Shell Helix Ultra at Giant

Minut3s

Giant is Malaysia. But it is bought over by the Dairy Farm group which is from Hong Kong.

The oil from giant is from Hong Kong if I'm not wrong? Written as manufacturer in Hong Kong but mainly in thai language
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Was at tampenis giant yesterday, the way they arrange the EO, look like going to go on offer liao .....

Errr I think Tampines not spelled like that le. Lol

5W-40 is too thick IMO.

Can get SHU 0W-30 from this guy:

https://sg.carousell.com/p/183631703/

Bro Fcw75,

0W-30 is too thick for my ride...

You should try using Mobil 0W-20...you can feel the engine come alive when you hit the pedal.

mobil_1.png

Or even this Royal Purple 0W-10

royal_purple_qt_xpr_0w-10_01009.jpg

Edited by Imac
  • Praise 2

Anyone wanna buy 3 bots of this shell helix ultra and stay near kovan? i went to whack 3 bots, but just signed up for a special servicing promo package with stamford that was given for Tucson owners in line with a Tucson event. The package comes with oil, so my oil no use liao... If stay around here, no need go Giant. I deliver to you lor [laugh]

• Praise 2

Bro Fcw75,

0W-30 is too thick for my ride...

You should try using Mobil 0W-20...you can feel the engine come alive when you hit the pedal.

mobil_1.png

Or even this Royal Purple 0W-10

royal_purple_qt_xpr_0w-10_01009.jpg

I tried Fuchs 0W-20 once before. Pour like water. Engine is lively indeed but became noisier.

Not sure about the protection.

• Praise 1

For passive driving and BnB cars, 20w is ok but if you drive performance cars and drive hard and the engine heats up real hot, at least a 30w or 40w is need for better protection.  Else when the engine reaches 100 or 110 deg C, the oil will become too think to protect the engine moving parts properly.  Sure it will rev easier but over the longer term it will come at a price.  Turbo engines are especially vulnerable. Viscoscity is a function of temperature.

Edited by Ahbengdriver
  • Praise 1

Anyone wanna buy 3 bots of this shell helix ultra and stay near kovan? i went to whack 3 bots, but just signed up for a special servicing promo package with stamford that was given for Tucson owners in line with a Tucson event. The package comes with oil, so my oil no use liao... If stay around here, no need go Giant. I deliver to you lor [laugh]

If you dont mind dropping it off at Ang Mo Kio, I can take them off you at the same price that Giant is offering.

If you dont mind dropping it off at Ang Mo Kio, I can take them off you at the same price that Giant is offering.

Can lah, not extremely far. I'll pm you to arrange [:)]

Hypersonic

same here, my last car was running on carlube triple R for 7 years/270,000km+ since new

Is this a Getz? One of the most extremely under-rated cars in the world?

:D

Hypersonic

I keep reading here since cars are so expensive 100k 200k people should only use expensive oil.

Its like saying people that stay in 5 star hotels should eat all their meals from the hotel restaurants

and never eat from cheap restaurants outside the hotel.

A car is only expensive here because of COE. The same car is US will be so much cheaper.

We should just use the oil spec for the car and not the price of the oil.

• Praise 4

Supercharged

Is this a Getz? One of the most extremely under-rated cars in the world?

yes, it's a 2004 1.3L 5 doors Getz

very reliable workhorse and very cheap to run and maintain

I used it to ferry my MIL from home to hospital almost weekly until she passed away in 2010

post-2022-0-58315300-1559739969_thumb.jpg

• Praise 2

I keep reading here since cars are so expensive 100k 200k people should only use expensive oil.

Its like saying people that stay in 5 star hotels should eat all their meals from the hotel restaurants

and never eat from cheap restaurants outside the hotel.

A car is only expensive here because of COE. The same car is US will be so much cheaper.

We should just use the oil spec for the car and not the price of the oil.

80% of BB car cost consists of taxes. Nowadays I print out all my taxes and soak them in double ester engine oil so that my car wont spoil. Change them religiously every 6 months....

Lucky i did that and my car running fine....

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2