BMW to offer xDrive AWD like Audi Quattro?

Elviskoh

Neutral Newbie

http://www.sgcarmart.com/news/article.php?AID=3299

http://www.sgcarmart.com/news/article.php?AID=3301

BMW to offer 7 Series and 5 Series Gran Turismo with xDrive AWD system. BMW openly criticized Audi for Quattro and how it lacks the performance and how AWDs is not for real sports/ performance cars and now they are offering AWDs. If BMW is so proud of RWD and they really should stick to RWD and not because increasingly demanding of all-wheel traction then also offering AWDs!

↡ Advertisement

All the three Germans are fierce competitors. Cannot lose out to each other one.

Look at how they keep launching more and more (and some say pointless) models.

but the price never go down due to tax from team thunder...with circle line up ....the motorists will be footing the bill......but honestly it really easy to reach town.. 15min walk to mrt , 10min to reach suntec.. dont need to pay parking erp petrol.. tempting tempting

I thought the xDrive already how long ago liao.

Thought it was offer in some cars (not refer to SUV of course) like the 335xi.

Is is not available in Singapore? I won't be surprise as most buy the xi for winter duty than performance.

I thought the xDrive already how long ago liao.

Thought it was offer in some cars (not refer to SUV of course) like the 335xi.

Is is not available in Singapore? I won't be surprise as most buy the xi for winter duty than performance.

for winter duty? Hmm. Then how come jeremy clarkson proclaimed the BMW x6 to be useless in the ice?

Neutral Newbie

No car is useful in the ice [:)]

I guess X6 is designed to be sports activity vehicle, more like a hybrid of wagon and sports car. Not really those off road SUVs. It is not supposed to be off road nor in the ice :-)

for winter duty? Hmm. Then how come jeremy clarkson proclaimed the BMW x6 to be useless in the ice?

Because the X6 got no low-range gearbox, no locking differential.

AWD alone is not useful in slippery conditions. Must have the system to properly transmit the power appropriately.

X6 is just show-off car only.

Because the X6 got no low-range gearbox, no locking differential.

AWD alone is not useful in slippery conditions. Must have the system to properly transmit the power appropriately.

X6 is just show-off car only.

haiz. another useless car. no wonder the british like the Range rovers so much. More luxurious somemore.

Edited by Alfisti168

well then again none of these cars would have existed..including the infamous GTRs,EVos and WRXes if audi didnt made the bold move of introducing quattro into rallying thirty years ago... [thumbsup] I bet only a handful of them only heard of the audi sport quattro or even seen one running arnd in SG

Neutral Newbie

BMW not only follow offer four wheel drive systems, BMW also confirmed it would finally follow other luxury rivals

sorry can someone enlighthen me on the difference between the "HighLine" and "Face Lift" models.

What does a e92 325i Highline mean as compared to a standard version

And what does the "Faclieft" version mean?

thks

sorry can someone enlighthen me on the difference between the "HighLine" and "Face Lift" models.

What does a e92 325i Highline mean as compared to a standard version

And what does the "Faclieft" version mean?

thks

if i'm not wrong, highline is where you will pay more so that they throw in all the good stuff for the car.

facelift is the same model but they tweaked the car's design.

Neutral Newbie

There is no AWD technology like quattro ;) Thats one of the reasons why the new RS5 is called the M3 killer ;)

Look the video and you're going to learn something - LINK.

Turbocharged

Seems like alot of awwwdeee fan boys here these days. People do AWD also buay song say copy cat. Premium Automobiles doing quite well these days so still have to resort to bashing rivals online? :D

xdrive is BMW's AWD systems....

it has already been on their cars since years ago, but only on SUV's such as the X3 and X5.

all cars are useless on ice, hence special spike/ chain has to be put on tyres for traction on ice.

and BMW will be making FWD cars in the future, not only for cost cutting measures and for the economy, but also because customers have feedbacked that despite driving a RWD car (ala 1-Series), to them, it felt exactly the same as driving a RWD car.

BMW's Highline is like a customizing option for their cars (comes with glossy and dark chromed paint finishes), whereas a facelift is an update on the appearance of the car.

hope it helps.

Land rover also reported make FWD cars...Maybe the world will really end in 2012....

↡ Advertisement