Aplogy if i hurt ur male ego

Mindbox33

Jus to share this incident n probably apologise to this driver..

i was leaving my fren hse..travelling on this punggol field rd heading punggol plaza. stopped at a red light junction w quite nos of cars on both lanes. after the junction, LEFT side is whole stretch of HDB blk w many carpark entrance/exit point. right side is LRT track.

green light on...i was on right lane.. this black saloon car A (din remember wat car) was in front me.. n 1x mini bus B infront of tis black saloon car..moving off... left lane also many cars moving off slowly... tis mini bus honestly was very slow la... so car A start to lane change to left lane... 50% of his car into left lane.. i pick up to close the gap.. but he suddenly change back to right lane (coz left side traffic much more slower). i had to brake to giveway. so back to square 1.

few metres later... after he pass the slow moving car on the left.. he start to lane change to left... slightly more than 50% car body into left lane...i pick up to close the gap.. he suddenly swerve back again... reason: taxi stopped to pick up passenger. so i brake again... not knowing how many times car A wan to try this way of driving.. so i horn him 2 times.. i guess its those 1 sec horn x 2 times. he jam brake in front of me.. switch left tis time... so i side by side w him.. he wind down window.. start swearing n scolding.. w gestures. me jus totally dun care.

he pick up speed n move forward, hazard light n stop by left side of road.. think he wanted me to stop together w him to talk.. but i jus carry on driving on my right lane. never once i look at him or any gestures. he chase me..side by side n swearing again. i right u-turn to avoid same road...

anyway to Car A buddy... if my horn did hurt u watever way of so.. i apologised to u, sincerely. because of tis, i neva react to ur challenge.. but cooling down to think.. u wan to enjoy the comfort on driving on both lanes so that u can take ur chance to overtake the mini bus is kinda not considerate to others..hope u understand.

lastly, my sincere apology to u.

Edited by Mindbox33
↡ Advertisement

i guess my apology is for my horn to him.. tats y he react so badly towards me. tats y i also did not look at him for any possible further confrontation.

Neutral Newbie

he drive like he own the road... you horn him is to warn him his wrong doing.. but instead he take it otherwise.. that y there a thread that say singaporean driver cant horn at them... the moment they heard horn, they become beast ...

For me, horning is consider a warning for danger. For lots of other big-ego people, it's like a catalyst which ignites their rage. So can just ignore such people. [laugh]

i agree with the view of most people here, horning is nothing wrong, it's to warn of danger--moreover this time is beep beep short horn, not aggressive one!

But let me pose add-on question to all, because this some times bother me:

TS horned the guy and the guy dulan make a big fuss want to fight right? TS did the right thing be being level-headed and ignore---I was in TS position before also, now here is the question!

what if, WHAT IF, you see, now that the other aggressive party want to find problem, and he know your car plate number, car colour, model etc, WHAT IF he got the means to track your addrss (dont ask me, but im sure people got CSI skillz) then is like a time bomb waiting to explode, you dont know WHEN something MIGHT happen to your car, see?

scared the bugger might smash your windscreen or what, i say, for a week after the incident, night time cannot sleep well---and for the most of us live in HDB, and if you dont (and most dont) have in-car cctv recorder, no proof nothing, how sia, if your car kena f--k by this bugger who cannot swallow it?

think here think there, i seldom use my horn unless near-accident cases! please share your views, i have had many a worrying week because of such rubbish in the past;

BR,

Kenny

i agree with the view of most people here, horning is nothing wrong, it's to warn of danger--moreover this time is beep beep short horn, not aggressive one!

But let me pose add-on question to all, because this some times bother me:

TS horned the guy and the guy dulan make a big fuss want to fight right? TS did the right thing be being level-headed and ignore---I was in TS position before also, now here is the question!

what if, WHAT IF, you see, now that the other aggressive party want to find problem, and he know your car plate number, car colour, model etc, WHAT IF he got the means to track your addrss (dont ask me, but im sure people got CSI skillz) then is like a time bomb waiting to explode, you dont know WHEN something MIGHT happen to your car, see?

scared the bugger might smash your windscreen or what, i say, for a week after the incident, night time cannot sleep well---and for the most of us live in HDB, and if you dont (and most dont) have in-car cctv recorder, no proof nothing, how sia, if your car kena f--k by this bugger who cannot swallow it?

think here think there, i seldom use my horn unless near-accident cases! please share your views, i have had many a worrying week because of such rubbish in the past;

BR,

Kenny

Frankly speaking, i never horn the car infront of me, but becos of that car i kena horn by the car behind me for giving way to the car infront of me, how leh...............

you pick up to close the gap? assuming your intention is to close the gap after the car has cut in but he may have thought you close the gap to prevent him from flitering in instead....... and followed by the horn.... he got pissed off.... possible?

anyway you close the gap is purposely or what? i encounter quite a few drivers whose car has this sudden burst of acceleration whenever i tried to fliter in front of them...... thought they wanted to be in my slipstream [sly]

Reading your story of this saloon and especially the mini-bus reminds me of something.......it is just me or are there more mini-buses/heavy vehicles nowadays that like to use and hog the center, as well as the rightmost lane?

For these past 2 days, I've met countless occasions where 2 of such vehicles will be travelling on the center and rightmost lanes, and the funny thing is, they'll be side by side, as if trying to race and see who is SLOWER, because they're travelling at less than 50km/h. (I know, because I was stucked behind one of those) On these few occasions, other drivers LL just have to overtake them from the leftmost lane.

Can be really frustrating at times.

you pick up to close the gap? assuming your intention is to close the gap after the car has cut in but he may have thought you close the gap to prevent him from flitering in instead....... and followed by the horn.... he got pissed off.... possible?

anyway you close the gap is purposely or what? i encounter quite a few drivers whose car has this sudden burst of acceleration whenever i tried to fliter in front of them...... thought they wanted to be in my slipstream [sly]

nvm..juz managed to understand ur statement. both of u in same lane and he wanna go left but failed hence swerved back. lolx

Edited by So_nice

well, i think the 2 lanes are filled w cars moving forward... i also dun wan to be horn by the car behind me at for being slow to move up... i guess its a common style by many drivers tat if the car in front of u move away to other lane.. we tend to move forward.. isnt it?

for ur first question: my intention was clear, i close in because he already 50% into other lane.. then he cut back suddenly coz the lane he is switching in got a much more slower car, so he swerve in again. so i brake n let him come in - FIRST TIME. courtesy rite? no question asked.

2nd time, he tried again.. slightly more than 50% change to left lane... 'oh s--t..got taxi stop'...so he swerve back once again... now tis time then i horn tis time... not the first time.

so am i being danger driving by slowing picking up my speed to close the gap? i give way first time... but 2nd time, i let him come in again... then i press my horn to alert him.

TS was on the right lane, he has the right to move but that car on left trying to move in and out, TS let him filter one time and he try to do it again when he got stuck on the left lane again, then TS horn him ...

i think for sure bro

that stretch of road is really CB one

left side sometimes got taxi stop or worse illegal parking

right side got to be aware of pedestrians who sometimes just dash from the bushes

anyway opposite of the road you travelling is where the poor kindergarden kid was killed by the subaru car

up till now still got a lot of jay walking

i guess the kid was not elite enough to warrant a make over for pedestrian crossing along that stretch

anyway, its over... i sincerely apologise to that Bro who i have horned jus now.. i caused the misunderstanding....

but i hope he can cool down n think fr my point of view.. matter of fact is - when u swerve in the both times, i did not press my pedal HARD to close up n STOP u from coming in.. in fact, i press my brake to let u come in both time... n my horn only came in after the 2nd time.

hope he have cool down already...

↡ Advertisement