Toyo Proxes T1R

Ken4555

got a set of T1Rs 12000km ago... great tyres... excellent grip even in wet conditions.... noisy yes but bearable due to its good performance...

just now as i was cleaning my car due to the rain earlier.... realised that my back right tyre is soft... [bigcry] i just pumped a day before... i tried to back track since sunday i did not hit anything... did not roll over anything hard... did not scrap the curb nor go over any potholes... i checked no nails no sharp rock the tyre looks perfect after i just drove slowly to the petrol station to pump (it was 20plus PSI, i usually pump 34-36PSI)... now an hour later tyre still looks good... hard and fine...

WHAT HAPPENED SIA????????

tyre experts out there know what happened? i am really hoping it was the stupid shell station pump not accurate when i pumped on sunday... but if so i must be a c--k couldnt even feel it at all sia... or is there such thing as the tubless head loose or leaking? guess just have to see how 2molo morning... [:(]

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Guaranteed its a puncture. Look harder for the puncture...or just bring it to a tyre shop. Other possibility could be a faulty valve core but its super unlikely.

[:(] if flat 2molo morning... then how sia... i dont wanna ruin the fairly new tyre... thought using a foot pump and pump till abit hard then drive to the tyre shop... or wat the heck just take it off and bring the tyre to the shop.... (dont hv a spare tyre i my car) [bigcry]

if its a puncture and its fixed (sealed up with the rubber and glue thing...)... how good is it going to be able to maintain the correct PSI for long???... seems the tyre as good as abt to be gone liao....

HEY TYRE EXPERTS....

for an FF car.... lets say i use different set of tyres for front and back... shd i put the better grip/newer ones at the back? or is it too dangerous to mix brands....

HEY TYRE EXPERTS....

for an FF car.... lets say i use different set of tyres for front and back... shd i put the better grip/newer ones at the back? or is it too dangerous to mix brands....

Send your car to us! We will sort the tyres out! By the way T1Rs are not meant for the TRACK neither are PS2s and everything else you guys think can be used out there! TRACKING will kill those tyres with a premature failure (TYRE DEATH!1111) Unless you have bundles of money to blow then no worries! Ever thought of the trip back when your tyre fails at 150km/h North South Highway!!! Something to ponder!!!

DRIVE SAFE!!!

got a set of T1Rs 12000km ago... great tyres... excellent grip even in wet conditions.... noisy yes but bearable due to its good performance...

just now as i was cleaning my car due to the rain earlier.... realised that my back right tyre is soft... [bigcry] i just pumped a day before... i tried to back track since sunday i did not hit anything... did not roll over anything hard... did not scrap the curb nor go over any potholes... i checked no nails no sharp rock the tyre looks perfect after i just drove slowly to the petrol station to pump (it was 20plus PSI, i usually pump 34-36PSI)... now an hour later tyre still looks good... hard and fine...

tyre experts out there know what happened? i am really hoping it was the stupid shell station pump not accurate when i pumped on sunday... but if so i must be a c--k couldnt even feel it at all sia... or is there such thing as the tubless head loose or leaking? guess just have to see how 2molo morning... [:(]

if every time u pump to 30+ psi and it lower to 20+ in 1 day, u confirm got a leak , puncture 80% , other 20 % etc .

anyway if your tyre still got air u can drive your trusted shop for a check up, or if too bad u got no spare tyre , and your tyre already flat, , either u jack and take the tyre for repair, or call outside service loh,

if every time u pump to 30+ psi and it lower to 20+ in 1 day, u confirm got a leak , puncture 80% , other 20 % etc .

anyway if your tyre still got air u can drive your trusted shop for a check up, or if too bad u got no spare tyre , and your tyre already flat, , either u jack and take the tyre for repair, or call outside service loh,

thanks...

UPDATE....

woke up this morning tyre looks fine... drove to petrol station felt fine... pumped it and realised abt 10PSI had leaked out over night...

so pumped it up and drove to tyre shop... guy took out a broken allen key (9cm no joke)... went into the middle of the tyre... :blink: dont know how in the world these kinda things happen.... tyre guy said probably cause i pump to hard...

anyways tyre has been patched... god bless hope it doesnt leak... [:)]

Send your car to us! We will sort the tyres out! By the way T1Rs are not meant for the TRACK neither are PS2s and everything else you guys think can be used out there! TRACKING will kill those tyres with a premature failure (TYRE DEATH!1111) Unless you have bundles of money to blow then no worries! Ever thought of the trip back when your tyre fails at 150km/h North South Highway!!! Something to ponder!!!

DRIVE SAFE!!!

no offence... imho unless you driving a heavily modded >500bhp car on the track... i believe most high performance street tyres are good enuf for the occassional track day... not like we going 50 laps or wat... :wacko:

i believe semi slicks are great but also will blow bundles of money what...

cheers

common to see such foreign objects puncturing the tyres. personally i have seen size 10/11 spanner punctured a tyre.

no offence... imho unless you driving a heavily modded >500bhp car on the track... i believe most high performance street tyres are good enuf for the occassional track day... not like we going 50 laps or wat... :wacko:

i believe semi slicks are great but also will blow bundles of money what...

cheers

yeah , i go once in a full moon, with my b/s re001, i can drive to my limit just fine, of course it dun compare to those using semi slick , but it serve my purpose well enough .

yeah , i go once in a full moon, with my b/s re001, i can drive to my limit just fine, of course it dun compare to those using semi slick , but it serve my purpose well enough .

exactly.... if drive up with semi slicks i think damn wasted.... if carry it there damn boliao unless got large convoy and put in pick up/van/small lorry, which is probably never....

anyways if tyres die on the track, then change some temp tyres there soooooo many car workshops there... [:)]

common to see such foreign objects puncturing the tyres. personally i have seen size 10/11 spanner punctured a tyre.

:blink: O.M.G......

DRIVE SAFE!!!

wats tyre death!1111??? a code? or typo?

bro OT abit but u mind telling mi wat size u on? thanx ^_^

DRIVE SAFE!!!

bro u selling T1R's?

can qoute mi for 205/45R16 n 205/50R16?

TIA :D

↡ Advertisement