Switzer Builds 800 hp Track-Focused Nissan GTR

Blackseal

It started when a Nissan R35 GTR owner in New England wanted to make the 1725 kg (3800 lbs) car more track-friendly. So the car was sent to Ohio tuner Switzer Performance who had decided to take on the challenge.

Tym Switzer and his team took the Super Silver 2010 GTR and added their own components, which included new intercoolers, intakes and turbochargers and boosted the car's power rating to 800 hp (597 kW) and 948 Nm (700 lb-ft) of torque.

Also added for improved performance were an adjustable JRZ suspension system, tighter adjustable sway-bars, a diffuser for the undercarriage and an active wing provided by Aeromotions.

To reduce weight Switzer fitted the R35 GTR with AP carbon rotors, a lighter ceramic-coated titanium exhaust system, a dry-carbon deck-lid, and lightweight Bride sports seats - lightening the car by 90 kg (200 lbs).

Switzer said the client wanted a car that both he and his wife could drive on public roads and go out to dinner with while still making excellent times on the track. Switzer's P800 upgrading package is now available for everyone via its network of dealers.

↡ Advertisement

It started when a Nissan R35 GTR owner in New England wanted to make the 1725 kg (3800 lbs) car more track-friendly. So the car was sent to Ohio tuner Switzer Performance who had decided to take on the challenge.

Tym Switzer and his team took the Super Silver 2010 GTR and added their own components, which included new intercoolers, intakes and turbochargers and boosted the car's power rating to 800 hp (597 kW) and 948 Nm (700 lb-ft) of torque.

Also added for improved performance were an adjustable JRZ suspension system, tighter adjustable sway-bars, a diffuser for the undercarriage and an active wing provided by Aeromotions.

To reduce weight Switzer fitted the R35 GTR with AP carbon rotors, a lighter ceramic-coated titanium exhaust system, a dry-carbon deck-lid, and lightweight Bride sports seats - lightening the car by 90 kg (200 lbs).

Switzer said the client wanted a car that both he and his wife could drive on public roads and go out to dinner with while still making excellent times on the track. Switzer's P800 upgrading package is now available for everyone via its network of dealers.

800 hp and 948 Nm - not an issue. In Singapore, HKS tuned GTR can easily produce >850 hp and 1100 Nm torque.

Carbon rotors, deck-lid etc. - not an issue. In Singapore, enthuasists have slapped on carbon fibre parts everywhere and swapped stock brakes with ceramic brakes and spent mid-5 figure sums just on this aspect.

A car that the WIFE can drive on public roads, do dinner and clock excellent track times - absolutely amazing!!! That's gotta be a first in the world!!!

800 hp and 948 Nm - not an issue. In Singapore, HKS tuned GTR can easily produce >850 hp and 1100 Nm torque.

Carbon rotors, deck-lid etc. - not an issue. In Singapore, enthuasists have slapped on carbon fibre parts everywhere and swapped stock brakes with ceramic brakes and spent mid-5 figure sums just on this aspect.

A car that the WIFE can drive on public roads, do dinner and clock excellent track times - absolutely amazing!!! That's gotta be a first in the world!!!

But then again...after all those modding...I wonder can the DSG gearbox tahan all those torque ? [confused]

But then again...after all those modding...I wonder can the DSG gearbox tahan all those torque ? [confused]

GR6 clutch can be strengthened and transmission cooler can be added. But no guarantee seriously. Launching is not advisable, anecdotally it causes 90% of transmission failures (stock or modified car/transmission).

wat's the price for tunning a GTR to 800hp + ?? from HKS

Not expensive. So far i only spent abt S$70K. Dyno last done b4 intercooler and transmission cooler 774HP at crank and 1095NM on high boost, so i reckon am achieving 800HP at crank and 1100NM.

If add F-Con V-Pro (not expensive) surely can exceed. However, traction control is an issue. Purely on stock turbos and engine internals (though advisable to upgrade internals).

Clutch and gear upgrades i have not done, as i am still running very low mileage (7000+km after 8 months with the first 3000km in 2 weeks of running in), though i wanted to slap the 14 clutch disc SSP clutch with a PPG heavy duty gears. That will allow sustained repeated launching of a 1000HP GTR.

Lastly, whether it's track durable - probably not. For track, have to probably run on a more sustainable lower HP and NM tune, whereby heat dissipation issues can be resolved.

Not expensive. So far i only spent abt S$70K. Dyno last done b4 intercooler and transmission cooler 774HP at crank and 1095NM on high boost, so i reckon am achieving 800HP at crank and 1100NM.

If add F-Con V-Pro (not expensive) surely can exceed. However, traction control is an issue. Purely on stock turbos and engine internals (though advisable to upgrade internals).

Clutch and gear upgrades i have not done, as i am still running very low mileage (7000+km after 8 months with the first 3000km in 2 weeks of running in), though i wanted to slap the 14 clutch disc SSP clutch with a PPG heavy duty gears. That will allow sustained repeated launching of a 1000HP GTR.

Lastly, whether it's track durable - probably not. For track, have to probably run on a more sustainable lower HP and NM tune, whereby heat dissipation issues can be resolved.

You sure have a GTR that can take on almost all cars in SGP sans Veyron [sunny]

nice. envy u. hope i can afford one by 30 =)

70k can buy a small car already by today standards and still make many happy :D

but different people different level in life. for e.g bill gates and warren buffet are lv99 to me. maximum wealth and experience gained lol.

70k can buy a small car already by today standards and still make many happy :D

but different people different level in life. for e.g bill gates and warren buffet are lv99 to me. maximum wealth and experience gained lol.

like this i level 5 liaos lo

How about passing LTA? Issue or not? if issue, no point talk so much.

↡ Advertisement