High cost of living in SG

Speedz76

Are we priced out of living in SG?  

219 members have voted

1. 1. Are we priced out of living in SG?

• OMFG, of course we are!!
    • No, its very affordable living here
    • I dun really care

15 hours ago, Angcheek said:

Floating in the river is free .... 😄

I still think the Singapore Market is freeing up liquidity for those that have deep pockets

https://www.edgeprop.sg/property-news/hottest-deals-drove-singapore’s-luxury-residential-market-2019

Sales of large penthouses were driven by foreign buyers who were not eligible to purchase landed properties, especially GCBs, which are the most coveted among bungalows in Singapore. “The next best alternative for them is to buy penthouses, which are equivalent to bungalows in terms of size,” adds Han.

Jump in transactions of luxury apartments above $4,000 psf

On the other hand, deals of luxury apartments above $4,000 psf jumped to 20 in 2019 from just eight units last year. Meanwhile, luxury apartment deals above $20 million trebled to 15 this year from five last year, according to List Sotheby’s research.

“Such purchases are made mainly by foreigners,” notes Dominic Lee, head of luxury team at PropNex. “Compared to other major cities, Singapore is considered relatively affordable even after factoring in the additional buyer’s stamp duty [ABSD].”

According to Lee, foreign buying interest was mainly due to Singapore’s good governance and stable currency. “Buying real estate is a way for them to protect their capital,” he adds.

Edited by Sdf4786k
↡ Advertisement

On 1/11/2020 at 12:30 PM, Throttle2 said:

Pretty good or not i dont know but being shoo in with big title and zero portfolio in the banking industry where he has no experience is clearly not about what he was but who he was.  Anyway, he is out already.  🤪

I apologize, it seems he hasnt join my Brotherhood yet.  Hai.....

False Alarm, muayhahahahah. 
paiseh paiseh...

1 hour ago, Throttle2 said:

I apologize, it seems he hasnt join my Brotherhood yet.  Hai.....

False Alarm, muayhahahahah. 
paiseh paiseh...

the bank still breathing ?  😁

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

7 hours ago, Sdf4786k said:

I still think the Singapore Market is freeing up liquidity for those that have deep pockets

https://www.edgeprop.sg/property-news/hottest-deals-drove-singapore’s-luxury-residential-market-2019

Sales of large penthouses were driven by foreign buyers who were not eligible to purchase landed properties, especially GCBs, which are the most coveted among bungalows in Singapore. “The next best alternative for them is to buy penthouses, which are equivalent to bungalows in terms of size,” adds Han.

Jump in transactions of luxury apartments above $4,000 psf

On the other hand, deals of luxury apartments above $4,000 psf jumped to 20 in 2019 from just eight units last year. Meanwhile, luxury apartment deals above $20 million trebled to 15 this year from five last year, according to List Sotheby’s research.

“Such purchases are made mainly by foreigners,” notes Dominic Lee, head of luxury team at PropNex. “Compared to other major cities, Singapore is considered relatively affordable even after factoring in the additional buyer’s stamp duty [ABSD].”

According to Lee, foreign buying interest was mainly due to Singapore’s good governance and stable currency. “Buying real estate is a way for them to protect their capital,” he adds.

Really meh ? 😂

But they are rite that many came here to park their money ........ 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

2 hours ago, Angcheek said:

the bank still breathing ?  😁

Of course, just shake up only. Aiyah very normal lah. Here chop 500, there chop 500.  Business as Usual.  
muayhahahhahaha

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

Of course, just shake up only. Aiyah very normal lah. Here chop 500, there chop 500.  Business as Usual.  
muayhahahhahaha

Depends .. core banking/ retail banking is dead. Digital banking is booming.. 

4 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

Depends .. core banking/ retail banking is dead. Digital banking is booming.. 

Until someone crack it 😂 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

42 minutes ago, Angcheek said:

Until someone crack it 😂 

Micro financing is a booming business.. that’s the reason why Maid’s n even grab see value in that biz.. as Long as every other day u see a spam on loans , you can be rest assured it’s a multimillion biz that is largely untapped because of lack of glamour.. 

On 1/13/2020 at 1:23 PM, Philipkee said:

I believe it is possible.  Though I cannot accept he cannot change it cos he was the CEO.

Culture that is deep seated is not easily changed.  Sometimes you need mass sackings to change it BUT the mass sackings might cause temporary loss of profits and/ or disruptions might make the BOD decide to sack YOU the CEO instead. 

A very recent example of the CISCO man kicking the PMD rider.  After this incident and it is found CISCO guards are unwilling to take firm measures against PMD riders and it has become the norm for them to do so, and you become the new CEO. How would u change the culture to make the frontliners be braver towards the PMD offenders?  And LTA say they will still not support any kicking or physical moves towards the PMD offenders?  

it is possible it is happening......but as the ceo he can't just blame the train failures on something as intangible and wide as that.....

he is well paid, and he has the discretion to correct those problems.  those problems belong to him, not that they belong elsewhere.

1 hour ago, Acemundo said:

he is well paid, and he has the discretion to correct those problems.  those problems belong to him, not that they belong elsewhere.

He might not have the discretion BUT if it's the BOD hampering him, he needs to challenge them.  Something people with high pay might not want to do.

Just now, RogerNg_185295 said:

Food in spore all very expensive. 

If we are talking about hawker food . Not  really.

But i feel cck is more expensive  then jurong  west area.

7 minutes ago, Beregond said:

If we are talking about hawker food . Not  really.

But i feel cck is more expensive  then jurong  west area.

You mean coffeshop in cck and jurong west price? Think cck dont have hawker centre unlike jurong west area. Only option in cck is coffeeshop and foodcourt.

• Praise 1

20 hours ago, Philipkee said:

He might not have the discretion BUT if it's the BOD hampering him, he needs to challenge them.  Something people with high pay might not want to do.

still not a good excuse.......he is ceo.......he is the chief in execution........cannot stay passive and push the blame on others.

5 minutes ago, Acemundo said:

still not a good excuse.......he is ceo.......he is the chief in execution........cannot stay passive and push the blame on others.

True.  But if he did so, he's hardly the exception.  Even in the west that promote accountability.

I only learned from a senior nurse one thing.  He believed in something so much (helping a staff) that he told management straight in the face that if help is not given, he will resign immediately.  And management's balls shrank.

I learned from him.  Did it once also.  Management's balls shrank also.

Maybe we need more people to do things like this

Hehe.

But I only did it once.  I still want a job. :D

• Praise 2

5 hours ago, Philipkee said:

True.  But if he did so, he's hardly the exception.  Even in the west that promote accountability.

I only learned from a senior nurse one thing.  He believed in something so much (helping a staff) that he told management straight in the face that if help is not given, he will resign immediately.  And management's balls shrank.

I learned from him.  Did it once also.  Management's balls shrank also.

Maybe we need more people to do things like this

Hehe.

But I only did it once.  I still want a job. :D

i did it once also.......boss claimed he doing something but never did....i resigned thereafter.

• Praise 2
  • Shocked 1