Must try food in Ipoh

Enye

Hypersonic

Please give recommendations on food in Ipoh.

Much appreciate if you can provide the details e.g. restaurant name and address.

Thanks.

↡ Advertisement

Please give recommendations on food in Ipoh.

Much appreciate if you can provide the details e.g. restaurant name and address.

Thanks.

Chicken tauge Sar Hor Fun

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/33603373

Jalan Guntong, Buntong New Village, Ipoh

open from 6pm, close on Tuesday

Ipoh Chicken Hor Fun

Kong Heng Restaurant,

Jalan Bandar Timah (Ipoh Old Town area)

But dun eat the Chicken hor fun from this shop, that guy got attitude problem. Try the stall in the coffee shop next to it with blue painted door, I forget the coffeeshop name, just next to it only.

My favourite beef noodle also situated in this coffee shop. My mum's favourite Chee cheong fun, ever since she was a school kid, also in this shop [laugh]

Oh yes, you can find nice pork and pig's organ satay in this shop... yumm yumm (non-halal)

Further down the road on the other end, a coffee shop name Nam Chau, famous for dry curry chicken noodle.

Further further down the road, you will find a coffee shop named Sin Yuen Loong, famous renowned white coffee where they said the current Old Town White coffee came from, but in Ipoh, almost all coffee shop sells nice white coffee.

In Jalan King, Pasir Pinji new village, you can find a hawker center where they sell famous Ipoh style yong tow foo. They fried the bean curd on the spot. Local know that place as "tai swee geok" (cantonese - Big tree leg [laugh] )

If u got patient to wait an hour for a "steam on the spot" chee cheong fun, u can go to Jalan Pasir Pinji 5. This is a village house, not coffee shop. They sell the chee cheong fun in their house compound. Need to take queue number, but it's worth the wait, at least for me.

Bro,

Maybe you can go to this webby - http://www.journeymalaysia.com/MC_ipohfood.htm

I alway frequent ipoh, but normally is my girlfriend is the one driving when we reach there.

Regards

Lou Wong tauge Chicken "was" good in the 70s and 80s, but ever since they moved into the shop, the standard drop drastically... business usually goes to foreigner.

Foh San dim sum is no longer in the mentioned location, it has shifted to Jalan Leong Sin Nam year ago, behing Shell Station. That location also have a few dim sum eateries such at Ming Court and Lok Fook Mun. Each have their supporter but Foh San being the oldest brother.

I will skip Wooley Food and go next door, semi open air food court known as "Tung Gu Ting". Nice Claypot rice, different style of curry noodle which is my top fav, halal satay, BBQ fish and oh yeah, oyster sauce baked crab, a must try.

The rest of the recommendation I would say so so only (my personal opinion).

Oh btw, all the road name is correct and can be found in google map.

Besides the tauge chicken (I usually go to Lou Wong), I love the curry mee in Ipoh, with the Ipoh hor fun, it is really good. I usually go to Sin Seng Fatt at Jalan Market, Ipoh Old Town or Yee Fatt Curry Mee around Jalan Kampar. Foh San is great for dim sum, excellent value with great atmosphere, especially during weekend.

Get a Garmin and loaded it with the Malsing or MFM maps, loads of food POI in Ipoh. For me, Ipoh beats Penang as a food destination but for fine dinning, KL is better.

Hypersonic

Thanks to all who replied with your recommendations.