Windscreen fog easily

Versatile

===========

Like this sud b worse cos outside air is very humid on rainy day & u allowing more humidity into the car.

I beg to differ. When u switch to non circulating, there will always be outside air coming in. So the air temp inside n outside the car will be the same, thus preventing condensation n fog.

I dun drive an avante but it works for my ride.

:)

↡ Advertisement

LOL... this has nothing to do with any wipers.

It's the difference between the outside temperature and cabin temperature that fog up your windows and windscreens. Your car should have an outside temperature reference displayed on your dash. Manually adjust the aircon temperature close to that reference but still slightly below it.

Your car also should have a demister aka windscreen heater. If you dunno what is that, check your user manual.

I beg to differ. When u switch to non circulating, there will always be outside air coming in. So the air temp inside n outside the car will be the same, thus preventing condensation n fog.

=============

Hmmmm....... A bit hard to ustand but if it works for u, then [thumbsup]

For me, the usual way to prevent misting is to switch on the AC & put to re-circulate(no humid outside air). This causes the air inside the car to become dryer & that prevents the condensation.

Oh yes. during the 70's when car no air-con yet, this is what people do to reduce fogging during rain. The idea is to equalise the higher humidity in the cabin with outside.

But nowaday car got air-con.....hmmm. OK ..........if it works for you then it is fine.... [:)]

Windscreen fogging outside is quite easy to fix, as people mention. Internal fogging, or condensation is a whole new ball game.

Chua sia the 1st time it happen to me. It was dark & I was totally lost as all the windows condense! I use my hand to wipe of the windscreen, but it appears again instantly, & back to normal in 5 sec. Until now, I still wonder how I manage to get home eithout accident that day, or why I didn't bother to stop for help. Scariest day in my entire life driving.

After that I read my manual on how to defog on raining days, which save the drama in future.

That was when started to use the front defrost setting for my car. & that was one of the many experience I have driving oversea in temperate climate. The defrost also work great (Somewhat) on frost & snow, I guess thats whats get its name!

But seriously, I never have fogging problem in Singapore, other than one day when I try to be funny & used heater on a rainy day.

All my windows including the 2 side mirrors will get fog up within 10 sec when I enter a tunnel during raining days, so is the best method to combat this leh? Thanks!  [laugh]

Actually, on this topic, I would like to ask:

There are normally a few modes for the aircon setting. Either:

1. Face/body only
  2. Face/body and leg
  3. Face/body and windscreen
  4. Windscreen only

For your cars, does the aircon vent at the bottom of the windscreen, blow out any aircon (cold air) even if you have set your aircon setting to be blowing only at the body/face (and not at leg or windscreen)?

Is it normal for some aircon to be blown out at the front windscreen aircon vents, even if you've selected to blow only at #1 (Face/body only)?

I have this problem with my car, and the workshop said it's normal.

How can it be? It means on a rainy days, when the outside and the windscreen is cool, the aircon blown at the windscreen will easily fog it up.

Anyone has this problem?

• Praise 1