Second Hand Chery QQ 0.8A

Avantiz

Neutral Newbie

To all the QQ drivers out there. How is your ride performing so far?

1) FC?

2) Maintenance?

3) I heard all my friends telling me tales about how a QQ with 4 people being unable to go up a MSCP =X scary if it is really true. But yet some tell me QQ can make it till Genting Highland.

Advices please.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

1) FC?

2) Maintenance?

3) I heard all my friends telling me tales about how a QQ with 4 people being unable to go up a MSCP =X scary if it is really true. But yet some tell me QQ can make it till Genting Highland.

Advices please.

Though i not driving a QQ.. but to your point #3.. don't hear here and there..

best is go try urself and u will know.. :)

• Praise 2

I tink can la, if cnt u think still got pple drive meh..

Jz need to accelerate more to go up lor..

Best is to try.. y not try ur fren's car..

• Praise 2

I dont think the dealer will allow me to try the car in a MSCP. =X

if you are a sincere buyer, there is no reason why cannot try in mscp.

but if you want to try for fun or for bo liao purpose, no car dealer will be happy to entertain you.

• Praise 2

I dont think the dealer will allow me to try the car in a MSCP. =X

yah. they will not bring you to MSCP because you will not even reach there. =xxxxxx

anyway, i would suggest you to pump in a bit more for a Jap/Kor car.

wait till the maker makes the cars more reliable, maybe on par with Jap/Kor cars then we discuss again..

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

1) FC?

2) Maintenance?

Advices please.

Hi Avantiz

buying a car is about bringing you from point A and point B with a reasonable level of comfort and trust in the car. I think QQ hardly can give you much of both and plus the possibilities of high maintanence, repair, time lost, money lost etc....

Really not worth it, better to consider again for a decent entry level when owning a car. If budget is tight might as well look for a second hand japanese car.

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

I don't drive a Chery QQ but about the car's FC, I think it should be pretty good given the "feather weight and small

Maintenance wise is a huge no-no, heard that there are a lot of maintenance issues. I think you can just read the sgcarmart's owners' comments/reviews and you will just shake head.

Going up MSCP with 4 adults, not sure, but I have seen QQ parked at deck 2 before, if that is anything to go by. Of course, I wouldnt know if it is single driver or driver + 4 adults. In any case, are you sure you can sit 4 other adults in a QQ?

Reliability/safety will be your major concern. If you go youtube to see the crash test videos, or view the QQ crushed in between 2 buses like a flattened tin can(happened in China 2007), I'm sure you wouldn't consider this car.

I have personally seen a QQ's LHS wheels slightly off the ground when the car was making a narrow kerb u-turn. Is that safety?

I always joke with friends, you better be a fatty driving QQ, because of high CG, if you do a turn/filter in without braking, or slowing down, you may just overturn. Which is why, you need to be big sized or at least heavy enough to lower the car's CG.

Edited by Rayvolvez
  • Praise 2

ya its true the QQ has difficulty going up MSCP with just 2 people. me , my fren. he used to drive QQ 0.8M. i 70kg he 80kg. nearly roll back. if u wan have 4 people i suggest no. cos we aint really heavy either. rather u throw a little more for a jap even a chevy. just my 2cents. :)

• Praise 2

want to buy my QQ? sept 2009 registered. Ever drove @ 130km/hr on QQ 0.8A haha.. who say qq cannot hit, it depends whether you have the balls to drive that fast on a QQ.

• Praise 2

Technique of driving qq up a steep slope, switch off aircon, turn to manual gear and ramp up on 1st gear or stay semi auto (I don't call that AMT auto as it is only semi-auto) and ramp, sure can go up.

AMT for chery qq is not auto. becos even when on 1st gear release brake, the car won't move one. it is only gear engage. Full auto cars when release brake will move forward. Same for reverse gear, won't move unless u press accelarator or definitely on a slope la.

Also if the car jerk like crazy, go back to vertex to reset AMT, then ok liaoz. This is the bug.