I was thinking about car modding and long distance drives..

Ev0lutionz

For example, one STI owner mods to about 500-600bhp but he still has the 50L tank.. How would he tahan the drive to malaysian assuming he has the dough for the gas? Isnt it very troublesome to stop at every gas station u see just to get it up to full tank?

↡ Advertisement

Well that's what you should expect to get if you do these kind of things.

Drivers of high-performance supercars who drive across long distances in Europe, also same what.

Well that's what you should expect to get if you do these kind of things.

Drivers of high-performance supercars who drive across long distances in Europe, also same what.

But they have big tanks. at least 90L?

But they have big tanks. at least 90L?

Not entirely true. My cars are tuned, the overall fuel economy does drop but for cruising on a clear highway, still can maintain 6.4km/L using cruise control - which of course means not accessing the extra power under a steady state condition. It's when you floor the throttle that the consumption becomes very poor and you utilize your full power.

Max power typically comes at the end of the rev band, and max torque at the mid of the rev band. So at 2,000 rpm, you will only be producing a fraction of the power at the engine. This means your throttle wld be lightly depressed, and fuel flow into your engine is low and your consumption will be manageable. Just don't overtake anybody...

Its subjective. A 500bhp STI under normal conditions, boosting, cruising around 160-180 with the occasional speed up to 200km+, has around 1/4 petrol left at Ayer Keroh (209km), a 430bhp WRX has slightly more than 1/4 petrol left at Ayer Keroh under the same conditions.

A 1.6 Lancer CS3 cruising around 160-180, occasionally going up to 200+ kmh, has around 1/2 tank left.

Its not about really about the speed and power a car is putting out, most of the time, it depends on tuning, injector size and also driving style.

indeed troublesome :D .

fairlady 350z got 80l thank, 370z got 72l, GTR got 71l.

even my ride got 70l. KNS wrx or sti modd till 500 horses only got 50l of juices.

no point lah.

For example, one STI owner mods to about 500-600bhp but he still has the 50L tank.. How would he tahan the drive to malaysian assuming he has the dough for the gas? Isnt it very troublesome to stop at every gas station u see just to get it up to full tank?

what does this suppose to mean? :D .

Its subjective. A 500bhp STI under normal conditions, boosting, cruising around 160-180 with the occasional speed up to 200km+, has around 1/4 petrol left at Ayer Keroh (209km), a 430bhp WRX has slightly more than 1/4 petrol left at Ayer Keroh under the same conditions.

A 1.6 Lancer CS3 cruising around 160-180, occasionally going up to 200+ kmh, has around 1/2 tank left.

Its not about really about the speed and power a car is putting out, most of the time, it depends on tuning, injector size and also driving style.

u'r uttering rubbish

indeed troublesome :D .

fairlady 350z got 80l thank, 370z got 72l, GTR got 71l.

even my ride got 70l. KNS wrx or sti modd till 500 horses only got 50l of juices.

no point lah.

U sure base rex or sti has only a 50 L tank?

nope, I am quoting TS:

"For example, one STI owner mods to about 500-600bhp but he still has the 50L tank.."

U sure base rex or sti has only a 50 L tank?

what does this suppose to mean? :D .

That its not just about the horsepower, since a 500bhp+ bhp car and a 1.6litre car has a difference of just 1/4 tank over the same distance and mileage with the same driving style.

What has the biggest effect is tuning & how you drive.

Agree to your insight to certain extent...

but driving STi or Rex will still come with that thirst. it is not going to be better than 13km/l that kind of FC.

Somemore, not knowing the tank capacity, if based on TS's understanding of 50l... then really no point in modding to 500horses... maybe that tank is only designed for that stock STi/ Rex...

That its not just about the horsepower, since a 500bhp+ bhp car and a 1.6litre car has a difference of just 1/4 tank over the same distance and mileage with the same driving style.

What has the biggest effect is tuning & how you drive.

actually thats not the only prob bro.

drove up to malaysia till cameron highlands that time with my brother's rex. his rex turbo red hot but my sc no prob leh.

actually thats not the only prob bro.

drove up to malaysia till cameron highlands that time with my brother's rex. his rex turbo red hot but my sc no prob leh.

You drove up via Tapah?

You drove up via Tapah?

yes. went down using the new (longer route though)

power definitely no prob for us esp overtaking.

haha but my modded sc merc never increase in temp. still maintain after driving hundreds of km non-stop while his modded tc rex heat up alot