The Perfect Storm Of The Stock Market?

dont just think it. do it.

express your views by putting your money where your mouth is.

Lose or win also nevermind.

At least more respectable than people who yak here and there by the sidelines.

"IF" is a very big word.

Take action Fellas, and Good Luck

↡ Advertisement

becos physical property market reacts slower and market is still full of liquidity.

but prolong negativity will move the market surely.

unless you have loads of properties like Viceroy or Zangetsu, otherwise no sweat lah.... [cool]

Haha, i have to admit it's kinda worrying monitoring global developments at present. Have hedged against a major correction in the stock markets, in case property falls and i can't cash out in time, i will still get real cash, and conversely if it turns out to be a blip, can still cash out my properties (but for less subsequently). Thankfully, my LTV is still quite manageable on the overall for the properties i bought.

Properties will lag a slowdown in equities by 1-2 months typically as it's less liquid, although the difference in sentiment is immediate. Another factor to consider is that a lot of the property price hike is due to dosmetic demand. Foreigners don't buy up the heartlands, and whilst developers are launching higher and higher, Singaporeans are also jumping in because they don't want to stay in HDB.

Neutral Newbie

Monday 10 May 2010 will be interesting. EU has just annouced that they will salvage Euro at all cost, which goes to show that big bankers are conducting massive shorting of the Euro.

I have a feeling that the bankers are going to artificially bring down the market and we may see a fall out in both European and US markets in Monday night.

Those still holding on to counter on Asian-Pacific markets, Monday morning may be the last chance to get out. Bloodshed on Tuesday 11 May.

Fingers crossed.

Supercharged

Where can we learn to read chart, is it expensive?

Get someone to teach you. You can pay to learn, but like palm-reading, nothing beats a master teaching you.

the situation in 2004 n 2010 ain't the same.

gold however is still a good base to keep some amount of money in. but i would never recommend a full lump sum.

probably in the 10-20% range. (and it has to be physical gold.)

Supercharged

the situation in 2004 n 2010 ain't the same.

gold however is still a good base to keep some amount of money in. but i would never recommend a full lump sum.

probably in the 10-20% range. (and it has to be physical gold.)

I didn't recommend one full lump sum.

Any investment portfolio should be well diversify.

Monday 10 May 2010 will be interesting. EU has just annouced that they will salvage Euro at all cost, which goes to show that big bankers are conducting massive shorting of the Euro.

I have a feeling that the bankers are going to artificially bring down the market and we may see a fall out in both European and US markets in Monday night.

Those still holding on to counter on Asian-Pacific markets, Monday morning may be the last chance to get out. Bloodshed on Tuesday 11 May.

Fingers crossed.

lets hope those massive hedge funds are not behind shorting the euro, it could be detrimental to the global economy...*points to soros*

This looks like the beginning of the double dip.

If the double dip really happens it wont be a recession this time.......its going to be a World DEPRESSION.......Hang on tight everyone [dizzy]

Where can we learn to read chart, is it expensive?

there are usually people taking two sides, one which believes in market efficiency hypothesis and the other one that don't. If you believe in random walk theory(weak form efficiency), it rules out technical analysis(ie charting).

I love charts..at least the probalities of determine the direction than to predict fundamentals direction

to be frank,how many is fundamental base? i use to play by it..till i doing intraday..i realise..it's far more than just these figures..alot more than meet the eye

BB is very important..haha

(edited)

Get someone to teach you. You can pay to learn, but like palm-reading, nothing beats a master teaching you.

Anyone can recommend a good master? Been looking for one for the longest time as my TA suxz big time.....bot quite abit on Mon 3rd May, first day of downtrend...now not much bullets, haizz

Edited by Drive

google terraseed

Fee is v cheap and material stuffs is good..they teach TA not how to use program to read..different

they will tell u which programs are good etc etc..then u go get urself..iirc they got some contacts to get Amibroker in v good amount..500+ lifetime with data

i being to their 1st bsaic class,after that just do own readout and practise myself..if dont know then refer here n there,

Supercharged

Anyone can recommend a good master? Been looking for one for the longest time as my TA suxz big time.....bot quite abit on Mon 3rd May, first day of downtrend...now not much bullets, haizz

If you are sincere in learning this, PM me and see if I have time. I don't mind spending a couple of hours to teach those who are sincere.

Perhaps I can even go through teh stock that you just bot. I am sure there are already signs there that you shouldn't have bot it.

dont need ur agent la,

high chance your fund manager fees u r paying is higher than my entire portfolio

i m only a low end investor.

he keep tellin me i m worrying too much, apart from a lump sum which i dropped in last yr, i m also contributing a fixed amt every mth.

he says based on dollar averaging, i jus need to increase my contribution when the fund drop

he keep on tellin me to have the investor mentality and not the speculator mentality. As long as i can wait i can see something at the end.

my gut feelin is that hes jus wants to increase his fund manager fees only this way rather than i cash out my account.

Even so, i can choose to suspend my account, if the fund do drop, i can go in again and my units will increase based on the existing value mah

is my agent taking me for a ride ?

let me just say, high chances are that your agent or relationship manager or private banker earns a proportion of his income from the total assets under management. if that is the case, then when you close out, they will earn less. even if he is totally honest; his judgment is likely to a small or large extent to be colored.

conventional wisdom is that if you keep putting in money regularly, you will average out your losses in the long run. that is true but only if you can be sure that you only need the money when the market is not in the pits.

in any case, in my opinion, funds are a bad investment because of all the people along the line creaming off your profits. in addition, empirical studies also seem to show that active fund managers do not in general beat their benchmark index after risk-adjustment and less transaction fees. if you are the lazy sort, then i think ETFs and passively managed funds are the way to go.

5th Gear

Unit trust yield slightly higher interest %, then banks, my wife forced me to

go into them, sort of our retirement nest, if not I'll spend the money on cars

and other stuff. WTF! <_<

Me too. We work so hard, so we should pamper ourself. Save some and enjoy some. No point keep thinking of generate more $, at the end your kids will inherit them. Since it is easy $ for them chances are they will squander them.

Turbocharged

Fingers crossed.

With news today that the volcano in Iceland has erupted for a second time, several european airports are now closed.

This is going to affect the stock market as trades are affected.

Supercharged

really? should i sell my stocks on hand?

would like to seek some advises [:p]

i'm a long term but small time investor who holds a couple of lots in

cambridge,

epure,

midas.

STI ETF

so far, i made around 20% to 50% profit on them.

i bought them pretty cheap and earning their dividends were quite regular and pleasant.

what you reckon? [;)]

really? should i sell my stocks on hand?

would like to seek some advises [:p]

i'm a long term but small time investor who holds a couple of lots in

cambridge,

epure,

midas.

STI ETF

so far, i made around 20% to 50% profit on them.

i bought them pretty cheap and earning their dividends were quite regular and pleasant.

what you reckon? [;)]

I would take profits on the ETF and pick up again when market stabilizes. All the fear factors are there - Europe with genuine debt issues, China curbing property price inflation big time, inexplicable heavy sell-offs on Dow Jones, even got major volcanic eruption and earthquake now! Throw in a killer virus outbreak and Osama detonating a nuke somewhere, and there'll probably be a movie 2 years from now called "2010".

Think there'll be continued selling in stocks, STI will probably break below the 2780 resistance quite easily this wk and after that no clue, what the next level of resistance is. My personal take is that this may be the start of a double dip. If Europe goes bust and Chinese real estate decouples, America's fragile economic recovery will be hit, and then you got another major depression. The unwinding of events will probably play out over the next 3 to 4 months.

↡ Advertisement