Do anyone know Vehicle registration plates of Singapore?

Chiangauto

Is mainly for differentiation between different types of vehicles. Although I not really sure why private cars have the choice of black or yellow/white.

I think the white and yellow plates originate from England when SG was a british colony right?

Hmm...

Then the black plates from Malaysia?

Neutral Newbie

White on front and yellow on back plates are for those reflective plates. You can find majority of the heavy vehicles such as buses and trucks using such plates. Maybe they are more durable as most of them are made of metal.

(edited)

Just wondering why there is alot different number plate color in singapore.therefore,just found the general info from internet.Not sure whether your guy have noticed the diff of color number plate and the purpose.?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_regis...es_of_Singapore

Yellow is less reflective to head lights, hence yellow is for rear. Confirmed by a LTA officer when I did a site visit at their office.

Some vehicle owners prefers these older white and yellow plates then the newer black plates.

Edited by Billcoke

Actually I think the yellow/white combi looks nice on some car. Depending on what your car color is. Too bad I cannot choose, haha, cause mine is red. [laugh]

Something looks wrong.....

The number 4 should not be so near to the A.

And also the number 1 might be too far from the A as well.

Mine is front white rear yellow. i purposely replace it one.

Look nicer on a white car mah. ^_^

The one whom did these plates did tell me both whites also can...........but dont get caught. [laugh]

↡ Advertisement