

Wah bro bought at 2300, u huat till dun recognize ur home ah... wahaha 🤩!

• Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Wt_know said:

Citibank 4.5% for 2 months !!!

besteresttttttttt

2FE5D2F8-ABBF-4828-8C64-C1CB6500FBD5.jpeg

4.5% for 2 months?  If no catch, its weird for a bank to be willing to pay so much better than its competitors.   😓😓😓😓😓😓😓😓

11 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

4.5% for 2 months?  If no catch, its weird for a bank to be willing to pay so much better than its competitors.   😓😓😓😓😓😓😓😓

RMB .... :grin:

Edited by Wt_know

2 hours ago, Wt_know said:

Citibank 4.5% for 2 months !!!

besteresttttttttt

2FE5D2F8-ABBF-4828-8C64-C1CB6500FBD5.jpeg

image.png.bb74e60c77ba51bfab574dc5d09a5bf1.png

seem to be some investment component, a bit dodgy. Later after 2mth cannot get back the initial investment

• Praise 2

30 minutes ago, Ghgan said:

image.png.bb74e60c77ba51bfab574dc5d09a5bf1.png

seem to be some investment component, a bit dodgy. Later after 2mth cannot get back the initial investment

2 month of interest is 2/12 x 4.5% = 0.75%. Sales charge 1%. So net loss 0.25%?

Mai lah mai lah! 

• Haha! 1

12 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

2 month of interest is 2/12 x 4.5% = 0.75%. Sales charge 1%. So net loss 0.25%?

Mai lah mai lah! 

must be Citigold Private Client (with $1.5M AUM) or Citigold (with $250K AUM) ... [laugh] 

Edited by Wt_know

15 hours ago, Cheesey74 said:

Wah bro bought at 2300, u huat till dun recognize ur home ah... wahaha 🤩!

hahah....can recognize lah! but this is the opportunity ler...pple sell and sell...that is the time to buy!!

after buying, dun look already....go away and leave it there...

• Haha! 1