Those on eibach springs..

so far any problem's with your ride or any negative effect so far?

will be changing it next week. heard it's one of the best in terms of comfy level.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Not all Eibach setups are comfy. It would be best to check with owners of the same model as on paper, it always sounds good. Some setups are too low & easy to bottom out.

Not all Eibach setups are comfy. It would be best to check with owners of the same model as on paper, it always sounds good. Some setups are too low & easy to bottom out.

Thanks for the feedback. I've been reading reviews on Eibach Pro-Kit series and so far no negative feedbacks on it. Heard it's pretty compatible & friendly to default stock absorber.

however, it would be great if the bros here can give feedbacks especially on what car model they are driving and the comfort level after changing to Eibach Pro-Kit.

Supersonic

I like to think that eibach are better engineered specific for your car.

For mine, it's as comfortable as stock, although going fast over bump is a bit more "bumpy".

I think no choice due to the lowering.

It's not as crazy as some other makes, which really lower until not much space between the wheel and the fender.

The negative is that lowering spring as a whole will stress the stock shock absorber and eibach is expensive.

I finally installed koni as well, to complement eibach.

I like to think that eibach are better engineered specific for your car.

For mine, it's as comfortable as stock, although going fast over bump is a bit more "bumpy".

I think no choice due to the lowering.

It's not as crazy as some other makes, which really lower until not much space between the wheel and the fender.

The negative is that lowering spring as a whole will stress the stock shock absorber and eibach is expensive.

I finally installed koni as well, to complement eibach.

Hi Bro, thanks for the precious feedback.

Any reason why you said it's better engineered for Avante?

I've been looking around for Coilover & Lowering spring for sometimes. There are many brands out there e.g ING1, Techpro and misc.. Just to name some.. however, i heard that Eibach is one of the best lowering spring that is friendly to stock absorber. Infact, i have the intention to get D2 coilover but due to some negative feedback and price gap.. i decided on lowering spring instead.

How's the total performance and comfy level after complementing both Koni & Eibach?

Supersonic

I didn't mention specifically Avante, but eibach is well known to make good springs. They are also powder coated to prevent rust/corrosion.

You can google youtube on how eibach make their springs.

My koni is adjustable, so if set to the least firm, the comfort level is as far as I can tell, similar to stock car.

If I set it to the firmest, then it does get bumpy, especially on KPE. [laugh]

I didn't mention specifically Avante, but eibach is well known to make good springs. They are also powder coated to prevent rust/corrosion.

You can google youtube on how eibach make their springs.

My koni is adjustable, so if set to the least firm, the comfort level is as far as I can tell, similar to stock car.

If I set it to the firmest, then it does get bumpy, especially on KPE. [laugh]

[laugh]

Cos you said "I like to think that eibach are better engineered specific for your car."

I can't access youtube in office leh.. maybe i will do some research tonight.

Supersonic

I do know a recent case, where Tein lowering springs was sold for Avante and Forte.

They happened to be the same model. Question is, not all cars are built the same, so why same model of spring?

My friend had a problem after fitting it for his Koup and the seller propose to feedback to the manufacturer.

To me, that's quite fishy.

Aftermarket spring or shocks should be customed make and suitable only for individual car models.

(edited)

I do know a recent case, where Tein lowering springs was sold for Avante and Forte.

They happened to be the same model. Question is, not all cars are built the same, so why same model of spring?

My friend had a problem after fitting it for his Koup and the seller propose to feedback to the manufacturer.

To me, that's quite fishy.

Aftermarket spring or shocks should be customed make and suitable only for individual car models.

I don't think springs are built to accommodate two different models. Like the old saying, to each its own. Was the seller driving a Koup perviously? Could be faulty springs IMO.

Edited by Versatile

2nd Gear

im on apex springs. very satisfied i must say.

mated it with KYB thou... not too good..

im on apex springs. very satisfied i must say.

mated it with KYB thou... not too good..

I read about Apex spring too.. the local distributor and installer is located at Sin Ming right?

2nd Gear

I read about Apex spring too.. the local distributor and installer is located at Sin Ming right?

yupz. thats right.

i was told apex are one of the better springs in the mkt. not too ex also.

I am on Eibach Pro-kit matched with Bilstein B8 lower shock. It does perform well on cupping corner and it handle very well. Abit more like coilover feeling jus tat not adjusteable. Overall I like it very much but sometime it really bumpy when rd condition is not smooth.

Neutral Newbie

Those who find their lowered springs too low can add the Spring Adjuster or similar products to increase the gap between the springs thereby increasing the ride height.

2nd Gear

Those who find their lowered springs too low can add the Spring Adjuster or similar products to increase the gap between the springs thereby increasing the ride height.

if u get the correct springs the gap should be just nice.

Neutral Newbie

True, but that is just aesthetics. It may look 'chio' but too low the under carriage will have problems clearing road humps and the dampers aka shock absorbers will bottom out causing damage. It is about getting a balance in handling, looks and practicality in your daily use. The ideal is to get coilovers but lowered springs can do the job as long as it is not too lowered.

Thanks to all the valuable advises. Appreciated. I've pre-ordered my Eibach spring and will be installing it next week. Would be advisable to do Wheel Alightment & Tyre balance/rotation after installation?

I changed from stock 15" to 17" but w/o rotation but somehow it feel jerky during gear 2. Could it be the case of 15 > 17" issue?

Bro, you may wanna do your alignment say after 1 week installing the Eibach springs so as to let the springs settle swee swee ... [;)]

↡ Advertisement