I Can No Longer Afford to Renew COE.....

Sianz....... My car's COE is going to expire in Aug 2012. Looking at the rate its rising I won't be able to afford to renew the COE when it expires.....

I am not some rich guy, just a poor peasant who trying to fulfill a dream that started almost 20yrs ago..... :(

Now, I am thinking how I can keep my celica when the COE expires.... Options:

1. Scrap car and the end....

2. Take loan for COE....

Option 3:

Fight it out with anyone who try to tow my car away to scrap it. I will probably kill someone and scentenced to death and end of my life....

Looks like I have just 2yrs to live...... :(

↡ Advertisement

Dude, the best mod you can do for your car now is not twin-charging it but giving it a new lease of life aka renewing the COE. Otherwise any modification you do to it will not last. Renew the COE and you'll have another 10 years to play with it.

You still have 2 years. Save, invest or rob if you really need that money to renew. No other option if that car cannot be found elsewhere.

Sianz....... My car's COE is going to expire in Aug 2012. Looking at the rate its rising I won't be able to afford to renew the COE when it expires.....

I am not some rich guy, just a poor peasant who trying to fulfill a dream that started almost 20yrs ago..... :(

2. Take loan for COE....

Option 3:

Fight it out with anyone who try to tow my car away to scrap it. I will probably kill someone and scentenced to death and end of my life....

Turbocharged

There's those cars that renewed their COEs for between $18,444 to $21,000 in June to August 2001, and due to be scrapped in June to August 2011.

So there's hope that COE prices may drop in end 2011 when more COEs are allocated to make room for these scrapped vehicles.

But my guess is it may stay in the minimum $20K mark.

There's those cars that renewed their COEs for between $18,444 to $21,000 in June to August 2001, and due to be scrapped in June to August 2011.

So there's hope that COE prices may drop in end 2011 when more COEs are allocated to make room for these scrapped vehicles.

But my guess is it may stay in the minimum $20K mark.

thats my only hope. Else its GG for me.

Sad to say that my car is my main driving force in my life right now. I am not treating it as just another piece of machine meant for transport purpose. Its a passion....

Seriously, I am thinking of just dying together with the car. Drive it off the Jetty or something. Then can die inside the car.

Sad to say that my car is my main driving force in my life right now. I am not treating it as just another piece of machine meant for transport purpose. Its a passion....

Seriously, I am thinking of just dying together with the car. Drive it off the Jetty or something. Then can die inside the car.

dude u make me laugh.. [crazy] its just a car.. ur life doesnt end when the COE expires..

im sure u can get a loan for the XXXXX amt it's gonna cost u

Turbocharged

You can renew now with the PQP should be around 20k+ or you can try your luck and wait 24 months.

Neutral Newbie

hmmmm....driving off a jetty??? would that qualify yr car to be a boat then????? Maybe k convert car into boat!!! Then no need COE! And can sail from Sentosa cove to Marina! Damn stylo! [bounce2][laugh]

deregister your car, get a mechanic to remove the engine and parts, get a welder to weld off the car body, then place it in your home as part of decoration. u may not be able to drive the car anymore but still u can keep n appreciate the car in other forms.

Neutral Newbie

2. Take loan for COE....

Option 3:

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?showtopic=2650535

u are buying the mercedes supercharger wat ........

Supercharged

Aug 2012 is still long way lah!!!

if its Aug 2010, then u better start to worry now.......

From now until 2012, alot of things can happen.... COE system maybe scrapped and replaced by something else.... u never know, right?

in a football, nothing is firmed until the final whistle blows at 90th mins..... anything can happen

Why worry, just enjoy yr ride now

2 years 4 months is a long time

COE prices then is unpredictable

elections also coming up by 2012, who knows govt make some changes to the basis of setting quota to make more citizens happy?

so meanwhile dont think so much

enjoy your celica as much as possible

Neutral Newbie

Aug 2012 is still long way lah!!!

if its Aug 2010, then u better start to worry now.......

From now until 2012, alot of things can happen.... COE system maybe scrapped and replaced by something else.... u never know, right?

in a football, nothing is firmed until the final whistle blows at 90th mins..... anything can happen

Why worry, just enjoy yr ride now

I agree! Esp with the fundamentals of the market being so unstable now...recession can happen again very very soon.... then u k chiong on the COE again! [thumbsup]

Seriously, if I were you, I'd forgo any power modifications on the car first and just renew the COE with that money. Enjoy the ride first - I'm sure that's what you bought it for since it's a very rare car. You'll have extended your playtime with the car by another 10 years and you can then do whatever mods you want to it then.

OT: It's less clear-cut for me - I love the AE101 very much, but I'm not sure it's worth the price of a COE renewal at these prices over just getting a new car.

Turbocharged

come on lah... it's just 20k... just sign your credit card can already lor...

of all type of loan available, u suggest the legal ah long.... u hate him so much???.... [laugh]

↡ Advertisement