Which bank offers the highest Fixed Deposit rates?

oil & gas action looking up in the sgx.

I work in Keppel FELS.

I....really regret not having faith in my own company. Didn't buy when Kep Corp is $4.

Didn't buy when it's $5, 6, 7, 8, 9.

Kind of feel that it's overbought now.

Aiya.

Also, I agree with taking a loan to buy car even when you have the cash.

I intend to take at least a 50% loan even if I can cash and carry my car. Having some reserve makes things a lot more flexible. In case S*** hits the fan, or some opportunity comes a long where you can earn more than the car loan rate, etc etc.

The idea isn't to not take loan. It's to make sure whatever cash/investment you have is outperforming your loan.

This is also the reason why property is so hot. Lower interest rate coupled with rental income + capital gains. But beware, can't help but feel that bubble forming.

↡ Advertisement

dont worry. only want to make things clear to mr haolian dont come near my posting and thread. he can talk what ever he wants with his clowns admirer.

just dont twist my words and dont be to quick to insult others as you have once again with this post.

nothing wrong with buying cars in cash, i have done it before, i have also taken loans and will do it again. it is just what kind of macro/micro economic situations and personal financial management styles demand that kind of action/non-action. i believe what some people in this forum are taking offence at is the constant reminder that he had paid in cash and the constant refrain that it was the ONLY way to go. there is no hard and fast rule in this.

for example i took a 3 year loan for my 2nd car, and the total interest after 3 years came up to only slightly more than $4,000. To me, paying that $4,000 in interest is way better than plonking down a high 5 figure sum down to pay off the car. that high 5 figure sum has earned me another, albeit low, 5 figure sum so far in cash. so in my case i had made all the right decisions, both in allocation of financial resources and in the investing of those resources, and i am glad. it is not for everybody though.

Nice Bro , [thumbsup] , that makes financial sense. It makes sense if you have other uses of the amount , then it is just a matter of choice. Likewise for some , they might view it as they would have saved more than 4k in interest since they have no use for that amount? It is just a matter of viewpoint. There is no point calling others haolian or whatever names just because of the choices they choose might differ from those who can't ? Right?

Cheers

(edited)

Euros with Greece problem it's not a good prospect... until the problem is fully solved, still have chance.

Same goes for Sterling pounds. forecast it will hit below $2...

Aiyo...You forecast GBP will hit below $2? That is quite a bold statement, I wont say it is impossible, unless something very drastic happen. The market is used to old news of Greece debt. Unless got new juicy bad news elsewhere i supposed it is very unlikely.

The GBP used to be around the equilibrium of $3 within the international trade and the current support level is at 2.09 which has been visited last Jan09 and Mar10. I bought it at 2.105 leh. Going down to 2.00 is drastic considering that it is currency that we are talking about. In the event if they break thr the 2.09 support level, I probably guess $2.05 and 2.00 is the next support level.

Going below 2.00 is ......

Edited by Maldini03

Euro to me is still a dead duck , after Greece , next in line is Portugal . It is a never ending story. China doesn't want its currency to deflate so what they will do is to inflate the other currency which in this case would be USD.

Huh? China doesnt want its' currency to deflate?

I thought US has been pressuring China to appreciate yuen?

Huh? Inflate the USD? US economy is tired, they should't be appreciating USD isnt it? it will hurt their Export which doesnt help to achieve trade surplus isnt it? It is like slapping themself in the face.

(edited)

Bro I think u misunderstood me , sorry wrong wavelength.

What i meant is china doesn't want to deflate its economy yet , which means to clamp down on inflation and let prices drop (as this might have detrimental effects as it affects loans , defaults and businesses) and let RMB appreciate though chances are they might hike rates to slow down inflation which is increasingly worrying as China might have the same problems US face with property with prices already rising into a bubble as it is just a matter of time before bubble burst. This might result in a bankruptcy of a few china banks.

As for USD , since RMB not going to move just because others call them to , what China can do is to force US to inflate its own currency either via more borrowing or printing or via keeping interest rates low. This way , China keeps its face value and still allow RMB to appreciate gradually/slowly at the pace china is comfortable with.

Edited by CH_CO

hi bros, need your advise on the Australian Dollar, although it pays a good interest, I feel that its a bit high now due to commodities.

do you think I should wait till 2011 when the AUD will drop. Have seen it drop before and it's quite scary

Put money on COE, it keeps going up! :D

COE fund?

Then very easy to play already.

Bidders throw 200m into stock, then next bid bid 200k.

I also want.

Hi all,

as above question........ say i got $50k cash, which FD account has highest interest?

pls dun tell me about whatever investment scheme or whatnot.... not interested in investments for this sum of $$.

I believe RHB Bank offers competitive rates among banks for FD accounts

Do not just go on divident gains but capital appreciation concurrently as shares appreciate. However, one must have the financial stamina and patience to wait for the right opportunity. Buying of shares is like fishing, the more patient you are the bigger will be your catch. DO NOT TRADE! Have your money ever ready as fluid as it possibily can when opportunity arises. Spread out your basket of goods. Buy only blue chips when they are 15 - 20% low and not now as market is too bullish. Now one should be scaling down your investments. Just 2cts worth [:)]

Back to basic - buy low, sell high. Go in for the long haul [cool]

I work in Keppel FELS.

I....really regret not having faith in my own company. Didn't buy when Kep Corp is $4.

Didn't buy when it's $5, 6, 7, 8, 9.

Kind of feel that it's overbought now.

Aiya.

Also, I agree with taking a loan to buy car even when you have the cash.

I intend to take at least a 50% loan even if I can cash and carry my car. Having some reserve makes things a lot more flexible. In case S*** hits the fan, or some opportunity comes a long where you can earn more than the car loan rate, etc etc.

The idea isn't to not take loan. It's to make sure whatever cash/investment you have is outperforming your loan.

This is also the reason why property is so hot. Lower interest rate coupled with rental income + capital gains. But beware, can't help but feel that bubble forming.

Heard that your Co give out good bonus.....this year also.

I think HL finance may offer you higher interested rate. You may want to enquire if you work at raffles place.

↡ Advertisement