Porsche announces Panamera with 300-hp V6

Blackseal

I agree. I get this unfounded-stereotyping imagination that super cars with four doors are usually purchase decisions made by wealthy folks who had to include his/her family as part of the "deal".

By that time, the road will be flooded with it like BMW.

Anyway, Panamera is for old man.

↡ Advertisement

Hi, any feedback on the Panamera Edition PDK 3.6 (petrol) please?

Went for TD and thought it handles very well for such a large vehicle. Have never driven the Carrera, Cayman or the SUV range before, so my basis of comparison is between Pana and the usual Germans.

Also, do owners find visibility an issue when raining? The rear viper cost 1.5k as an option...

Looks are subjective. Please leave it out of your analysis. Thanks! :D

Edited by Weez911

Hi, any feedback on the Panamera Edition PDK 3.6 (petrol) please?

Went for TD and thought it handles very well for such a large vehicle. Have never driven the Carrera, Cayman or the SUV range before, so my basis of comparison is between Pana and the usual Germans.

Also, do owners find visibility an issue when raining? The rear viper cost 1.5k as an option...

Looks are subjective. Please leave it out of your analysis. Thanks! :D

Rear wiper unnecessary.

Save your $1.5k

• Praise 4

Oops, my wife ticked that box last weekend.

You spend close to half a mil for a car, why worry about 1.5k ? I find the rear wiper quite useful especially for non sedan car, the rear windscreen tends to get more dirty when raining. A rear wiper will come in handy when needed. I have a mpv with a wiper behind and a sedan without, at times i wish the sedan could have a rear wiper after so use to having one on the mpv.
  • Praise 2

One of the reasons why i didnt buy a Panamera was the ugly butt.

The front is very nice.

This new Panamera has got a much nicer butt sportier rear, thumbs up.

Howver it somewhat reminds me of my neighbors A7 sportback.

Overall an improvement. Well done.

Boh lui buey, hai...

(edited)

2017 Porsche Panamera Turbo

2017-porsche-panamera-spy-photo.jpg2017-porsche-panamera-spy-photo.jpg2017-porsche-panamera-spy-photo.jpg2017-porsche-panamera-spy-photo.jpg2017-porsche-panamera-spy-photo.jpg2017-porsche-panamera-spy-photo.jpg2017-porsche-panamera-spy-photo.jpg2017-porsche-panamera-spy-photo.jpg

Caught undergoing testing in Germany, the redesigned hatchback has familiar styling but designers carefully honed the model's appearance so it is significantly more attractive than its predecessor. Starting up front, we can see a new front fascia with LED turn signals and evolutionary headlights.

The car has also been equipped with a sculpted hood, front fender vents, and aerodynamic door-mounted mirrors. Moving further back, there's a sportier roofline, muscular rear fenders, and a dual exhaust system.

The Panamera Turbo goes one step further as it is distinguished by a sportier front bumper, unique LED turn signals, and round fog lights. The car also has a four-tailpipe exhaust system and lightweight alloy wheels that are backed up by a high-performance braking system with yellow calipers.

Porsche has been tight-lipped about specifications but the model will ride on the all-new MSB platform that uses aluminum, high-strength steel, and lightweight composites. This will enable the 2017 Panamera to be significantly lighter than its predecessor.

Engine options remain unconfirmed but we can expect a variety of different powertrains including an entry-level V6, a mid-range V8, and a Turbo variant with a biturbo 4.0-liter V8 engine. The company will also offer a plug-in hybrid variant and a diesel-powered model.

Edited by Carbon82
  • Praise 6

Twincharged

Improvement in looks [thumbsup]

For me, hope the rear can sit 3 with the new model ...

If can seat 3 at the back, sure even more popular. But probably would not happen.