Which bank offers the highest Fixed Deposit rates?

13 minutes ago, Enye said:

deposit into my pocket. 

i pay above market rate....1.15% per annum

ai mai?

🤣

Deposit under your pillow is it? 🤣

Aiyo!  I did a search just  now and found that all rates are below 1%!  A far cry from what we used to enjoy few months ago!

D

Edited by Dleodleo
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Dleodleo said:

Aiyo!  I did a search just  now and found that all rates are below 1%!  A far cry from what we used to enjoy few months ago!

D

Only Sing Finance gives 1% for 12 months.

If my fd matures now, I'll go for Maybank's 36 months @2.05%.

• Praise 1

10 hours ago, Dleodleo said:

D

Mai luan luan deposit ah :grin:

• Haha! 3

On 8/6/2020 at 1:35 PM, Fitvip said:

Only Sing Finance gives 1% for 12 months.

If my fd matures now, I'll go for Maybank's 36 months @2.05%.

I callled Sing Investment & Finance this morning as I hve a FD that matured earlier this month. They gave auto renewal rate of 0.8%.  Normally one would get a higher rate if go there personally to renew.

Now it has gone down to 0.75% for 12 mths. 

Edited by TameDriver

32 minutes ago, TameDriver said:

I callled Sing Investment & Finance this morning as I hve a FD that matured earlier this month. They gave auto renewal rate of 0.8%.  Normally one would get a higher rate if go there personally to renew.

Yes, that is their practice. They will auto roll over at their board rate. Customers can go to the bank one day before maturity to give instruction for renewal and enjoy the higher rate.

In your case, just go to the bank, they will close the auto renewed acc and open another one with the preferred rate from  current date. You only lose out on the few days' interest which you can make back with the preferred rate.

Sing Finance's fd rate for senior citizens is still 1% for 12 months.

Edited by Fitvip
  • Praise 1

18 hours ago, TameDriver said:

TOP up cpf :grin:

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

17 hours ago, Fitvip said:

Yes, that is their practice. They will auto roll over at their board rate. Customers can go to the bank one day before maturity to give instruction for renewal and enjoy the higher rate.

In your case, just go to the bank, they will close the auto renewed acc and open another one with the preferred rate from  current date. You only lose out on the few days' interest which you can make back with the preferred rate.

Sing Finance's fd rate for senior citizens is still 1% for 12 months.

@Angcheek  dis is for U (BankCoe recommendation) 🤣 

• Haha! 2

On 8/3/2020 at 1:49 PM, Throttle2 said:

Just transfer cash in. 

But make sure that you wont need that cash becos you cant see it till 55 and only if your SA is at least at minimum requirement.

Those people with spare money should do it.   In fact, i made several cash transfers in the last few months.

its worth it considering no effort really

There is a limit to the amount one can transfer from OA to SA. The system stated max 22k plus ONLY for my case. 

Damn it.

I was thinking along the line of 150k from OA to SA so as to earn abit of higher interest since bank interest so low. Retirement use anyway.

Done with the 22k plus transfer. 

Probably should put in cash into the OA. Sigh.

Edited by Kopites

Just read the cpf tnc. No cash top up provision into the OA. Only to the SA. And there is a cap as well.

Wrong move. I should has use the cash to top up SA and not from the OA. 

20 hours ago, Angcheek said:

I qualified for senior citizen already arh .............. 😂

Super Senior...

Sori sori sori... 那个那个那个... Unker Unker Unker... 

• Haha! 1

On 8/20/2020 at 1:17 AM, Kopites said:

Just read the cpf tnc. No cash top up provision into the OA. Only to the SA. And there is a cap as well.

Wrong move. I should has use the cash to top up SA and not from the OA. 

Can top up with cash (max about 38k per year if you have no other contributions). It just gets deposited into OA, SA, MA (if that's not max out). I did it a few months ago. Will do again on 1st Jan. 

• Praise 2

26 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

Just placed with UOB high yield 3mths 0.65%pa

Hai......

I just continue with Maybank iSavvy. 0.7% last 2 months. Maybe next month will drop. 

• Praise 1

38 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Can top up with cash (max about 38k per year if you have no other contributions). It just gets deposited into OA, SA, MA (if that's not max out). I did it a few months ago. Will do again on 1st Jan. 

Is there any cap on the SA which fetch the higher rate?

Apparently the system quote me the max figure I can transfer into SA which I have already done so.

I read from cpf website no provision for topping up "only" OA. Can do so for all acc.

Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 1

2 hours ago, Kopites said:

Is there any cap on the SA which fetch the higher rate?

Apparently the system quote me the max figure I can transfer into SA which I have already done so.

I read from cpf website no provision for topping up "only" OA. Can do so for all acc.

All I know max per year is about 38k. It gets auto allocated to the various accounts. In my case some went into MA cos that's not at max. The rest into SA and OA. 

If I could I would put all in SA for higher rates, but already hit retirement sum, so cannot do that. 

Edited by Volvobrick

15 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

All I know max per year is about 38k. It gets auto allocated to the various accounts. In my case some went into MA cos that's not at max. The rest into SA and OA. 

If I could I would put all in SA for higher rates, but already hit retirement sum, so cannot do that. 

I read MA max is 48.5k

I already got this limit. 

SA got 180k also limit by cpf cap. Figure allowed for me base on the online platform.

Does it mean to top up now it will solely go OA? 

2 minutes ago, Kopites said:

I read MA max is 48.5k

I already got this limit. 

SA got 180k also limit by cpf cap. Figure allowed for me base on the online platform.

Does it mean to top up now it will solely go OA? 

Some will still go into SA. 

But if you are still working and contributes monthly (assuming max contribution already) then cannot top up (they will refund you without interest at the end of the year). 

Edited by Volvobrick
↡ Advertisement