Which bank offers the highest Fixed Deposit rates?

Thanks for the input, bro!

I was just doing a quick comparison of various banks and I realise that FD rates are pathetic!! :o Mainly about 0.5% +/-. That means even with a big chunk of moolah, one can only get a miserable couple of hundred bucks a year in interest. DOH!

Is there an investment out there which gives a better rate of return in 6 months, but with no risk to the capital? I would be happy with 2-3%. The Foreign currency deposits seem attractive but the exch rate loses bring risk to the capital - which I do not want.

You may want to put into sterling deposit. Currently , sterling is under sgd2 and english econ is still pretty under control.

In any case, i expect sterling to rise above sgd2 when the crisis ease...

If you have a bigger capital can try bond, at least >3% per ann , and could be traded if you need to use the $$.

Turbocharged

during the last dip, i bought quite a sum of AUD when A$1=S$0.90, and put in maybank's monthly FD rate then was over 5%.

now dropped to only 4.1% [:p]

during the last dip, i bought quite a sum of AUD when A$1=S$0.90, and put in maybank's monthly FD rate then was over 5%.

now dropped to only 4.1% [:p]

then wats the exchange rate for SGD vs AUD from last time until now?

Thanks for the input, bro!

I was just doing a quick comparison of various banks and I realise that FD rates are pathetic!! :o Mainly about 0.5% +/-. That means even with a big chunk of moolah, one can only get a miserable couple of hundred bucks a year in interest. DOH!

Is there an investment out there which gives a better rate of return in 6 months, but with no risk to the capital? I would be happy with 2-3%. The Foreign currency deposits seem attractive but the exch rate loses bring risk to the capital - which I do not want.

Buy a Capitaland Convertble bond. 2.875%, 2016 maturity, Trading at approx 98..

Turbocharged

I scare of Malaysian banks, put at Uob at 0.938 recently

Thought MAS has guarantee up to 50k deposits placed in sg?

Another one is CIMB. 0.8% SGD. Not a FD though.. you can take it out anytime.

Anyone has the last word on which bank currently offers the highest FD?

I think it is Maybank.

For fresh fund, you get 1.45% for 18 months tenure. The catch is for every 10K, you need to deposit 1K (or 10%) in Saving account for at least for 6 or 9 months (can't remember the exact). 12 months tenure has lower rate. This offer start from 1 Feb.

is the rate for fresh fund only?

Yes, fresh funds, 18 months, 12 months is 0.838 I think...just park my e funds there, 300k is still in Phillips cash management account, not bad once a week earn 20 bucks

Anyone has the last word on which bank currently offers the highest FD?

FDs are a waste of time, unless you are waiting to make an investment.

For 1M, get 10K per year, waste time...

Even Temasek bond gives you a net 2% yield...

I think it is Maybank.

For fresh fund, you get 1.45% for 18 months tenure. The catch is for every 10K, you need to deposit 1K (or 10%) in Saving account for at least for 6 or 9 months (can't remember the exact). 12 months tenure has lower rate. This offer start from 1 Feb.

The actual rate is lower, since have to put 10% in savings acc..

The headline rate for show only..

Neutral Newbie

I think it is Maybank.

Sorry bro if i get it wrongly...

So if I deposit 100k, I also need to deposit additional 10k in savings for 6 to 9 months.

So total of 110k for 9 month and 100k for 18 month and my returns at the end is 14.5k?

↡ Advertisement