Which bank offers the highest Fixed Deposit rates?

Yes, interest is quite high for poems acc.

Think poems is not a financial institution. i.e. any money parked in the acc is not guaranteed like those you have with banks. I may be wrong.

But frankly $50k - FD 1 yr I see less than 1%. = Interest = $500..

No meaning.

↡ Advertisement

Talking about shares, can any bros and sis enlignten which shares give the highest dividend every year. Thanks

Dividends are peanuts lah unless you own 1000000 shares.. even Dividend U$0.01 you get U$10k Kpoi Lui...

But frankly $50k - FD 1 yr I see less than 1%. = Interest = $500..

No meaning.

Hold your bullets......What goes up will come down.....

go into AUD, deposit with australian banks like westpac.. 60 months FD at 8%

aud/sgd = 1.288

1 yr = 4.75% looks good but the higher the interest, means chances are AUD will be weaker

Any comments MCFers ??

1 yr = 4.75% looks good but the higher the interest, means chances are AUD will be weaker

Any comments MCFers ??

i remembererd when my gf was over in melbourne. her mum place some money in FD. partly for her as emergency and also for the high FD intl rate.

after graduate cash out and i agree the intl rate is good actually. surely a few times more than sg

Supersonic

Any comments MCFers ??

AUD has gone up significantly in the past year from ard 0.95 to 1.28 now. Luckily managed to catch it at 1.01 then. The aussie economy is doing well and AUD can possibly touch 1.3 this year so i won't be too concern over the short term. But 5-yr FD in ANY currency is quite risky. Sterling pound is the one I'm eyeing now.

(edited)

Hi all,

as above question........ say i got $50k cash, which FD account has highest interest?

pls dun tell me about whatever investment scheme or whatnot.... not interested in investments for this sum of $$.

Bank of Indonesia.

monthly deposit not need to do yearly or 5 yrs.

too illiquid.

but must convert your SGD to IDR first.......heh

Edited by Throttle2

Doesn't work this way. The deposit must increase by 500 to get the 1%.

If you deposit 20k, you divide 15,000 with 500 to get 30. So for 30mths you enjoy 1% interest. After that, must plonk in 500 a month to keep the 1%.

Spread out your investments. Accumulate slowly. Dividend is still money.

My wife and I split 50/50 between stocks and CIMB Starsaver.

Every year, earnings from dividends keep increasing because we have been buying value stocks.

Started with meagre 100+ dollars worth of dividends a year. Now up to 4 digit sum a year.

Don't pull out big big number to discourage him. Everything takes time. Just don't squander it away now buying that 100k Civic. [laugh]

there is no free lunch in the word. if you want to put $$ in a foreign currency a/c, be prepare for forex risks.

but if you the safe type of person, then put it in MAYBANK FD S$ a/c.

not too long ago, even fixed deposit was not safe becos whatever cash deposit you put with the bank comes under the bank's balance sheet.

what this means is, the bank goes, your money goes.....

so govts had no choice but to guarantee all unpledged deposits in banks in singapore until end of 2010.

fact is which govt can truly guarantee deposits? who has that much money? no not even our SWF.

if banks start really go under leading one after another, it's the end of the capitalistic world, period.

I think i better plan retirement in Habana. hee

Supersonic

Guaranteeing bank deposits is much easier for the government than you think; all they have to do is print a few 500k notes and the problem is solved.

The real question should be this: What do you think your 500k will be able to buy at that point?

↡ Advertisement