Money Saving Tips - WELCOMED HERE !!!

Tigerwoods

Though Economy is kicking back, we need to ensure we don't go back to our old spending habits and try our best to stretch every dollar of our hardearned money :

We all can do some cost savings if we all contribute. I start first :

1. My family loves Shabu Shabu and eat about 2x per month (wanted more but we gotta eat moderately). We buy from Wholesale places like QB. They require minimum spend for Home delivery so The trick is to ask friends/neighbours who like beef, chicken, Cheese filled juicy Sausages to order together.

Price/packet of Shabu beef slices = $6~7. In Supermarkets its $12~15 same pack.

For Dinner my family of 5 eats

1 or 2 pack beef (depending on hunger level) +

Veggies (Wong Bok, Golden Mushroom, Toufu, occassional TangOh if can find) +

Japanese Rice/Soba +

Ponzo Soy Sauce +

Goma Sauce (that can be used for 3~4 meals)

Total Damage = $15 ~ $21- or like $3~4/person

If I eat out it costs $100..

Next....

↡ Advertisement

Though Economy is kicking back, we need to ensure we don't go back to our old spending habits and try our best to stretch every dollar of our hardearned money :

We all can do some cost savings if we all contribute. I start first :

1. My family loves Shabu Shabu and eat about 2x per month (wanted more but we gotta eat moderately). We buy from Wholesale places like QB. They require minimum spend for Home delivery so The trick is to ask friends/neighbours who like beef, chicken, Cheese filled juicy Sausages to order together.

Price/packet of Shabu beef slices = $6~7. In Supermarkets its $12~15 same pack.

For Dinner my family of 5 eats

1 or 2 pack beef (depending on hunger level) +

Veggies (Wong Bok, Golden Mushroom, Toufu, occassional TangOh if can find) +

Japanese Rice/Soba +

Ponzo Soy Sauce +

Goma Sauce (that can be used for 3~4 meals)

Total Damage = $15 ~ $21- or like $3~4/person

If I eat out it costs $100..

Next....

2. dun buy C180 when ur basic is only 3K [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

3. Stop smoking.

Lets say a average smoker,

2days = 1pack

30days or 1mth = 15pack

15*$11.80 = $177

so save $117/mth. If you smoke more den 1 pack every 2 days den u'll save even more!

Turbocharged

For many years, I kept my loose change and shillings in my pockets but I think it is not a good idea. They tend to drop into dark corners of the car or they could be lost easily when I am not too careful. Each amount can be negligible but when they add up over the years, it can be quite a tidy sum.

Nowadays, I keep a purse to collect my shillings and loose change, very much like an aunty.

Dont drive = super savings ! LOL

My advice is dont spend on items that is unnecessary. ie buy liao put there dun use

Turbocharged

Sleep early.

I used to stay up late at night and took my supper at 10-11pm. The last meal before sleep was actually quite detrimental to health.

I made it a point to sleep early and managed to save the expenses for supper (e.g. hor fun).

set aside a fixed amount every month for saving and die die cannot spend it. this will force some kind of saving.

also, dont buy 4D and toto, waste money. next.

For many years, I kept my loose change and shillings in my pockets but I think it is not a good idea. They tend to drop into dark corners of the car or they could be lost easily when I am not too careful. Each amount can be negligible but when they add up over the years, it can be quite a tidy sum.

Nowadays, I keep a purse to collect my shillings and loose change, very much like an aunty.

so your car now got few thousands worth of loose change on the floor? can i buy over your car [laugh]

i think alcohol is worse than ciggies. Go out drink (dun count clubbing cos clubbing is fun!), must also include midnight cab fare back. one night of boozing at a pub can set u back 100 bucks. every weekend one booze night, thats at least 400 bucks a month.

Turbocharged

Dont drive = super savings ! LOL

My advice is dont spend on items that is unnecessary. ie buy liao put there dun use

In case there are many "white elephant" items at home, one can auction off these items at websites like ebay.

It will be a pleasant surprise to get rid of your unwanted items at a profit.

I do most of my shopping, pump petrol & buy ciggies in JB.

That already can save a few hundred a month. No need to make any sacrifices. Only a bit of my time.

Turbocharged

set aside a fixed amount every month for saving and die die cannot spend it. this will force some kind of saving.

also, dont buy 4D and toto, waste money. next.

True, don't buy 4D.

My father could have accumulated the savings over the past 30 years to see through my education, possibly in an overseas university. *sigh*

so your car now got few thousands worth of loose change on the floor? can i buy over your car [laugh]

i think alcohol is worse than ciggies. Go out drink (dun count clubbing cos clubbing is fun!), must also include midnight cab fare back. one night of boozing at a pub can set u back 100 bucks. every weekend one booze night, thats at least 400 bucks a month.

==============

Thank goodness I stopped boozing in clubs & pubs long ago. That alone I saved a bundle.

I do occasionally go to clubs/pubs in JB but there it is much cheaper for booze & gers [gorgeous] too.

Only problem is cannot drink too much cos when come back, the customs or police at the cway might check my state of drunkenness.

I buy key pouch with Coin compartment don't use a purse... SO Ku Niang...

Turbocharged

I buy key pouch with Coin compartment don't use a purse... SO Ku Niang...

okay... my "purse" looks like those key pouch with coin compartment. Ahem... Ahem.

In case there are many "white elephant" items at home, one can auction off these items at websites like ebay.

It will be a pleasant surprise to get rid of your unwanted items at a profit.

my wife did just that and sold so much stuff that are mostly brand new, gifts from friends that we don't need or use.

Secretly we are indeed Paiseh to these good friends though.

I'm also surprised some ppl buy $1~$2 stuff and willing to meet at MRT station to get them.

↡ Advertisement