Good car brands see higher resale values

Mustank

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

'In general, the good brands will see no depreciation, or even a little gain,'

Citing the example of a Toyota Wish bought in 2008 or 2009 at about $60,000, he said it is now....

i cannot believe the guy quoted toyota as one of the good car brands in the news report

[laugh]

Edited by Nimm12

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Toyota if made in Japan in my opinion is still okay.

Recall can happen to any brand.

In my opinion, the component suppliers in Japan are more reliable in terms of quality than those in Thailand or China where Toyota rely on local suppliers for their components

Of course in Japan you also can get supplier like Koito that fabricated the safety data ...... but these are lesser than elsewhere

Notice that most recalls happen outside of Japan

Edited by Fedup-camry

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

In my opinion, the component suppliers in Japan are more reliable in terms of quality than those in Thailand or China where Toyota rely on local suppliers for their components

Of course in Japan you also can get supplier like Koito that fabricated the safety data ...... but these are lesser than elsewhere

you not getting it dude

this toyota case is not about recall, its about people being killed due to car fault

and after media exposure cannot hide anymore then they recall

its about social responsibility dude

i bid farewell to this brand

[wave]

Edited by Nimm12

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

you not getting it dude

this toyota case is not about recall, its about people being killed due to car fault

[wave]

you are right.

those killers are made outside of Japan

my point is, the higher resale value should come from those made in Japan, not those made in Thailand or China

Edited by Fedup-camry

(edited)

The recall first started with Japanese-made Toyota Prius. I don't recall hearing any Thaiyota getting recalled. Not that I'm supporting Toyota, but at least you should be accurate about what you say.

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/S...ory_497237.html

I quote,

"In Singapore, the bulk of affected vehicles are parallel imports. These include models like the Sienna minivan, Harrier SUV, Estima MPV, Blade hatchback, Mark X Zio sedan and Vanguard crossover."

And parallel imports are made in Japan.

Edited by Macrosszero

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

The recall first started with Japanese-made Toyota Prius. I don't recall hearing any Thaiyota getting recalled. Not that I'm supporting Toyota, but at least you should be accurate about what you say.

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/S...ory_497237.html

I quote,

"In Singapore, the bulk of affected vehicles are parallel imports. These include models like the Sienna minivan, Harrier SUV, Estima MPV, Blade hatchback, Mark X Zio sedan and Vanguard crossover."

And parallel imports are made in Japan.

ya, but is not referring to the killer accelerator problem (mostly made in USA)

copied your referenced article here :

MORE than 5,000 cars in Singapore could be affected by Toyota Motor's latest recall of close to 1.6 million vehicles worldwide.

The exercise, following a string of similar ones in recent months, is to fix faulty engine oil hoses that could develop pinhole leaks with age.

If left unattended, the leaks could worsen and lead to engine damage.

About 1.3 million of the affected vehicles are in North America, with the rest in 90 other countries, including Japan. The cars were manufactured between 2005 and last year.

Repairs on 45,000 vehicles in Japan have already been rolled out since October, said Toyota spokesman Ririko Takeuchi yesterday.

In Singapore, the bulk of affected vehicles are parallel imports. These include models like the Sienna minivan, Harrier SUV, Estima MPV, Blade hatchback, Mark X Zio sedan and Vanguard crossover.

Edited by Fedup-camry

Ya....me too.

Toyota cars are remove from my list permanently. Better to be safe than sorry!

To think that i almost bot a 2nd hand camry in 2008.

Heng ah........... ^_^

you not getting it dude

[wave]

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

just because of one mistake?

i used to tink toyota is the leader

top quality, top brand

however, 1 mistake and even just 1 death is 1 too many

let alone this case where so many lives taken away

once again, sayonara toyota

[wave]

Edited by Nimm12

Honestly, I'm here in the U.S. and shopping for a car. I don't see any impact on Toyota sales or reputation at all. You can read it from all the news and crap, the Toyota reputation as far as I hear from every single person here is, Toyota = high quality. And the car prices and sales are not affected at all.

Neutral Newbie

Honestly, I'm here in the U.S. and shopping for a car. I don't see any impact on Toyota sales or reputation at all. You can read it from all the news and crap, the Toyota reputation as far as I hear from every single person here is, Toyota = high quality. And the car prices and sales are not affected at all.

the recent sales promotion in the US by Toyota is proven successful : zero interest for the leasing etc etc

↡ Advertisement