Comparing fuel Consumption b/w Merc, BMW and audi

Smurfs

Neutral Newbie

This thread is super OT liao...

Advise to TS, just go with your heart, FC is not a concern here between all 3 makes, because their FCs are just 1-2km/l difference, which works out to be only a small sum per month. Your monthly season parking may cost more than that.

So, go for the one you fancy most so that you don't regret later for getting 2nd best just because of a $50/month difference in petrol bill. Step a bit harder on the accelerator pedal and that $50 savings will also be gone, what's the point?

S$10million loan? There is a saying....if you do not have a big head, dont get a big hat. Know your limit.

You think the bank will lend him if his income is not up to scratch?

You're probably right about the badge whoring, but my point is this.

That someone who economises is not necessarily someone who is without financial ability.

I just found it amazing that someone who asked about FC is labelled as cannot afford the car...

Er... Thats the epitome of what is called a "hasty generalization".

In fact, i don't think that its just hasty, its downright wrong.

My point is there is no point to ask about FC when 1 consider to buy 2L vehicle. Wif 4 pot, there is not much difference (mayb 1L). The only diff is btw 4pot & 6pot for the same displacement. On the other hand, FC also affected by so many variable. It is pointless to compare.

On the other hand, "hasty generalization" is normal human behaviour. Why? It is normal for every1 to assume that if 1 going to buy >100k vehicle, FC is not a major criteria. That's why the comment about "someone who asked about FC is labelled as cannot afford the car...". Instead, it could be comfort, driving dynamic & etc. IMHO, if really care about FC, any car less 1L has very good FC.

Because he is a seafood trader. It is used to show that he has make it there. Therefore, he is concerned about fuel consumption.

huh? do u mean that he has no choice but to show he has made it in life, that's why he buys a big car, but actually he has not really made it and cannot afford the petrol prices?

I can understand your friend... It must be a nightmare to pay for the property loans......

Good luck to him... When property bubble burst he don't go jump MRT track or jump marina bay sands can already......lol.....

a person's networth = assets - liabilities

i think even if property crashes and he cashes out everything, still got a few million to live on. this kind of people won't die one.

My point is there is no point to ask about FC when 1 consider to buy 2L vehicle. Wif 4 pot, there is not much difference (mayb 1L). The only diff is btw 4pot & 6pot for the same displacement. On the other hand, FC also affected by so many variable. It is pointless to compare.

On the other hand, "hasty generalization" is normal human behaviour. Why? It is normal for every1 to assume that if 1 going to buy >100k vehicle, FC is not a major criteria. That's why the comment about "someone who asked about FC is labelled as cannot afford the car...". Instead, it could be comfort, driving dynamic & etc. IMHO, if really care about FC, any car less 1L has very good FC.

I see where you are coming from.

Let's just agree to disagree on this.

huh? do u mean that he has no choice but to show he has made it in life, that's why he buys a big car, but actually he has not really made it and cannot afford the petrol prices?

He shows that he has made it in life. However, being not used to driving big car (mayb he used to drive lorry), still concern about FC.

(edited)

Honestly, why would any1 care about FC when u r getting a premium vehicle?

In addition, E200CGI & BMW 320/Audi A4 is like comparing orange to apple.

I wass abt to ask the same...but in anycase it's always the foot...even a Toyota can have High FC

Edited by Busker888

I wass abt to ask the same...but in anycase it's always the foot...even a Toyota can have High FC

It is more than foot. It is an understanding of ur ride. I drive my car harder & faster than my wife. When i drive, FC is better than my wife driving.

Neutral Newbie

Hi Bro,

Sorry to bring up this old thread.

Recently planning to upgrade to either one of those car.

(choices were : Merc c180k BE or Non BE, C200k BE or NON BE, BMW 318 or 320,Audi A4 and Lexus IS250.

Pricing wise they're rather neck to neck in term of performance to dollar. Im hoping if current owner of each class of veh can share their average FC here.

(yes yes, i understand some bro here are kinda skeptical about helping bros asking for FC on premium brand car.

well, my job requires me to travel a fair bit, so beside luxury comfort. fuel efficiency is also very important to me. no doubt the differences in overhead for extra petrol consumption is minimally small.

I felt its rather comforting to know that at least its burnin' a tiny weey bit lesser. moreover a penny saved is a penny earn

evening bro welcome to the forum!

For my C200k, it is around 9-10 km/L

i always keep it in sports mode though so i guess maybe slightly better if you leave it in comfort.

Feel free to pm me if you need to know more about the car (:

Sorry but these premium makes r not the usual bread n butter cars even though the models u listed are entry level. They r built for the drive itself as a focus and not so much for the practical purpose of getting from A to B in the cheapest possible manner.

Maybe you wana try Toyota Lexus IS250 which should have better FC....

I am currently considering b/w these 3 models-> BMW 320i, E200CGI or an audi A4.

Does anyone know which brand gives the best fuel consumption?? For servicing, i know all will be expensive.. but is there a difference in cost b/w these 3?? (Generally, which will be more expensive in servicing?)

Thanks

buying a luxury car and trying to save fuel is like buying the istana and deciding to sleep in the kitchen. All because you do not want to mess up the bedroom.

I think its kinda strange that everyone seems to criticising the TS for asking about fuel consumption?

You mean can afford the car means happy to pay more in fuel?

I have seen people worth more than S$10 million, argue about less than $15 in interest calculations.

I second your point of view. For me, I still go NTUC (if possible) because it feels good to save a few dollars here and there. Thats just me....

I second your point of view. For me, I still go NTUC (if possible) because it feels good to save a few dollars here and there. Thats just me....

This type of ppl will buy Toyota Corolla because it is cheap to use. They will not come to MCF & ask FC of Audi, BMW or Merc.

↡ Advertisement