Any good electrician to recommend?

Berncsp76

Hi all, [wave] intend to change the whole electrical circuit board and wires for my 4-room flat. Any bros/sis here have nice and trusty guy to recommend?

Wana change coz planning to install aircon system then my flat has remain status quo since 1982. Scared that it will short circuit. [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement

Hi all, [wave] intend to change the whole electrical circuit board and wires for my 4-room flat. Any bros/sis here have nice and trusty guy to recommend?

Wana change coz planning to install aircon system then my flat has remain status quo since 1982. Scared that it will short circuit. [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

the cost is around $4000

thats the price they quote my uncle to rewiring his 5 room flat

wow...thats quite high...mine was without any false ceiling and hidden wires, all external ones, and dun need any down lights and fanciful points, just need aircon points for the rooms...possible to do it for $1.5k? [sweatdrop]

I have a friend in this line and he quoted each point about $50-$100 depending on what needed, all in all I think my house power point about 17-18 so need to add in another 3-4 aircon points and water heater points. Wana get more quote before deciding.

Btw roughly need how many days to rewire the whole house?

wow...thats quite high...mine was without any false ceiling and hidden wires, all external ones, and dun need any down lights and fanciful points, just need aircon points for the rooms...possible to do it for $1.5k? [sweatdrop]

I have a friend in this line and he quoted each point about $50-$100 depending on what needed, all in all I think my house power point about 17-18 so need to add in another 3-4 aircon points and water heater points. Wana get more quote before deciding.

Btw roughly need how many days to rewire the whole house?

Bro re-wiring works for the entire house may cost around 3000 +/- depending on the nos of lighting points , power supply points

( 1 x 13amps and 2 x 13amps ) , nos of telephone points , scv points and lastly ECB . Additional amount will be added approx. S$250 - S$300 if you

want testing done . S$1500 is close to impossible . Days needed is around 3 - 4 days . Hope the above helps .

Edited by Drunkclubber

Labour is expensive + cost of wires (copper) has sky-rocketed in the past few years = $3 to 4K easily. It is amazing how much copper price has risen!

here's one quotation i got in March,

Lighting point 10

Single socket point 10

Air- con point 1

Heater point 1

$900.00

Circuit Breaker $300.00

Change 10 single to 10 double socket Point $150.00

PACKAGE FOR 4 ROOM FLAT $1,350.00

Edited by Budgetice

Neutral Newbie

$2-3k sounds about right.

If you want to do the proper documentation, PUB inspection, etc, add another $200-300.

(this was done in Feb/Mar this year)

MCB 1 around $50+, the box around $100+ since hdb not the big metal kind,so for box n MCBs around 600+ since theres not alot MCBs for HDB flat

1 point in lighting or switch market rate is $40-$80 depend who u get,same like telephone line..(this is all include wiring,not just the sockets only)

so if got 20 points mixture around $800-1k+

isolator for aircon is $200-$250 include laying of the wire to the point

so TS,a rough guide for u

Hi all bros thanks for your recommendations!! will take into consideration. :D

Seems like 1 of the bros the 1k+ quote quite reasonable. Will check it out also.

Your neighbourhood market dun have an electrician?

haha bro mine in central area, lots of dubious electrician hiding somewhere leh... [sweatdrop]

Especially those malaysian types which I see alot on the road nowadays...scary...

MCB 1 around $50+, the box around $100+ since hdb not the big metal kind,so for box n MCBs around 600+ since theres not alot MCBs for HDB flat

1 point in lighting or switch market rate is $40-$80 depend who u get,same like telephone line..(this is all include wiring,not just the sockets only)

so if got 20 points mixture around $800-1k+

isolator for aircon is $200-$250 include laying of the wire to the point

so TS,a rough guide for u

bro can PM me the contact? thanks. [laugh]

↡ Advertisement