Anyone installed headlight booster cable?

Mooscenic

(edited)

Hi all,

Just want to check if anyone has installed these headlight booster cables before and if anyone has any feedback if it really helps brighten or boost the brightness of the headlights after installing?

I have found these 2 products online and wish to know if anyone has installed it before and can offer any feedback if they work to make the car's headlight brighter and also how does these devices' technology enhance the brightness of the headlights?

1. Light Enhancer Cable - http://www.rdyautocare.com/index.php?main_...;products_id=40

2. Headlight Booster Cable - http://www.ysh.com.sg/car-acce-booster1.htm

Thanks all for any feedback on these products as I am basically looking to make my headlight brighter without opting to go the HID conversion route.

Moooooooooooo

Edited by Mooscenic
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

I'm using. Don't let the name of this product fool you with its "high-tech" words. It's just a couple of normal relays and wires and connectors, period. What it does is very straightforward, it bypasses the stock (thinner) wires of your headlights and draws current directly from the battery to supply to your headlights. As such, you can upgrade your bulbs from 55W to 90W without risk of melting your stock wiring. Higher wattage = brighter lights. Just take note, some plastic headlight lenses or reflectors inside the headlights may not be able to withstand the higher heat output and start to blister/fade.

Neutral Newbie

Brighter lights can be considered a passive safety feature as it allows you to see further and wider. But, IF and only IF the headlight beams are properly adjusted to minimize glare to other road users. SG roads are well lit, though there are some roads or carparks that are still rather dark. Very useful if going up north though.

Problem with most SG car owners is, upgrade lights to HID, 130W halogen etc, but never adjust beam height and projection width. Worse, use HID bulbs that don't have a built-in shield on reflector headlights, allowing the light to be thrown everywhere but on the road ahead.

Some of the lights.. so bright until very irritating.. Plus singpoare is sooooo bright... -.-

Make me conclude that these drivers did it with one purpose..i.e. to blind those drivers who look back at them [laugh] .

Otherwise, I can't think of a reason.

Regards,

Neutral Newbie

Agreed pls don't install and become a road nuisance, roads are well lit here

These are known as headlight wire harness - as all wires/products have shelf life. A car headlight wire harness should be upgraded/changed (in my opinion) every 5-6 years. As a vehicle wire harness gets older, they cannot carry the amps/wattage as when they were new. A normal set should cost less than the labour needed to have them changed best to DIY.........

Neutral Newbie

All these light booster or whatever you call it is a total waste of time and money. if it really sell or work so well, why ppl is going for HID instead?

If u want stock and moderately brighter then stock bulb, go get a OSRAM Nightbreaker is wiser choice.

All these light booster or whatever you call it is a total waste of time and money. if it really sell or work so well, why ppl is going for HID instead?

If u want stock and moderately brighter then stock bulb, go get a OSRAM Nightbreaker is wiser choice.

================

I tried Osram NB b4. They dont last. Blew only after a few months. Others also had same problem with them. I suspect they just use a thinner filament to get a brighter light but it wont last. [thumbsdown]

Maybe can consider Philips as a better alternative. I used Philips VisionPlus b4 & they lasted >3 years till I sold the car. Now I think no more VP so can try their new replacement model. I cant remember the name though.

Im now using Philips Premium. Abt 30% brighter than stock & about $10ea. Now >1 year & still [thumbsup]

Next time I get the VP replacement as its abt 50% brighter than stock. Long ago when I bought VP was only abt $30/pr( It was only $24/pr when 1st sold). Now I think abt $50 already. They also have Crystal Vision(abt $80/pr) & Diamond Vision but I think DV is not street legal cos its too bright.

They r not necessary for SG roads but damm useful if u drive up north often. But I liked the nice wide & even spread of light from my VPs b4. [thumbsup]

================

I tried Osram NB b4. They dont last. Blew only after a few months. Others also had same problem with them. I suspect they just use a thinner filament to get a brighter light but it wont last. [thumbsdown]

Maybe can consider Philips as a better alternative. I used Philips VisionPlus b4 & they lasted >3 years till I sold the car. Now I think no more VP so can try their new replacement model. I cant remember the name though.

Im now using Philips Premium. Abt 30% brighter than stock & about $10ea. Now >1 year & still [thumbsup]

Next time I get the VP replacement as its abt 50% brighter than stock. Long ago when I bought VP was only abt $30/pr( It was only $24/pr when 1st sold). Now I think abt $50 already. They also have Crystal Vision(abt $80/pr) & Diamond Vision but I think DV is not street legal cos its too bright.

They r not necessary for SG roads but damm useful if u drive up north often. But I liked the nice wide & even spread of light from my VPs b4. [thumbsup]

bro i suspect the osram night breaker that u use are fakes. My set of nightbreakers last well over 9mths n still working until i scrap my car. Previous set of normal osram bulbs last more than 4years. Osrams automotive bulbs are made in germany, if those seller of nightbreakers say their stocks are made in china, india, malaysia etc.. Other than in germnay, very high chance of them being fakes. Fakes dun last, only the original german made ones last.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Hi

My Philip GT last only 9 months.

Box mention made in Germany.

Osram Silverstar left side last 5 while right side 6 month.

Bought from Autobac.

both have thin filament which burn out or broke.

did not touch the glass surface when install.

Edited by Starlet

bro i suspect the osram night breaker that u use are fakes. My set of nightbreakers last well over 9mths n still working until i scrap my car. Previous set of normal osram bulbs last more than 4years. Osrams automotive bulbs are made in germany, if those seller of nightbreakers say their stocks are made in china, india, malaysia etc.. Other than in germnay, very high chance of them being fakes. Fakes dun last, only the original german made ones last.

==============

I checked the box & it says Made in Germany.

Not only me. Several pple on the forums had a very short life (abt 3-4 months) for the NB. I suspect their manufacturing method is a bit [knife] to get the 80-90% brighter light.

I used Philips VP b4 & they did last a long time. Im now back to Philips Premium which is about 30% brighter & only $10/ea. [thumbsup]

I prob wont get anymore Osram high output bulbs & prefer to stick with Philips. The NB cost me >$70/pr & to blow in so few months makes them damm ex. [sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement