Good & Tasty Taiwan Porridge

Blackseal

Goldleaf New Taiwan Porridge Restaurant (Thomson Plaza)

Address:

301 Upper Thomson Road

#01-112 Thomson Plaza

Tel: +65 6459 9180

Opening hours

Daily

10am

Edited by Blackseal
↡ Advertisement

Goldleaf New Taiwan Porridge Restaurant (Amoy Street)

Address

110 Amoy Street

#01-00

Tel: +65 6324 3268

Opening hours

Daily

11.30am

These are the dishes I would personally recommend for first timers :

1) Pan fried dory with special in house sauce.

2) Steam pork with egg yolk

3) Oh hiam with very nice home made chilli sauce

4) Bean sprout with salted fish

5) Deep fried fish in black sauce...pardon me but forgot the name...start with a "T"

6) Egg Fu Rong

5) Deep fried fish in black sauce...pardon me but forgot the name...start with a "T"

6) Egg Fu Rong

1) Pan fried dory with special in house sauce - that is cod fish: the owner goes to fishery port to buy the fish himself to ensure freshness

tamban fish with special sauce

i like this place too! i go there all the time for my taiwan porridge fix! try their three cup chicken and mei cai kou rou, very very nice!

Think it's something like Black Sesame fried fish.. Something like that. I'll recognise it if I see the menu again. That's my fav dish from the restuarant too

Goldleaf New Taiwan Porridge Restaurant (Thomson Plaza)

Address:

301 Upper Thomson Road

#01-112 Thomson Plaza

Tel: +65 6459 9180

Opening hours

Daily

10am

is it the one near the hakka restaurant?

hmm. dont remember any hakka restaurant.

what is hakka btw? [laugh]

it's near the thomson plaza..

but nearer to the reservoir that side.

next to the petrol station (i think spc or what).

i think opposite got shell petrol kiosk.

that row of shophouse very happening one.

got a pub, got many other small restaurants, got ivins etc etc.

6) Egg Fu Rong

i would go for the bloody c0ckles too

One of my favourite taiwan porridge restaurant. Didn't know they're open 'til midnite. Usually go there during the day.

The other is Oasis Taiwan Porridge Restaurant in Toa Payoh opposite Toa Payoh Hub at Toa Payoh Garden. It serves as good and tasty porridge and dishes.

BTW, does any bro/sis here knows where I can go for a good chicken porridge? There used to be one at Bedok corner but it's no longer around. Only one I now know is at Lagoon HC but it's not as good as the one at Bedok Corner (opp the army camp).

Cheers [thumbsup]

I love the porridge restaurant at Toa payoh, within the park or garden one. although dishes are common, but they are delicious. maybe thats just me. costs wise, some people find it affordable, some find it not worthwhile to pay such prices for such normal homecooked style of dishes. but i find it ok, because i don't get to eat food like this back at home [laugh] (not even half close) :angry:

the last time i visited, quite awhile back, they didnt have proper parking. need to park opposite and cross over. especially at night when stadium parking is closed already or full. i hope they have done something about it because when i asked the staff, they said they were applying for some license to build some lots infront of the restaurant.

The Taiwan porridge restaurant got buffet?

I don't think these restaurants serve buffet. Toa Payoh Oasis restaurant serves free flow porridge while for Gold Leaf, you may need to order each time you need another bowl.

Have fun eating [:p]

I love the porridge restaurant at Toa payoh, within the park or garden one. although dishes are common, but they are delicious. maybe thats just me. costs wise, some people find it affordable, some find it not worthwhile to pay such prices for such normal homecooked style of dishes. but i find it ok, because i don't get to eat food like this back at home [laugh] (not even half close) :angry:

the last time i visited, quite awhile back, they didnt have proper parking. need to park opposite and cross over. especially at night when stadium parking is closed already or full. i hope they have done something about it because when i asked the staff, they said they were applying for some license to build some lots infront of the restaurant.

Yes. There are parking lots in front of the restaurant now for their patrons. Guess they got their license liao.

I think it is good for families and groups. Price wise and value for $$$, guess it depends on the individuals. Maybe we bump into each other without knowing ya [:p]

Enjoy eating [sunny]

Is this oasis porridge last time situated at around indoor stadium there? Ever since that place close down, i dunno where they shifted to le, hope its the tpy one