Cars in Singapore... Need or Wants?

Picanto

I think all depends on wants and dun want ....

I find every thing in sg all expensive ....

Cars

Family

Kids

Being single Lagi expensive

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Being single lagi expensive? [confused]  I would have thought otherwise.

Single - hv to keep up appearance to remain attractive.

Married- wear what wife buys. No need to go gym anymore.... [laugh]

Edited by sake

Single - hv to keep up appearance to remain attractive.

Married- wear what wife buys. No need to go gym anymore.... [laugh]

[laugh] only applies to kidless couples lah  [laugh]

How much does it cost annually to have a normal car like toyota?

If brand new Toyota Altis, personally I would make sure I have at least a stable monthly income of $8000.

So that I don't have to sacrifice other aspects of life, tank the instalment like crazy and still have savings.

Single need to wait until 35 then can apply HDB sia.

And even after that, all the grants go to married couple. Poor single people always suffer

I beg to differ. 

Personal finance cannot be all dependent on government subsidies and grants right?

Of cos not. But when subsidies go to certain groups of people due to their marriage status, it becomes inherently biased and tilted. Let's not go there though this thread is not to talk about HDB policies haha.

I beg to differ. 

Personal finance cannot be all dependent on government subsidies and grants right?

Inherently biased and tilted.. You mean the situation whereby I am not eligible for hdb or the grants despite pink ic holder and served my NS? Hahaha...ok next topic.

Of all cars that I'm going to buy, I rather not buy a Altis.

Its just too unbalanced - dollars against car performance.

Altis compare to any other more performance based cars of same size, I rather put in a bit more money and get that more performance biased car.

Being so that you're not short changed of a soft weak bread and butter car.. and then goes on babbling about how to improve pick up acceleration cornering braking suspension etc..

don't waste time. think what you want, aim for it, buy it.

as long you can afford it.

dont try to save $100 a month installment and then trying very hard to spend a few thousand dollars a year on tyres, wheels, brake kits, suspension, mods or whatever useless snake oils.

Altis compare to any other more performance based cars of same size, I rather put in a bit more money and get that more performance biased car.

Being so that you're not short changed of a soft weak bread and butter car.. and then goes on babbling about how to improve pick up acceleration cornering braking suspension etc..

dont try to save $100 a month installment and then trying very hard to spend a few thousand dollars a year on tyres, wheels, brake kits, suspension, mods or whatever useless snake oils.

Then what car would you buy?

Agree.

Add $3K to get a more powerful and spacious Subaru Forester or add another $13K to get the Forester XT turbo with double the bhp of the Altis, at a fraction extra $.

If brand new Toyota Altis, personally I would make sure I have at least a stable monthly income of $8000.

So that I don't have to sacrifice other aspects of life, tank the instalment like crazy and still have savings.

Wise decision.

But there's is no such thing as a stable income or iron rice bowl now days.

I have seen many of my friends retrenched, and in their place, the co. hires 2 foreign talents, who are willing to settle for lower salary doing the same job.

Then there comes there question of how a Singaporean can survive on lower salary with the high cost of housing and transport, unlike the foreign talent who moves back to his home country after a few years, and is rich like a tycoon after the SGD $ conversion.

• Praise 1

Know of CEO of home grown regional company, stays in modest private apartment, lives a simple lifestyle, multiple ppty investments.

Recently just traded in his 10 yr old cefiro for a new legacy (full cash of course).

Some people earn 30K a month make a big hoo har about what they drive, eat and shit....

Some people earn 100K a month, you wouldn't give him another look when you see him eating at kopitiam in his polo and slacks, they don't even make a pip squeek about it.

There is always a mountain that is higher unless you are mount everest.

In SG got 1 who is mount everest, and he runs our country.

MCF full cash for their BMWs and Mercs? Take a back seat please, this guy can full cash for multiple private condo units in the Orchard district.

*coughcoughnassimjadecough*

• Praise 1

Peeps dun buy altis for performance. Its for fc, reliability, affordable yet durable parts n the chilling aircon. To b fair, altis shud b 1.8 or 2.0.

The Cat A toyota thT i wud have been keen if not for.....Auris. 1.6DI. UK spec, that was briefly avl here.

• Praise 1

Peeps dun buy altis for performance. Its for fc, reliability, affordable yet durable parts n the chilling aircon. To b fair, altis shud b 1.8 or 2.0.

The Cat A toyota thT i wud have been keen if not for.....Auris. 1.6DI. UK spec, that was briefly avl here.

If altis here is 1.8 or 2.0, maybe it will affect their sales, cause car would be in Cat B. Altis 1.6 should be sufficient power enough on the road here la. If you are really looking for performance, you should not consider altis at all, not because altis good or not. Lol.

↡ Advertisement