Shell Helix Ultra at Giant

Minut3s

People who waste money on supposedly "high end oil" are just like kids who get easily brainwashed by all the Macdonald ads. Even the service advisor at Tan Chong advised me not to waste money on more expensive brands for my V6 Teana. You guys are paying for all their high marketing costs and sponsorships of racing teams, etc.

One oil being perceived to be better than another is all in the mind. You pay more means must be better. Typical Singapore mentality.

You should try it once at least to make a fair judgement. Not fair to label people who knows the diff as kids. Kampung durian and D24 durian also durian right? I apologize if I sound rude. Just need an example to make my point. BTW, my lao peh also driving Cefiro aka Teana. He can vouch there is a difference.

^_^

↡ Advertisement

People who waste money on supposedly "high end oil" are just like kids who get easily brainwashed by all the Macdonald ads. Even the service advisor at Tan Chong advised me not to waste money on more expensive brands for my V6 Teana. You guys are paying for all their high marketing costs and sponsorships of racing teams, etc.

One oil being perceived to be better than another is all in the mind. You pay more means must be better. Typical Singapore mentality.

i see

btw does TC provide free first 3 servicing for your new teana bought from them? or even more than 3?

i agreed that this EO is not good. i changed mine during my first 1km servicing and was surprised at the after effect the EO caused.

- engine became noisy (ticking sound)

- instead of golden EO, it was black when i pull out the (whatever you call - the stick from engine)

I'm going to flush mine and change to redline next.

Supercharged

i see

btw does TC provide free first 3 servicing for your new teana bought from them? or even more than 3?

TC is giving free first 3 services for all cars including oil.

But the comment from TC cannot trust 100% one as they are pushing their Fasflow oil.

So, they will say any oil is good oil.

But the comment from TC cannot trust 100% one as they are pushing their Fasflow oil.

i agree with you

actually i waiting for him to answer, then i will ask him, so what oil does TC use for the first 3 servicing?

i see

Yes 3 free service but use mineral oil.

TC did not promote Fastflo to me.. When I gave them the c-----e bottle, the Service Advisor said good because no use wasting money on more expensive oil and I saved $100 from servicing package by not taking their fastflo oil.

I have been on c-----e for past 4 years. Using on my Teana 250XV right now. Prior to that I used Mobil 1. FRankly no difference at all. Singaporeans typical thought process is more expensve means definitely better quality. Dont thrown your money away.

I couldn't agree more! :D

i agreed that this EO is not good. i changed mine during my first 1km servicing and was surprised at the after effect the EO caused.

- engine became noisy (ticking sound)

- instead of golden EO, it was black when i pull out the (whatever you call - the stick from engine)

I'm going to flush mine and change to redline next.

The oil turing black is a good sign,

that the gunk in your engine!

Better it goes to your oil which gets drained out

than gets stuck inside your engine.

You should try it once at least to make a fair judgement. Not fair to label people who knows the diff as kids. Kampung durian and D24 durian also durian right? I apologize if I sound rude. Just need an example to make my point. BTW, my lao peh also driving Cefiro aka Teana. He can vouch there is a difference.

^_^

If Motul was that good every tom dick and harry will be using it. Buying and maintaning a car in Singapore is the most expensive in the world. I am sure $100 extra for every 6 months on the SUPPSEDLY best oil in the market is small change for people who can affiord 100k or more expensive cars if a oil like Motul is going to make a MARKED difference in performance. In fact, car manufatureres themselves will strongly recommend certain makes of engine oil if it is going to make a noticeable difference in the performance of their cars. Even demo cars will be filled with the top range engine oil if they can sell more cars by making their cars perform better. But they don't because there is no miracle engine oil in the market let alone Motul.

Some oils do last a bit longer in terms of keeping the engine slightly smoother for an additional 2-3000km but thats about it. But for the first 7-8000km one will hardly be able to tell the difference between a $150 oil and $30 synthetic oil.

I have not tried Motul but have tried other expensive brands and that is why I continue to stick to Carloop for the past 5 years. It is not the issue of not being able to afford but rather why throw money unnecessaily. I rather donate the extra $100 to charity than to make Motul rich so that they can spend more money on their marketing and hoodwink "kids" out there.

TC did not promote Fastflo to me.. When I gave them the c-----e bottle, the Service Advisor said good because no use wasting money on more expensive oil and I saved $100 from servicing package by not taking their fastflo oil.

Thats a very nice SA. [:)]

Supersonic

Perhaps you should stop labelling people as "kids" just bcoz they don't think like you.

I wonder how much you know about oil, besides it being "cheap"

if Shell is really that bad, how come ADs still using them? If they recieve plent of complaints, sldnt they change brand?

I rather donate the extra $100 to charity than to make Motul rich.

Thats very nice of you! You really gave the money to charity?

I salute you! [:)]

You are not like some posters who just post things for effect saying

I rather give to charity but really never give.

Edited by Jamesc

if Shell is really that bad, how come ADs still using them? If they recieve plent of complaints, sldnt they change brand?

A competitor kindly paid for my car to be serviced at Komoco so they could assess the service,

so my Getz had Shell oil in it.

There is nothing wrong with the oil at all.

Its just that if its my money, I would use something cheaper and better.

Thats very nice of you! You really gave the money to charity?

I salute you! [:)]

You are not like some posters who just post things for effect saying

I rather give to charity but really never give.

Why so surprised?. It is not like I am giving 10% of my salary like most do to the churches. No need to salute $100 peanuts charity donation.

Perhaps you should stop labelling people as "kids" just bcoz they don't think like you.

I wonder how much you know about oil, besides it being "cheap"

Know enough to entitle me to call them "kids"

Supersonic

Knowing just enough is dangerous.

Some people would say why you go to Tan Chong for a simple oil change ?

How much do you pay for their service vs outside workshop or even diy ?

I hope they don't call you kid for sucking up to AD. :D

↡ Advertisement