Which bank offers the highest Fixed Deposit rates?

1 hour ago, Kopites said:

Apologies.

Got it increase to 0.65 their offered best rate instead of the board 0.6. 

Sigh...0.05 better than nothing. 

Dont sigh, you have a good problem,  i have to nego with bank for lower loan rate 😆😆

But on a serious note, that may be also why property price kept going up. Instead of allowing  money to rot in the bank, might as well buy a property and rent out  to get better return than FD.

Edited by Ct3833
↡ Advertisement
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Kopites said:

Apologies.

Got it increase to 0.65 their offered best rate instead of the board 0.6. 

Sigh...0.05 better than nothing. 

For how long? Don't lock in for long tenure. 10 years US Treasury is at 1.75% pa now, deposit rate will be going up soon.

Anyway, why put with banks when you can put in very low risk short term bond and or money market funds paying 0.7-1%pa? 

1 hour ago, Voodooman said:

For how long? Don't lock in for long tenure. 10 years US Treasury is at 1.75% pa now, deposit rate will be going up soon.

Anyway, why put with banks when you can put in very low risk short term bond and or money market funds paying 0.7-1%pa? 

Thanks.

12mths not too long.  

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Voodooman said:

can put with Great Eastern Life.....2 years 1.2% (Min $10k) and if no withdrawal of interest its slightly more........( just go into the website and place it on line ) quite sysmtematic and uses Singpass  

Edited by BanCoe

8 minutes ago, BanCoe said:

can put with Great Eastern Life.....2 years 1.2% (Min $10k) and if no withdrawal of interest its slightly more........( just go into the website and place it on line ) quite sysmtematic and uses Singpass  

Chey $10k😂

• Haha! 1

22 minutes ago, RadX said:

Chey $10k😂

Haolian lah you ! 🤣........ come to BankCOE minimum $1Million (give you guaranteed free Limo service to Airport / Lounges)......... also give you $1K credit card rebate for every successful customer intro ; Interest guaranteed hor    

• Haha! 1

57 minutes ago, BanCoe said:

Thanks for sharing, 2 years is an eternity for me. 

1 hour ago, BanCoe said:

Radx don't want I want. 

Min 10k? 

Ok next month then. This month no more budget. 

Edited by Kopites

18 hours ago, Kopites said:

Radx don't want I want. 

Min 10k? 

Ok next month then. This month no more budget. 

Yeap -10k - they work like IPO …… once the tranche amount is reached they close it as it’s back to back lending to some institutions ( I’m not familiar exactly how it works ) 

PS …… Radx dunch have 10k only $9.9k 🤣🤣

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

nabei ... 0.5% rate ... how much must put in FD to support chai fan 3 meals a day ? lol

Edited by Wt_know
  • Haha! 1

I can't even be bothered to chase FD with such rates. 

Lucky my wife still has some SSB, and i also have some with decent rates.

23 hours ago, BanCoe said:
On 1/15/2022 at 5:02 PM, BanCoe said:

Rather just leave it in cash then to be locked up a yr.  2 yrs is mad.

anyway i get 0.55%pa no lock up for my cash sitting in UOB.  

at least have ample bullets to take the market….dont use for the sake of using.  

• Praise 1

11 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

Same… for now at least

4 hours ago, Throttle2 said:

Which type of savings account is this with UOB ?? any catch ?? 

• Praise 1