COE prices for cars hit fresh highs

Blackseal

SINGAPORE: One car dealer calls it a tsunami, another describes it as the point of no return.

These best sum up sentiments, after COE prices hit fresh highs on Wednesday in the first bidding tender since a reduction in COE supply kicked in.

The biggest increase was in the big

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

SINGAPORE: One car dealer calls it a tsunami, another describes it as the point of no return.

These best sum up sentiments, after COE prices hit fresh highs on Wednesday in the first bidding tender since a reduction in COE supply kicked in.

The biggest increase was in the big

According to car dealers, there's NEVER a bad time to buy... if its cheap now, buy before it goes up, if its expensive, buy before it goes up even higher!

According to car dealers, there's NEVER a bad time to buy... if its cheap now, buy before it goes up, if its expensive, buy before it goes up even higher!

In my opinion, there is never a good time to buy car. It is just a matter of whether you can afford it at the point of interest of buying one.

Sigh.... [:/]

Neutral Newbie

ha ha ! money going in their pockets of course will say these words.

anyway, oil prices increasing & nobody really knows what is going on in the economy.

The rich ppl are unable to make money from Shares & property and they are holding loads of cash on standby mode, waiting for a correction than they will go in.

People who commit to house & car now, at all time high, are going to be slaughtered by the rich.

Neutral Newbie

ha ha ! money going in their pockets of course will say these words.

anyway, oil prices increasing & nobody really knows what is going on in the economy.

The rich ppl are unable to make money from Shares & property and they are holding loads of cash on standby mode, waiting for a correction than they will go in.

People who commit to house & car now, at all time high, are going to be slaughtered by the rich.

got correction meh?

prices of everything still go up it seems

aiyah nothing go up forever. Dont believe wait n see.

The first trigger is when the Federal Reserve increase their interest rate....

The 2nd trigger is when the Chinese property burst (this one nobody can predict the time, most probably when u least expected)

The third trigger is changes to government policy. Everytime govt make changes to the policy, things changes. I fully expect MBT to introduced more draconian anti speculative measure within the next 1-2 month.

If u read my post before, I predicted that oil will reach US100 this year plus the inflation - this is an unintended consequence of Fed Reserve keeping their interest rate at very low level....

got correction meh?

prices of everything still go up it seems

if anyone has read the Today newspaper, http://www.todayonline.com/Singapore/EDC10...t-lightning-rod?

Last month, Second Transport Minister Lim Hwee Hua said the spike was not caused by recent changes to the formula to determine the number of replacement COEs, but other factors such as market forces and economic conditions.

The COE was hovering in the low to mid 10Ks most of the time until LTA announced last yr that there will be a cut of COEs and subsequent announcement of revised formula....all these cause panic buyers and eager sellers to hitch on this symptom and cause the COE to rise sharply. Looks like the government shifting the blame and not admitting it.

That's why I said before and I say again and again.

Buy when everyone wants to sell. Sell when everyone wants to buy.

Your decision must always go AGAINST the market forces then you always the winner.

Neutral Newbie

aiyah nothing go up forever. Dont believe wait n see.

The first trigger is when the Federal Reserve increase their interest rate....

The 2nd trigger is when the Chinese property burst (this one nobody can predict the time, most probably when u least expected)

The third trigger is changes to government policy. Everytime govt make changes to the policy, things changes. I fully expect MBT to introduced more draconian anti speculative measure within the next 1-2 month.

If u read my post before, I predicted that oil will reach US100 this year plus the inflation - this is an unintended consequence of Fed Reserve keeping their interest rate at very low level....

when stimulus package all withdrawn.

when local interest rate starts to climb.

when USD 1 = SGD 1

start seeing some private property investor starts unlaoding below market psf but higher then launching psf already.

yep! another cycle cumming....point of no return yeah?

Neutral Newbie

That's why I said before and I say again and again.

Buy when everyone wants to sell. Sell when everyone wants to buy.

Your decision must always go AGAINST the market forces then you always the winner.

This is the principle of most rich ppl (top 3 % ?).

sad thing the group lower than them don really understand.

the graph cycle for market force is cat as below, if i am not wrong:

1. Very Rich ppl

2. Professional (e.g. bankers, lawyer, doctor)

3. Middle income

4. Uncles & aunites

i think we are between 3 & 4 now (Peak, high property price, stagnant stock mkt & high COE).

The very rich already standing at the sideline, waiting for opportunity.

Of course the car dealers will have to say it's a good time to buy.

With the quota cut around 40%, their monthly revenue is reduced.

High COE & the Taxes is absorbed by the comsumers, will not increase their bottomline.

Neutral Newbie

He's afraid that his company showroom become a parking garage, that's why he said that.

double edge sword, ppl either swarm showroom & 2nd shop or avoid like plague.

↡ Advertisement