Greddy e-manage Ultimate - Piggy Back Module

Tigerwoods

My friend just changed car some time back and current car is using HKS F-CON Pro.
His previous car, he used Greddy e-manage Ultimate which he took out.

I would like to buy it to install into my RSZ. Questions from a Novice :

a. Is it compatible to my type of car ?
b. He said that it can be tuned to increase Horse Power X 2 - will it cause some damage to other std spec components in the car ?
c. Comments from Pro MCFers who have used this Device please.

Thanks,

↡ Advertisement

Yes, the piggyback is compatible with your engine but you need to get a workshop to do the wiring and tuning for you.

But for the power part...... you won't get anywhere near 2x, not even 50%. More like 10% more if its tuned aggressively. If you want 2x power, you need more than just a piggyback.

As for whether it will damaged your car, it depends on the tuning and fuel used. If its tuned too aggressively, it can result in knocking which will blow the engine.

Yes, the piggyback is compatible with your engine but you need to get a workshop to do the wiring and tuning for you.

But for the power part...... you won't get anywhere near 2x, not even 50%. More like 10% more if its tuned aggressively. If you want 2x power, you need more than just a piggyback.

As for whether it will damaged your car, it depends on the tuning and fuel used. If its tuned too aggressively, it can result in knocking which will blow the engine.

Huh ?? only 10% performance improvement and tuned aggressively sommore ?

Then I think forget it...

Thanks,

Huh ?? only 10% performance improvement and tuned aggressively sommore ?

Then I think forget it...

Thanks,

hi, my novice

ok - we are not comparing with standalone like f-con pro, yah?

we are comparing on piggies . . . . .

to date - i'd say greddy emu shud be the most comprehensive piggies for japs wheel.

it maps into each distribution - directly managing the ignitions' cycles and parameters - unlike unichip which picks from the cams' cycles.

that's why, emu includes speedcut (u dunnid rsm) as well as torgy cos' it contributes to each gearshifts parameters, i.e a/f etc (its too easy just looking at hi-speeds or hi-end gains - its the low end!)

well, talk' bout gains - & if you believe someone tells u that he gets >10% overall gain just by a piggy........good luck to you & wake up!

after so many years & so many experts in this lion kampong - if you believe those BIG NAMES here - let me tell you that there's still NO 100% that these 'experts' will hook up correctly to your wheels - this is b'cos its wiring and configurations to different rides varies. thus these' 'experts' will take for granted for their installations.

if you get the rite person, the right mindset for tuning your car - its really worth it.

cheerios

(edited)

hi, my novice

ok - we are not comparing with standalone like f-con pro, yah?

we are comparing on piggies . . . . .

to date - i'd say greddy emu shud be the most comprehensive piggies for japs wheel.

it maps into each distribution - directly managing the ignitions' cycles and parameters - unlike unichip which picks from the cams' cycles.

that's why, emu includes speedcut (u dunnid rsm) as well as torgy cos' it contributes to each gearshifts parameters, i.e a/f etc (its too easy just looking at hi-speeds or hi-end gains - its the low end!)

well, talk' bout gains - & if you believe someone tells u that he gets >10% overall gain just by a piggy........good luck to you & wake up!

after so many years & so many experts in this lion kampong - if you believe those BIG NAMES here - let me tell you that there's still NO 100% that these 'experts' will hook up correctly to your wheels - this is b'cos its wiring and configurations to different rides varies. thus these' 'experts' will take for granted for their installations.

if you get the rite person, the right mindset for tuning your car - its really worth it.

cheerios

Thx for your education.

As your Novice, do you think its worthwhile getting it and install into my RSZ - I find it the acceleration lagging from stationary and power kicks in only from 3rd gear...

What I need is not speed, but acceleration from starting point...

Edited by Tigerwoods

Neutral Newbie

I read about forumers from different forums asking about tuning his car or her car and some will come in with recommendation about having a tuner and so on. But do you know what contribute a good tuner? Our knowledge on what is a good tuning here as compare to other countries, for example US is really way down the curve..i mean, just by looking at some of the posts asking about it, i sometimes wonder are we really spending money to have a bad daily drive just for the little bit of powwer gain or worst still, slowly killing off the engine..i mean are you more concern about getting unwanted knocks that is going on in your car for an overly aggressive or ignition map, or are you just worry about not having the best torque or the highest horsepower from your tuned car shown on the dyno chart? poor idling, jerking ride and bad FC is normal, so say the tuner, you what big horsepower right?

To me, what contribute a good tuner is he would take care of your engine, give respectable power yet fuel efficent and most importantly, the car is drivable. That's looking like can only happen on the tuner's car....that's the sinagpore tuning for you

Thx for your education.

As your Novice, do you think its worthwhile getting it and install into my RSZ - I find it the acceleration lagging from stationary and power kicks in only from 3rd gear...

What I need is not speed, but acceleration from starting point...

plim72 has just noted you a 'bad tuner'

well, i have played wif a number of piggies,,,,,motec, unichips XX & many others - emu (with right wiring & config + tuning) beats all.

then, i added f-manage to fine-tune my low end further.

i cannot say that it saves petrol for me - but i manage to maintain the mileage$ on a slightly heavier foot still.

again, 1st - yr wheel must be at least at her good health, i.e. inlet is well-done, outlet is thru', burning is good & timings working well.....

then, with the piggy . . .

izit worth - i can say that you will see a diff . . . but how long are you satisfied with this little gain? oni u know.

I read about forumers from different forums asking about tuning his car or her car and some will come in with recommendation about having a tuner and so on. But do you know what contribute a good tuner? Our knowledge on what is a good tuning here as compare to other countries, for example US is really way down the curve..i mean, just by looking at some of the posts asking about it, i sometimes wonder are we really spending money to have a bad daily drive just for the little bit of powwer gain or worst still, slowly killing off the engine..i mean are you more concern about getting unwanted knocks that is going on in your car for an overly aggressive or ignition map, or are you just worry about not having the best torque or the highest horsepower from your tuned car shown on the dyno chart? poor idling, jerking ride and bad FC is normal, so say the tuner, you what big horsepower right?

To me, what contribute a good tuner is he would take care of your engine, give respectable power yet fuel efficent and most importantly, the car is drivable. That's looking like can only happen on the tuner's car....that's the sinagpore tuning for you

Good to note the above. Thanks for your sharing.

plim72 has just noted you a 'bad tuner'

well, i have played wif a number of piggies,,,,,motec, unichips XX & many others - emu (with right wiring & config + tuning) beats all.

then, i added f-manage to fine-tune my low end further.

i cannot say that it saves petrol for me - but i manage to maintain the mileage$ on a slightly heavier foot still.

again, 1st - yr wheel must be at least at her good health, i.e. inlet is well-done, outlet is thru', burning is good & timings working well.....

then, with the piggy . . .

izit worth - i can say that you will see a diff . . . but how long are you satisfied with this little gain? oni u know.

I'm not a Bad Tuner, I'm just blur with all these things.

As my friend just wanna give me his Piggy since his current EVO 10 is turbo, he install the F-Con.

If it brings some distinctive difference, I don't mind installing it.

What other equipment do you recommend me to install together with this piggy back ?

Thanks.

According to the website,it is a fully featured standalone engine management system that connects as easily as a "piggy-back" fuel and timing controller. As modifications to a vehicle are made, the need for fuel and timing adjustments becomes critical for performance and safety.

hi guys, anyone know if the emanage ultimate is universal? how is it comparable to the haltech 500. Most important who tunes emanage? i know for the haltech, st power is the distributor for it here in singapore but is there others who can tune haltech? looking for options, as wanna do it correctly the 1st time. Looking for a cheaper option of standalone ecu or a powerful piggypack, not goana consider unchip.

(edited)

hi guys, anyone know if the emanage ultimate is universal? how is it comparable to the haltech 500. Most important who tunes emanage? i know for the haltech, st power is the distributor for it here in singapore but is there others who can tune haltech? looking for options, as wanna do it correctly the 1st time. Looking for a cheaper option of standalone ecu or a powerful piggypack, not goana consider unchip.

wow! its been quite a while since we last chat

Imagine! Unichip has 5-7 wires for installation, and EMU has 57-78 wires & 8 modules etc.

so it shows the difference . . .

Yes, EMU is universal - but it does c/w accessories like wiring enhance for easy installation

you keen on EMU..... I'm helping a fren to let go a very new set!

Cheers

AL

Edited by A_korusawa

Neutral Newbie

I put a Viper Smart Start module on my 07 with factory remote start option. That allowed me access from anywhere with Internet signal to lock, unlock, start/stop engine, panic, paging alerts of system activity. The newest have GPS mapping as well. Other option can be hooked up as well.

2012 WK2 SRT8 Mineral Gray | BT Catch Can | BT Underhood Goodies | Painted Engine Bay | Bwoody CAI | Custom Washer Setup | Shaved Jeep/Color Matched Liftgate Brow| Chrome Delete | Debadge-ReBadged | 5% Tint All Around | 78% Windshield Tint | Passport 9500ix | TLS Rear Fogs | 5k HID Fogs | 6k LED Running Lights | 8k Bi-Xenon | 6K LED Plate Lights | 6k Interior LED Swap | Borla ATAK | WK1 Borla Reso Swap | Matching eBrake Pedal | Trinity | Modified DS 93 Tune

2013 MERCEDES BENZ SL-CLASS