The Perfect Storm Of The Stock Market?

When i was 28 years old, i knew of a British tech boom tycoon who made a few hundred million pounds by the time he was 23 years old. When i was in university, another tech boom beneficiary contemporary of mine had already changed 2 Ferraris, added 1 Lambo and in addition a condo in town (Sentosa didn't "exist" then). Then, i also know of people who only made it big in their 30s, some only made it big in their 40s, some only made it big in their 50s, 60s, 70s etc.....

We all have different opportunities, different training, different aptitudes, different exposure in life etc. But u gotta make it work well for u, otherwise at the end of the day, u'd still be left with nothing. Don't bother with other people. Focus on yourself. Envy is a monster. Life is not solely about money. Stick with your approach, and you'd be surprised where you get one day.

A lot of the Forbes top pple who stay there don't get there young. Get there quickly, may fall off quickly also. Look at the Japanese last time, now got the Chinese... Buffett still there ya? He's soooo old!!! But he has his own consistent approach, for sure... Bill Gates only focuses on his business and making it work, and he's still there. And when you look at Singapore, it's also no different...

According to a survey, majority of men made it at about 40 years old....well i guess that gives me 7 more years....yup you are right everyone has their own approach....I think i am more of a yield searching kind of guy which explains why i like preferential shares and properties.....i think financial security is not about how much you have....but how much passive income you can have to sustain your lifestyle....for me I think i prefer a safer and hence longer term perspective of investing....and maybe i will take longer to hit my objective of 1.5million

Turbocharged

Have a noob question. Just saw from my POEMS list that Healthway has a "CR" (cum rights).

Whats does it mean and what implication does it have? I thought S$0.125 for Healthway might be a good entry point again.

Turbocharged

Thinking of buying silver. Can I buy through my poems account? How much is the minimum allowable transaction?

Thinking of buying silver. Can I buy through my poems account? How much is the minimum allowable transaction?

have to open a futures account with them...as to the lot size...maybe you can ask them and share with us...

Asonic official off watchlist date is 20th May and today already reach the legal highway speed ler.... Can't wait till the opening on Friday [whip]

congrats ur A sonic

i also chup 1 leg just now [laugh]

Welcome onboard to our Super Sonic Jet and pls fasten ur seat belt for expected turbulence and Sonic Boom [laugh]

After the recent drubbing in the commodities markets, shares of the Market Vectors Gold Miners ETF (GDX) are down 10% on the year. Yet gold, by contrast, is still up 8%.

If we go back a little further in time, the gold stock underperformance is even more glaring.

In March 2008, gold hit $1,000 per ounce for the first time ever. It

Uranium stocks seems to have big potential for the upside as global economy is inching it's way up and oil prices will sooner or later go tru the roof and that should support uranium prices I think and also China is building nuclear plants at record fast rate and demand should pickup fast & furious when the plants start to come online.

I think I will buy some as a hedge for high oil prices -_-

just wondered if you have considered currency exchange

US$ is expected to sink below current rate with the Singapore dollar

some think may be as much as 30%

but all said i agree Nuclear is the way to go

The debate regarding the future source of clean and

just wondered if you have considered currency exchange

US$ is expected to sink below current rate with the Singapore dollar

some think may be as much as 30%

but all said i agree Nuclear is the way to go

Yar I have thought about it as weak Usd = higher oil prices = higher demand and price for Uranium.... But I may be wrong [:p]

↡ Advertisement